Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2017 Marie - NEWS & EVENTS  (Read 24833 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: April 13, 2017, 02:52:33 AM »

Address by HE Francois Zimeray
Ambassador of France to Denmark

On the occasion of the presentation of the insignia of Grand Officer in the Order of the Legion of Honor to HRH Princess Marie of Denmark
April 7, 2017

Your Royal Highness Prince Henry,
Your Royal Highness Prince Joachim,
Your Royal Highness Princess Marie

Excellencies,

Dear friends,

It is for the entire French Embassy, ​​for Karine and for me, an immense honor to receive you to celebrate the merits of Your daughter in law, Your beautiful daughter, Your wife, Her Royal Highness Princess Marie of Denmark.

Madame,

A few years ago, in Paris, I was charged with organizing the celebrations of the sixtieth anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. We had planned a big exhibition where each of the thirty articles of the Declaration would be illustrated with a photograph and it was my responsibility to choose. To include the rights of the child, such as the abolition of slavery or the prohibition of torture, this selection had proved easy.

We had - sadly - only the embarrassment of the choice to imagery each of these themes. But I remember that the most difficult was to find the best way to illustrate article 1, the right to dignity, How to represent dignity in an image? My choice finally stopped on a photograph of James Nachtwey, a sumptuous landscape: the plain of Africa, dear to Karen Blixen, immense calm, eternal. In the foreground, sitting on a rock, two teenagers with tribal paintings on their bodies, elbows on their knees, contemplate the distance, majestically.

In French, the word majesté means first a title, but it also means a quality, a way of being, of existing, of holding its role in the world that inspires this sense of dignity.

It is this notion of dignity that comes to mind when I think of your role within the monarchy, the way you have to embody the nobility of a family and a people in also inscribing you in the valley of the centuries. You do it with elegance, in the tension between the passion you put into everything and the part of discretion, of abnegation, which this also supposes, of which you do not let anything appear.

This Legion of Honor, the highest distinction that France can bestow, is addressed to the Princess, and through her to the whole royal family of Denmark. But first, it devotes your personal merits. It testifies to the profound affection of France for your family and for Denmark, because you know our countries share a common history and millennium. It is this whole relationship made of values ​​of commitment that you embody magnificently, and whose strength you reinforce. Needless to say, Denmark and France, in the long history, have often fought side by side and never face to face, as they are fighting together for freedom of conscience and expression, equality of the sexes.

You are the incarnation of this French woman who has always held an eminent place in our culture and symbolizes our freedom.

For the admiration of the women involved has been part of a long tradition since Marianne, the Princess of Cleves, Madame de la Fayette, Marie Curie, Lucie Aubrac and Simone de Beauvoir.

Certainly equality did not prevail from one day to the next. But this very French label that makes the gallant discover and bow before the lady has undoubtedly constituted a favorable ground for the conquest of the rights of women.

A patron of the prize of French-speaking literature in Denmark, you are perfectly illustrating the vision of the historian Mona Ozouf, for whom "France is a feminine and literary country." You are also a committed woman, and if I judge of the causes which you defend, and of your energy in defending them, I have the idea that you would have been an excellent advocate; I saw that you do not let go.

You are engaged in the great challenges of our time. You promote the fight against food waste, concerned about the state of the Earth that we will leave to our children. But you are also concerned with the spirit of the children we will leave to our Earth. So you are resolutely focused on youth and education, whether it is fighting autism, helping the children of the Odense Hospital or sponsoring universities. And what would be education without the fight against poverty: your humanitarian commitments in Morocco or Burma in support of the Danish NGOs are impressive. You go so far as to involve yourself personally in helping the poor, when you visit the victims of Storm Urd at Noel. You are committed to the Danish Emergency Management Agency. I know that you would like to practice more often in the field the training that you have followed, but that your status is an obstacle. This honors you infinitely.

But beyond that, your personality and background also embodies Europe. I have often thought that Denmark is much more European than it thinks. And, as Madame de Staël said, "the European spirit must now be respected".

You master five European languages, Danish, English, Italian, Spanish ... and even French. You multiply your European commitments, at the European School in Copenhagen or at the Danish Foundation of the Cité Internationale de Paris. I note in passing that you have chosen to call your daughter Athena, goddess of the cradle of Europe. Like so many Europeans, you have married a new nation, while remaining attached to the one you come from: I will never forget your emotion and that of your family.

For this life of commitment, you lead it in fidelity to your origins, to those who made you - I greet your parents and brothers, who came especially from France - and with in the heart the warm memory of your grandmother, Baroness Odile de Sairigné, who was for you a landmark and a source of balance. This life of commitment you lead it also thanks to the support of your husband Prince Joachim, who encourages you and of which you say with admiration that he is "always positive".

Dear Princess Marie, there are still some who consider the French proud or arrogant. They must be somewhat surprised to see the Republic gladly honor a royal highness. It is because this high distinction recognizes commitments of all kinds provided they are at the service of universal values. But having been privileged to see you in the exercise of your duties, to hold your rank and to defend so many universal causes, I am now convinced that even if you were not of French descent, you woul equally deserve this medal.

Our age challenges us to everything that is dear to us. The world seems at times overwhelmed by vulgarity, entertainment replaces culture, political thought is expressed in tweets and the brutality takes possession of some of the world's most powerful leaders. As opposed to the spectacle we are given to see, you have perfectly adopted the way of being of a family mixing everyday simplicity with sophistication, like the Danish design, appreciated all over the world. Your kingdom attests that the nobility does not exclude simplicity. And that suits you very well, Madame. In this way, you incarnate with historical continuity, refinement, culture and commitment.

For all these reasons, Princess Marie of Denmark, in the name of the President of the Republic, and by virtue of the powers conferred on us, we make you Grand Officer of the Legion of Honor.

Curtsey

This is really lovely, Peeds!  Star  That honor was well-deserved on Marie's part.  

And she accomplished it without having to do multiple "looker me!" tours of France.  Amazing.

Isn't it?! Reading it I got all warm and fuzzy. You can feel every emotion in that speech that the ambassador gave in Marie's honor.

Truly well-deserved.

And a blingie back right atcha  Star

« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 03:04:57 AM by PeDe » Logged

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: April 13, 2017, 06:17:39 AM »

Joachim is sooo proud of her  Cute

« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 06:28:55 AM by PeDe » Logged

Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Sudan Sudan

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: April 13, 2017, 11:59:23 AM »

WOW! Marie mentioned along with Mariane and Marie Curie. That is an amazing honour.
Harley
Board Helper
Ginormous Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: April 13, 2017, 12:24:31 PM »

Good going, Marie. That was a really beautiful speech. If I were Marie, my eyes would be soooo wet after those words. Very very flattering. But then, she really is awesome and deserves some proper recognition. She's always downplayed so much by the media, it's nice that SOMEONE credits her good work.  Thumb up

Off topic, but the woman in the last picture kinda looks like Mosh from behind.  Secret

just a serf

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: April 13, 2017, 04:52:01 PM »

You master five European languages, Danish, English, Italian, Spanish ... and even French. 

No Malay?  Tongue

"I haven't played since I stopped." - Waity Middleton
"You only have it if you've got it." - James, Marquis of Mallow
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: April 13, 2017, 05:30:35 PM »

You master five European languages, Danish, English, Italian, Spanish ... and even French. 

No Malay?  Tongue

She can give it a try, but since when is Malay a European language?  Tongue  Wink

French, a language I couldn't handle/master at highschool. Still struggeling with it.
So currently my list of European languages is still limited to three (Dutch, German and English). But that is easy as the languages are look a like (all Germanic languages; West Germanic to be precise)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: April 13, 2017, 06:34:15 PM »

No Malay?  Tongue

That language is only reserved for the Crown Princess, silly.

No second of the second of the second is allowed to utter a word in Malay  Tongue

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: April 21, 2017, 09:27:38 PM »

April 20
Marie attended the Emergency Management Agency National Forum for the prevention of accidents at the Citadel in Copenhagen.
The new national forum for accident prevention will henceforth meet in connection with seminars on selected topics that will be highlighted through professional presentations, debates and workshops. Marie is associated as a special project assistant in prevention with the Emergency Management Agency.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: April 22, 2017, 05:43:35 PM »

The forum, which was NOT on the calendar, and completely ignored by media...AGAIN... Ranting

National forum to strengthen prevention

On Thursday was the first meeting of a new national forum for accident prevention held. The goal of the Forum include reducing the number of fatalities caused by fire.

Emergency Management Agency presented earlier this year a national strategy for the prevention of accidents and disasters. One of the main points of the strategy was to establish a national forum to prevent and reduce the cost of accidents and disasters.

Today was the first meeting of the forum held. A number of players who also participated in work on the strategy, opened with HRH Princess Marie, who is associated Emergency Management, the forum. Then there were professional presentations and discussions on the causes of fire, digital volunteers and volunteerism in general.

Specific goals for the future work:

The National Forum for the prevention of accidents with such a broad range of authorities, organizations, associations, etc. help to create a more holistic and cross anchoring of the prevention strategy. Specifically, the work of the new forum support the main objectives of the national crime prevention strategy:

Fewer deaths and injuries and fewer expenses for injuries associated with fires, strong storms and floods. Increased risk awareness and more decisiveness, self-reliance and helpfulness of the population before, during and after serious accidents and disasters

- "We are very satisfied with the specific academic work is started. Now we must work together with the elements pointing towards the overall objectives. It will be a long haul, but it is encouraging to see that so many actors involved in the work", said Head of Emergency Management Henrik G. Petersen.

About the National Forum for the prevention of accidents
The National Forum for the prevention of accidents is based on the national prevention strategy that was launched in February this year. The strategy developed by a working group of:

- Local Government Association
- Danish Red Cross
- Health
- National Board
- Civil Protection League
- Transport, Building and Housing
- National police
- Police Intelligence
- Emergency Management

With the new forum is a wide range of authorities, organizations, associations, etc., which were part of a working group and an advisory group in connection with the preparation of the national prevention strategy. Several have since been added.

The overall forum will henceforth meet in connection with seminars on selected topics that will be highlighted through professional presentations, debates and workshops. In addition, in relation to specific initiatives will be formed working groups with the participation of the relevant authorities and other parties.

Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Sudan Sudan

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: April 23, 2017, 07:51:11 AM »

The people who matter know exactly  who works hard, and who does a good job - and who doesn't.
lynda

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: April 23, 2017, 03:57:26 PM »

Address by HE Francois Zimeray
Ambassador of France to Denmark

On the occasion of the presentation of the insignia of Grand Officer in the Order of the Legion of Honor to HRH Princess Marie of Denmark
April 7, 2017

Your Royal Highness Prince Henry,
Your Royal Highness Prince Joachim,
Your Royal Highness Princess Marie

Excellencies,

Dear friends,

It is for the entire French Embassy, ​​for Karine and for me, an immense honor to receive you to celebrate the merits of Your daughter in law, Your beautiful daughter, Your wife, Her Royal Highness Princess Marie of Denmark.

Madame,

A few years ago, in Paris, I was charged with organizing the celebrations of the sixtieth anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. We had planned a big exhibition where each of the thirty articles of the Declaration would be illustrated with a photograph and it was my responsibility to choose. To include the rights of the child, such as the abolition of slavery or the prohibition of torture, this selection had proved easy.

We had - sadly - only the embarrassment of the choice to imagery each of these themes. But I remember that the most difficult was to find the best way to illustrate article 1, the right to dignity, How to represent dignity in an image? My choice finally stopped on a photograph of James Nachtwey, a sumptuous landscape: the plain of Africa, dear to Karen Blixen, immense calm, eternal. In the foreground, sitting on a rock, two teenagers with tribal paintings on their bodies, elbows on their knees, contemplate the distance, majestically.

In French, the word majesté means first a title, but it also means a quality, a way of being, of existing, of holding its role in the world that inspires this sense of dignity.

It is this notion of dignity that comes to mind when I think of your role within the monarchy, the way you have to embody the nobility of a family and a people in also inscribing you in the valley of the centuries. You do it with elegance, in the tension between the passion you put into everything and the part of discretion, of abnegation, which this also supposes, of which you do not let anything appear.

This Legion of Honor, the highest distinction that France can bestow, is addressed to the Princess, and through her to the whole royal family of Denmark. But first, it devotes your personal merits. It testifies to the profound affection of France for your family and for Denmark, because you know our countries share a common history and millennium. It is this whole relationship made of values ​​of commitment that you embody magnificently, and whose strength you reinforce. Needless to say, Denmark and France, in the long history, have often fought side by side and never face to face, as they are fighting together for freedom of conscience and expression, equality of the sexes.

You are the incarnation of this French woman who has always held an eminent place in our culture and symbolizes our freedom.

For the admiration of the women involved has been part of a long tradition since Marianne, the Princess of Cleves, Madame de la Fayette, Marie Curie, Lucie Aubrac and Simone de Beauvoir.

Certainly equality did not prevail from one day to the next. But this very French label that makes the gallant discover and bow before the lady has undoubtedly constituted a favorable ground for the conquest of the rights of women.

A patron of the prize of French-speaking literature in Denmark, you are perfectly illustrating the vision of the historian Mona Ozouf, for whom "France is a feminine and literary country." You are also a committed woman, and if I judge of the causes which you defend, and of your energy in defending them, I have the idea that you would have been an excellent advocate; I saw that you do not let go.

You are engaged in the great challenges of our time. You promote the fight against food waste, concerned about the state of the Earth that we will leave to our children. But you are also concerned with the spirit of the children we will leave to our Earth. So you are resolutely focused on youth and education, whether it is fighting autism, helping the children of the Odense Hospital or sponsoring universities. And what would be education without the fight against poverty: your humanitarian commitments in Morocco or Burma in support of the Danish NGOs are impressive. You go so far as to involve yourself personally in helping the poor, when you visit the victims of Storm Urd at Noel. You are committed to the Danish Emergency Management Agency. I know that you would like to practice more often in the field the training that you have followed, but that your status is an obstacle. This honors you infinitely.

But beyond that, your personality and background also embodies Europe. I have often thought that Denmark is much more European than it thinks. And, as Madame de Staël said, "the European spirit must now be respected".

You master five European languages, Danish, English, Italian, Spanish ... and even French. You multiply your European commitments, at the European School in Copenhagen or at the Danish Foundation of the Cité Internationale de Paris. I note in passing that you have chosen to call your daughter Athena, goddess of the cradle of Europe. Like so many Europeans, you have married a new nation, while remaining attached to the one you come from: I will never forget your emotion and that of your family.

For this life of commitment, you lead it in fidelity to your origins, to those who made you - I greet your parents and brothers, who came especially from France - and with in the heart the warm memory of your grandmother, Baroness Odile de Sairigné, who was for you a landmark and a source of balance. This life of commitment you lead it also thanks to the support of your husband Prince Joachim, who encourages you and of which you say with admiration that he is "always positive".

Dear Princess Marie, there are still some who consider the French proud or arrogant. They must be somewhat surprised to see the Republic gladly honor a royal highness. It is because this high distinction recognizes commitments of all kinds provided they are at the service of universal values. But having been privileged to see you in the exercise of your duties, to hold your rank and to defend so many universal causes, I am now convinced that even if you were not of French descent, you woul equally deserve this medal.

Our age challenges us to everything that is dear to us. The world seems at times overwhelmed by vulgarity, entertainment replaces culture, political thought is expressed in tweets and the brutality takes possession of some of the world's most powerful leaders. As opposed to the spectacle we are given to see, you have perfectly adopted the way of being of a family mixing everyday simplicity with sophistication, like the Danish design, appreciated all over the world. Your kingdom attests that the nobility does not exclude simplicity. And that suits you very well, Madame. In this way, you incarnate with historical continuity, refinement, culture and commitment.

For all these reasons, Princess Marie of Denmark, in the name of the President of the Republic, and by virtue of the powers conferred on us, we make you Grand Officer of the Legion of Honor.

Curtsey

This is really lovely, Peeds!  Star  That honor was well-deserved on Marie's part.  

And she accomplished it without having to do multiple "looker me!" tours of France.  Amazing.

Isn't it?! Reading it I got all warm and fuzzy. You can feel every emotion in that speech that the ambassador gave in Marie's honor.

Truly well-deserved.

And a blingie back right atcha  Star

how beautiful...............
just a serf

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: April 23, 2017, 07:12:00 PM »

The forum, which was NOT on the calendar, and completely ignored by media...AGAIN... Ranting

National forum to strengthen prevention

On Thursday was the first meeting of a new national forum for accident prevention held. The goal of the Forum include reducing the number of fatalities caused by fire.

Emergency Management Agency presented earlier this year a national strategy for the prevention of accidents and disasters. One of the main points of the strategy was to establish a national forum to prevent and reduce the cost of accidents and disasters.

Today was the first meeting of the forum held. A number of players who also participated in work on the strategy, opened with HRH Princess Marie, who is associated Emergency Management, the forum. Then there were professional presentations and discussions on the causes of fire, digital volunteers and volunteerism in general.

Specific goals for the future work:

The National Forum for the prevention of accidents with such a broad range of authorities, organizations, associations, etc. help to create a more holistic and cross anchoring of the prevention strategy. Specifically, the work of the new forum support the main objectives of the national crime prevention strategy:

Fewer deaths and injuries and fewer expenses for injuries associated with fires, strong storms and floods. Increased risk awareness and more decisiveness, self-reliance and helpfulness of the population before, during and after serious accidents and disasters

- "We are very satisfied with the specific academic work is started. Now we must work together with the elements pointing towards the overall objectives. It will be a long haul, but it is encouraging to see that so many actors involved in the work", said Head of Emergency Management Henrik G. Petersen.

About the National Forum for the prevention of accidents
The National Forum for the prevention of accidents is based on the national prevention strategy that was launched in February this year. The strategy developed by a working group of:

- Local Government Association
- Danish Red Cross
- Health
- National Board
- Civil Protection League
- Transport, Building and Housing
- National police
- Police Intelligence
- Emergency Management

With the new forum is a wide range of authorities, organizations, associations, etc., which were part of a working group and an advisory group in connection with the preparation of the national prevention strategy. Several have since been added.

The overall forum will henceforth meet in connection with seminars on selected topics that will be highlighted through professional presentations, debates and workshops. In addition, in relation to specific initiatives will be formed working groups with the participation of the relevant authorities and other parties.

Not even any camera phone pics?  Thinking

Has someone thrown a tantrum after Marie's incredible award from France?

"I haven't played since I stopped." - Waity Middleton
"You only have it if you've got it." - James, Marquis of Mallow
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: May 18, 2017, 06:43:43 PM »

May 18
Marie attends - as patron of the AIDS Foundation - the IAVI briefing
On the occasion of World AIDS Vaccine Day, Prinsesse Marie met with stakeholders for the AIDS Vaccine Initiative. The briefing, organized by AIDS Foundation in collaboration with the International AIDS Vaccine Initiative, referred to both the progress and the potential for a vaccine that can prevent HIV infection. Here is Princess with director of AIDS Foundation, Andreas Gylling Ćbelř.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: May 18, 2017, 09:23:09 PM »

Marie's blouse is from BAUM & PFERGARTEN

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: