Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 58   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2017 Swedish Royal News  (Read 170130 times)
AddiesGirl

Warned
Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: April 13, 2017, 05:19:31 PM »

What would have happened if Madde suddenly had gotten herself on a flight and was there? She would be criticised for doing it just to please the public and how she's "insincere" since she lives outside Sweden and "doesn't care about the country she was born in". Then there'd be headlines about how the Swedes had to pay for her trip probably and her being there representing and how she only came to play the role of a princess. She really can't win whatever she chooses to do.

Star Exactly Suzerain, ITA. Well said. My first thought was 'why are Skanky and Greaseball even there'. They're the ones who are leaching off the taxpayers, not Madde. I wonder if people just go after Madde because they have a hidden agenda. At least she makes a difference in the world, no one in the international charitable community would miss Hoefia if she suddenly disappeared. In fact, it might be seen as a relief if she did. JMO

I don't agree. To me, it's the other way around. Madeleine is seen as distant and indifferent, totally disconnected from swedish society and people. This may be false but this is the way it appears and this episode will unavoidably reinforces this perception. Be in Sweden as soon as possible would have demonstrate her affection and caring for her people. Victoria was there just few hours after the attack took place, she wasn't forced to do something this, a very touching thing from her part.

They had to be there, even CP and Sofia, all of them should have been there. The one missing was Madeleine.
It's in this kind of situation that royal families can demonstrate they exists for some good reasons, expieriencing and sharing together with all the country the sorrow and pain for the lives of that poor people so brutally taken away.

I don't agree with your point of view, either. Sorry. No one would have noticed if the Greasy family hadn't shown up. Victoria, CG and Silvia are the only ones who needed to be there, they are the heads of state (present and future).

I stand by my statement that Madde actually makes a difference in the world, Sweden included. Physical presence at a ceremony is all fine and good, but if you don't back it up with actual sincere concern for your fellow man, like Madde does, then it doesn't mean a thing. Especially if you're only there to mug for the camera and show off your body in skin tight clothing.
Baron Brockdorf

Medium Member

Malta Malta

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: April 13, 2017, 05:48:20 PM »

In all fairness  although it wouldve been nice if she was there, I think she showed more dignity in her statements, which seemed sincere, and heartfelt, than in the way Sofia, and Daniel behaved, treating the event like a photo op, looking for the camera and smiling from ear to ear, it was very tasteless, disrespectful, and in Dan's case disappointing too, no need for scenes but a subdued tone was expected IMO so better a statement reflecting the mood than showing up for appearances
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 07:31:36 PM by Baron Brockdorf » Logged
Zazoo

Mini Member

Cyprus Cyprus

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: April 13, 2017, 06:48:31 PM »

Excuse me...Where did you see Daniel laughing? i saw Sophia pulling a face but it's still debatable if she really did smile. As for Maddie it would have been nice but at the same time she wasn't necessary it's part of being a spare...when the heir produces the next generation you have to sort of fade in the background something that CP doesn't understand   

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." ? Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Baron Brockdorf

Medium Member

Malta Malta

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: April 13, 2017, 07:02:58 PM »

In the gifs at the bottom of page 17, everyone's looking forward and slightly down and his head is tilted towards the camera with a big grin

Btw I said smile not laugh
Antevorta

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: April 13, 2017, 07:26:33 PM »

Madeleine could have been in Stockholm also without Chris. It's not like she can't breathe without him. Sure, poor Chris would have been bashed, but this is no surprise.
About children, they have a bunch of nannies so for a few hours it would't have been such a problem.
I also don't appreciate other royals when they avoid engagements for doing who knows what and I have the same opinion as you on Victoria's "long vacation", let's call it this way.
But Madeleiene has showed a pattern over the years and if it was somehow justificable in past occasions, this time for me it has been really unforgivable. I really don't understand her when she beahaves like this and it saddens me.
I doesn't matter she is just 6th in line, she is a princess of Sweden, she owes her title to the people of Sweden who are mantaing an outdated institution by paying their taxes. This would have been an opportunity to show the caring she has for her home country and fellow citizens especially for those directly affected by the terrorist attack. She totally failed to realize that.

Same argument, different day...

Again, for the record, Madeleine is a full time mother in London, NOT a full time working royal of the SRF.  The family does employ a bevy of nannies to take care of Leonore and Nicolas.  Madeleine is the primary caretaker of the children while Christopher works.  Therefore, no, Madeleine could not have just jumped on a plane for a few hours to Stockholm.  I believe Madeleine did the best with what she could by releasing personal statements about the situation and memorial in Stockholm.  She didn't ignore what happened that terrible day and she didn't ignore the memorial.

I will also argue yet again that she does not owe her title to the people of Sweden, but to her father, the King who granted it to her when she was born.  She did not ask CG upon her birth for said title and does not continue to hold CG against his will in order to keep her title.  In fact there have been rumors that Madeleine would have gladly renounced her title to live a private life and she was not allowed.  Finally, Madeleine does not receive payments from the taxpayers like CG, Silvia, Vic, Dan, CP and Sofia. She herself as well as Christopher have stated over and over again that it is Christopher who provides for their family.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: April 13, 2017, 10:19:41 PM »

I found it good that Madde stayed put. I find it very bewildering that CP and the snake turn up everywhere like a second royal couple in line to become heirs. It might be just me - I think that is the challenge for all royal families to accept that the first born will go an entirely different way than the other kids that follow. The second is in a bit unfortunate role until heir and spare are born.

IMO it makes no sense whatsoever for the spare to be an active part of the royal family anymore. I don't mean that he or she should dress in a black rubbish bag and disappear altogether, but if they did very light occassional work and found a proper occupation for themselves (which might even involve regular work, not for the earning money kind of aspect, just for the practical aspects that come with it) it would be fine. If Cristina had followed that route, her husband might not go to jail, ML might have never heard angels talking, etc.

IMO if Sweden is represented by four adult royal members of the family (that is CG, Silvia, Dan and Viccan) it is more than enough. If Greaseball and Madde showed their face every now and then it would be fine, too. But this constant turning up and doing events is kind of ridiculous. There is no distinction between their public events and Viccan and Dan's IMO.

The English royal family does that as well, but at least Sophie knows what she is doing while Greaseball and the Snake look like they played dress-up and they do their best - with, with their unfortunately very limited abilitites does not even do a good job representing Sweden. In England Sophie is at least doing an excellent job and can be considered an asset to the BRF and the Queen and the DE are very old and Wills is having very young kids (and has a lazy wife). Still ... even there, Charles + Camilla, QII + DE, and Wills + Waity as "steady staff" and the rest showing their faces at very random events would be plenty.

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #276 on: April 13, 2017, 10:30:28 PM »

ITA Miss Marple Star
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: April 13, 2017, 11:03:16 PM »

I found it good that Madde stayed put. I find it very bewildering that CP and the snake turn up everywhere like a second royal couple in line to become heirs. It might be just me - I think that is the challenge for all royal families to accept that the first born will go an entirely different way than the other kids that follow. The second is in a bit unfortunate role until heir and spare are born.

IMO it makes no sense whatsoever for the spare to be an active part of the royal family anymore. I don't mean that he or she should dress in a black rubbish bag and disappear altogether, but if they did very light occassional work and found a proper occupation for themselves (which might even involve regular work, not for the earning money kind of aspect, just for the practical aspects that come with it) it would be fine. If Cristina had followed that route, her husband might not go to jail, ML might have never heard angels talking, etc.

IMO if Sweden is represented by four adult royal members of the family (that is CG, Silvia, Dan and Viccan) it is more than enough. If Greaseball and Madde showed their face every now and then it would be fine, too. But this constant turning up and doing events is kind of ridiculous. There is no distinction between their public events and Viccan and Dan's IMO.

The English royal family does that as well, but at least Sophie knows what she is doing while Greaseball and the Snake look like they played dress-up and they do their best - with, with their unfortunately very limited abilitites does not even do a good job representing Sweden. In England Sophie is at least doing an excellent job and can be considered an asset to the BRF and the Queen and the DE are very old and Wills is having very young kids (and has a lazy wife). Still ... even there, Charles + Camilla, QII + DE, and Wills + Waity as "steady staff" and the rest showing their faces at very random events would be plenty.

I couldn't agree more.  Star
mgf87

Warned
Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: April 13, 2017, 11:40:38 PM »

Madeleine could have been in Stockholm also without Chris. It's not like she can't breathe without him. Sure, poor Chris would have been bashed, but this is no surprise.
About children, they have a bunch of nannies so for a few hours it would't have been such a problem.
I also don't appreciate other royals when they avoid engagements for doing who knows what and I have the same opinion as you on Victoria's "long vacation", let's call it this way.
But Madeleiene has showed a pattern over the years and if it was somehow justificable in past occasions, this time for me it has been really unforgivable. I really don't understand her when she beahaves like this and it saddens me.
I doesn't matter she is just 6th in line, she is a princess of Sweden, she owes her title to the people of Sweden who are mantaing an outdated institution by paying their taxes. This would have been an opportunity to show the caring she has for her home country and fellow citizens especially for those directly affected by the terrorist attack. She totally failed to realize that.

Again, for the record, Madeleine is a full time mother in London, NOT a full time working royal of the SRF.  The family does employ a bevy of nannies to take care of Leonore and Nicolas.  Madeleine is the primary caretaker of the children while Christopher works.  Therefore, no, Madeleine could not have just jumped on a plane for a few hours to Stockholm.  I believe Madeleine did the best with what she could by releasing personal statements about the situation and memorial in Stockholm.  She didn't ignore what happened that terrible day and she didn't ignore the memorial.

I will also argue yet again that she does not owe her title to the people of Sweden, but to her father, the King who granted it to her when she was born.  She did not ask CG upon her birth for said title and does not continue to hold CG against his will in order to keep her title.  In fact there have been rumors that Madeleine would have gladly renounced her title to live a private life and she was not allowed.  Finally, Madeleine does not receive payments from the taxpayers like CG, Silvia, Vic, Dan, CP and Sofia. She herself as well as Christopher have stated over and over again that it is Christopher who provides for their family.

CP, Sofia and Madeleine are paid only when they perform engaments on behalf of the royal family.
So Madeleine does take payments from swedish taxpayers exactly as CP and Sofia.
The court has never denied that. The real point is that the actual amount of these payments aren't made public because CG doesn't want to as he explicitly stated in a interview few yeras ago. It's one of the main criticisms that arises every now and then toward the SRF.

About Madeleine and her royal status. I feel we will never agree on this.
I see the royal status as a condition with which you get the good and the bad, the perks and the duties, the privileges and the responsibilities and so on. If you don't like this, you are free to renounce it. Martha Louise in Norway has shown more consistency on this matter (angels or not  Angel). Madeleine is an adult person, if she really felt this was an unbearable burden to carry for her, she could have put a stop years ago. Unpleasant CG can't always be an excuse to justify Madeleine's behaviour (and the same goes for CP).
Madeleine has mantained her royal status even as the 6th in line to the throne. It can't be so difficult for her to understand that it's her precise duty as a member of the royal family to be present and take part in such occasions.
About CP and Sofia attending, to me they have done the right think to do (for once). Even if they aren't good at representing it would have been really insensible on their part not to be there and I don't thing it has something to do with being just the spare couple.
Zazoo

Mini Member

Cyprus Cyprus

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: April 14, 2017, 01:06:50 AM »

Star

I couldn't agree more.  Star

Star amen to that ! The perfect example is the  dutch RF WA brothers have earn useful degrees and living their lives normally  working and showing only for the big events kings day and parlament opening!

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." ? Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Zazoo

Mini Member

Cyprus Cyprus

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: April 14, 2017, 01:16:13 AM »

CP, Sofia and Madeleine are paid only when they perform engaments on behalf of the royal family.
The court has never denied that. The real point is that the actual amount of these payments aren't made public because CG doesn't want to as he explicitly stated in a interview few yeras ago. It's one of the main criticisms that arises every now and then toward the SRF.

I see the royal status as a condition with which you get the good and the bad, the perks and the duties, the privileges and the responsibilities and so on. If you don't like this, you are free to renounce it. Martha Louise in Norway has shown more consistency on this matter (angels or not  Angel). Madeleine is an adult person, if she really felt this was an unbearable burden to carry for her, she could have put a stop years ago. Unpleasant CG can't always be an excuse to justify Madeleine's behaviour (and the same goes for CP).
Madeleine has mantained her royal status even as the 6th in line to the throne. It can't be so difficult for her to understand that it's her precise duty as a member of the royal family to be present and take part in such occasions.
About CP and Sofia attending, to me they have done the right think to do (for once). Even if they aren't good at representing it would have been really insensible on their part not to be there and I don't thing it has something to do with being just the spare couple.

I partly agree with you I think that indeed title is not only a status it has its obligations etc but On the other hand I find maddies approach a sensible one she understands that she and her blood line will play very little importance if non after oscars birth and in a way she excludes her self from the line of succession by staying away probably her children will continue their education in London! As for the payments IMO CG does wants us to know how much CP gets(indications said that he def favors him)  so in order to not be public Maddies payment must be secret to!

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #281 on: April 14, 2017, 01:18:21 AM »

Now, this is intriguing: http://www.msn.com/sv-se/...rken-av-kungen/ar-BBzMZi4

Christina Saliba, who has done PR for the court, has been fired because she failed to be discreet. She did PR for CP in connection with the design mess and for Sofia. One of Sofia's sisters works for her.
I hope this story spills. I think she's likely to be one of Sofia's dirty people.
Antevorta

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: April 14, 2017, 02:52:24 AM »

I never said that Madeleine wasn't paid per engagement. However, Madeleine isn't considered full time like CP and Sofia are and she doesn't perform nearly the amount of engagements that they do.

This is beating a dead horse and honestly, I think the majority of posters know that I am a Madeleine supporter and what my opinions are regarding her and her family.

I shouldn't have engaged in this again.
Sondra Finchley

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: April 14, 2017, 07:51:00 AM »

Christina Saliba, who has done PR for the court, has been fired because she failed to be discreet. She did PR for CP in connection with the design mess and for Sofia. One of Sofia's sisters works for her.
I hope this story spills. I think she's likely to be one of Sofia's dirty people.

She failed to be discreet? That's rich coming from a RF that accepted a former Miss Slitz and a King running around with coffee girls.
Lady Adelaide

Gigantic Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: April 14, 2017, 10:56:15 AM »

This is certainly interesting. Saliba was fired by the court more than a year ago, but CP & S still privately hire her to do PR for them, as do Bernadotte & Kylberg. IIRC, Sofia was seen having lunch with her just a few months ago.

Even more interesting is how the article mentions that Saliba likes to play dirty. It makes me wonder if she is the one behind the media campaign against Madeleine & Chris?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 58   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: