Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 40   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2017 Swedish Royal News  (Read 114824 times)
Lady Adelaide

Gigantic Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« on: January 03, 2017, 01:20:32 PM »

http://www.expressen.se/n...-pa-drottningholms-slott/

Silvia: There are ghosts at Drottningholm Palace

The king and queen live at Drottningholm Palace.
But the home is haunted by ghosts, says Queen Silvia in the programme "Drottningholm Palace - a royal home."
- There are ghosts, many ghosts, she says in the programme that is broadcasted on January 5 on SVT1.

In "Drottningholm Palace - a royal home," which is broadcast at 18.30 on January 5 in SVT1 viewers will learn the history of Drottningholm Palace. Queen Hedvig Eleonora built the castle in the 1600s. Today the royal couple live in a part of the castle. The rest is open to visitors.

- There are a lot of history here, there are also little friends ... ghosts. They are all very friendly, but you sometimes feel that you are not alone. So come in and feel it yourself walking around here in the darkness. It's very exciting, says Queen Silvia in the programme.
The queen stresses, however, that they are "harmless" ghosts.
- You will not get scared, it's a kindness that exists. What if they could speak?

Princess Christina, the king's sister, who among other things has written a book about Drottningholm Palace, is also interviewed in the program. She agrees with the queen about the existence of ghosts in the castle.
- Of course it does. All old houses are haunted. There is much energy in this house and it would be strange if it was not reflected in the sounds and shapes of the house, she says in "Drottningholm Palace - a royal home."

In this program, Silvia is asked if she herself has experienced the presence of ghosts at Drottningholm Palace.
- There are ghosts, many ghosts, she says.

Has the queen herself felt their presence?
- Yes I have. But as I said, they are very friendly.
Tulip of Nonsense

Medium Member

Monaco Monaco

Je chante donc je suis...

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 04:58:38 PM »

Oh how exciting!!! Nerves I'm dying to spend a night or two in the couloirs of Drottningholm! Would love to chat with ghosts from every walk of ancient life,  Whistle for these days I get tired of some people so easily...  Blush

"I was given a degree by a college of unbeautiful nonsense... And I have kissed a prince in a land where men grind their wheat in the sky..."
Melville Davisson Post
onar

Medium Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 07:03:27 PM »

Blink
is this being said as an advertisment for the palace?

ortensia

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 07:15:35 PM »

A family ghost is an heirloom!
I guess a family ghost,watching over her grand grand grand sons for centuries,must be like a friendly and familiar dowager aunt.

But I wouldn't like to meet those Swedish ghosts,because they must be friendly with their dear ones only,we paying visitors in a castle must be seen as intruders and who wants to piss off a ghost???🕊
Ostermalmstanten

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 07:20:07 PM »

Well of course they are all kind ghosts.  Roll Eyes

It wouldn't sound very good if she was honest and said that there used to be only kind ghosts, but that angry ancestors have been spotted every day since around 2009-2010 and that things have gone much worse the last couple of years. Some people might think that this could have something to do with the fact that the king seems to hate his country and its people because he welcomed a gold digger into the family AND gave her a title...  Thinking
Passing Stars

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 07:48:04 PM »

It wouldn't sound very good if she was honest and said that there used to be only kind ghosts, but that angry ancestors have been spotted every day since around 2009-2010 and that things have gone much worse the last couple of years. Some people might think that this could have something to do with the fact that the king seems to hate his country and its people because he welcomed a gold digger into the family AND gave her a title...  Thinking

Star  Haha...  Well said  Angel

To imagine at some point in time this family was worthy of a crown  Blink 

I think it would be really interesting to compare the actual life accomplishments of the first king vs. the current king....  I realize the job requirements have changed considerably but still interesting...
Cecilia

Large Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2017, 08:42:20 PM »

Blink

Yes, I felt like she said it as advertisment.
I never felt, or saw any ghosts the times I have been walking around the rooms at Drottningholm. But maybe the ghosts prefer royals? Come to think of it, I would love to be a ghost and ghost around the cabinet with the tiaras...
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2017, 09:03:00 PM »

Star Ha ha  ....  Cool - you hit the nail on the head

IMO it is very silly to talk about ghosts ... what did she intend?
onar

Medium Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2017, 12:37:12 AM »

Blink

Yes, I felt like she said it as advertisment.
I never felt, or saw any ghosts the times I have been walking around the rooms at Drottningholm. But maybe the ghosts prefer royals? Come to think of it, I would love to be a ghost and ghost around the cabinet with the tiaras...
yup! especially the cabinet where the tiara Vic wore at nobel ceremony was found! Tongue

JessDawn

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2017, 06:32:27 AM »

I think it would be really interesting to compare the actual life accomplishments of the first king vs. the current king....  I realize the job requirements have changed considerably but still interesting...

Yes! Jean-Baptiste Bernadotte - First Bernadotte monarch. He did accomplished a lot for Sweden, more than CG could have ever done, and didn't let his son, Oscar I, to marry an inappropiate person.  Halo

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2017, 07:35:32 AM »

oh shoot, I didn't see there was already a 2017 thread...I'll delete mine

This year was a very exciting one- both for the royals and for us here at The Royals and I. We purchased out own domain and rebuilt our website- in addition we also launched UFO No More. The entire Swedish Royal Family worked 222 days out of the 366 days this year- that we know of. Their busiest month was October where someone worked 27 days out of the 31 days in that month. I have included my table of days below. I think it is important to note that the family does a lot of work outside of their public appearances that we are not aware of and often they do more than one engagement a day.

counted in the number of new pieces at the end of the totals.

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2017, 10:45:57 AM »

I want to know how many of Sofia's engagements were with PP and also how much of Madeleine's work for Childhood that wasn't included as work. It's kind of fascinating how they can essentially make the numbers look like they want to them to..
Kaiserin

Big Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2017, 11:47:59 AM »

Yes! Jean-Baptiste Bernadotte - First Bernadotte monarch. He did accomplished a lot for Sweden, more than CG could have ever done, and didn't let his son, Oscar I, to marry an inappropiate person.  Halo

Well, on the appropriateness of Josephine jr., Oscar I?s wife, one could at least dispute a bit.

She was the daughter of Josephine?s son from her first marriage, before she married Napoleon.
This son, Eugene, got the chance to marry Auguste of Bavaria mainly because he was Napoleon?s step son. Or maybe one should say Napoleon forced him to marry Augusta,
because that was another way to ?link? the wider imperial family (which was in no way ancient nobility, but came from poor Corsika on Napeleons side and from the colonies on Josephines side, while Eugenes father died under the guillotine) to the ancient royalty of Europe.

When Josephine jr. was born, Eugene was Viceroy of Italia ? but only because Napoleon made him so after defeating the coalition in Marengo and crowning himself as King of Italy. When Josephine jr. was three years old, her grandmother had to divorce from Napoleon, and he had snatched Marie-Louise of Austria instead, a further idea to cement himself into royalty be getting a son with the daugther of Austrias Emperor.
After Napoleons final defeat, also Eugenes Viceroy title was null and void, and Eugene & Augusta went to exile to her father in Bavaria, together with their kids, and got granted the Leuchtenberg title.

So for a blood royal, Josephine jr. might have seen as a princess with only 50% royal blood and some obscure social climber father.
But then again, also Oscar?s father Jean Baptiste wasn?t a blood royal, but the son of a lawyer, married to the daughter of a silk merchant, who was, after an excellent military career, elected to be Crown Prince of Sweden.
I am sure that Napoleon expected him to be a string puppet for the Empire, which he absolutely wasn?t, and as Maria said, Jean Baptiste (Karl XIV Johan) pursued his royal duties with the same efficiency he was used to from his Military career.
Obviously, Jean Baptiste left the choice of bride to Oscar himself, only telling him that his own first choice would be one of the Danish princesses (who Oscar didn?t fancy when visiting them).
Oscar is said to have felt for Josephine jr. the moment he saw her, she being a beauty.

Another issue with Josephine jr. was that she kept her roman-catholic believe (like her MIL, Desir?e), which went not down well in protestantic Sweden.
Baron Brockdorf

Medium Member

Malta Malta

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2017, 11:48:46 AM »

I want to know how many of Sofia's engagements were with PP and also how much of Madeleine's work for Childhood that wasn't included as work. It's kind of fascinating how they can essentially make the numbers look like they want to them to..
Re Sofias pp work idk but re Madeleine's non recorded work some examples inc:
-an official visit to New York with Silvia and WCF - the week that Alexander was born Silvia was mentioned in the court website madde wasn't, I only knew she was there with the queen because I follow her on Facebook, in fact when Silvia left early to be there for the te deum madde stayed in New York to finish the programme of engagements so that's at least 4 days not accounted for, and each day on this kind of visits would include several engagements ex conferences, visit to an institution,meeting governorment representatives etc

-some girls not brides engagements also not included on her calendar, found out cos of Facebook

Attendance at Swedish community's Lucia concert in London, not included in her official calendar

Court also never publishes her speeches even though she gave at least one in 2016 at the thank you gala

That's just something's she published there might be other events we don't know abt  
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2017, 11:59:31 AM »

Re Sofias pp work idk but re Madeleine's non recorded work some examples inc:
-an official visit to New York with Silvia and WCF - the week that Alexander was born Silvia was mentioned in the court website madde wasn't, I only knew she was there with the queen because I follow her on Facebook, in fact when Silvia left early to be there for the te deum madde stayed in New York to finish the programme of engagements so that's at least 4 days not accounted for, and each day on this kind of visits would include several engagements ex conferences, visit to an institution,meeting governorment representatives etc

-some girls not brides engagements also not included on her calendar, found out cos of Facebook

Attendance at Swedish community's Lucia concert in London, not included in her official calendar

Court also never publishes her speeches even though she gave at least one in 2016 at the thank you gala

That's just something's she published there might be other events we don't know abt  

It is quite frankly disturbing how the SRF court willingly and quite openly throw Madeleine for the bus by making her look lazy. CG and Silvia are sh*t parent!

Star for keeping track of things Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 40   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: