Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2017 Yrma's image - manipulated and polished  (Read 39345 times)
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: May 26, 2018, 05:54:40 AM »

The school's name in Paris has never been named AFAIK.
And no student ever came forward claiming " I was taught Business English by the Crown Princess of Denmark".
Her job in Paris was even lighter than the one she got at Navision in Copenhagen afterwards...

It was a Business school in Paris. A private UK BS and not really famous. it was written in the French newspapers at that time.
Some private school, not too hard for rich kids. She was teaching Business English.

"La princesse Mary (née Mary Elizabeth Donaldson, le 5 février 1972), princesse ... comtesse de Monpezat, est l'épouse du prince héritier Frederik de Danemark. A Paris, où elle enseigna l'anglais dans une école de commerce anglaise..."

It's very hard to find a job in France in paris, and she took the first job she could find to stay closer to her prrrrrince and Denmark. Not very ambitious.

They’ve never named the school. That’s what makes it suspicious. Every school has a name except for this one, which is why so many of us suspect that she did not have a job teaching English.
emtishell

Medium Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: May 26, 2018, 08:25:20 AM »

Her law degree was a very basis corporate and property law one, she was never a criminal lawyer, certainly not a high-flyer.

She worked for an advertising agency, which is where the infamous “train commercial” came from (which in fact was a failed bid for the contract with VicRail.... they used staff in the ad to save costs).

From what I understand, when she met Fred, she was a property manager with a real estate firm..... not an agent. Property managers look after rental properties, doing inspections and the like. Not exactly a high-flying real estate career either.

As far as I know, she never actually worked as a lawyer (or law firm) in any capacity.
XoXo

Warned
Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: May 26, 2018, 09:36:34 AM »

I don't understand why only Mary gets bad rep for white washing or over exaggeration of her "achievements". She is hardly the first royal to do this, all the married ins are so hyped in order to celebrate the fan fare that comes with a royal wedding. Hech even the royals and their work or impact if often mostly case or hard to gauge it's value. The Royal PR works magic with every member and they hire the best to convince the plebs that yes in this day and age they are still better then the rest of us and add value to their respective country. Every single royal family.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: May 26, 2018, 03:32:24 PM »

I don't understand why only Mary gets bad rep for white washing or over exaggeration of her "achievements". She is hardly the first royal to do this, all the married ins are so hyped in order to celebrate the fan fare that comes with a royal wedding. Hech even the royals and their work or impact if often mostly case or hard to gauge it's value. The Royal PR works magic with every member and they hire the best to convince the plebs that yes in this day and age they are still better then the rest of us and add value to their respective country. Every single royal family.

If you read through her threads, you’ll find the answer to this.

All royals who do this get criticized for it on this board. See: Stephanie of Luxembourg, Claire of Luxembourg,  Kate, Meghan, and Sofia of Sweden.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: May 26, 2018, 06:44:03 PM »

What I don't understand is that people don't understand to just read through entire threads, before they are posting that they don't understand.

If you weed through the threads you'll see pro/contra coments on each royal and the discussion of certain topics....hence maybe understanding better what one doesn't understand when just reading one page  Wink

Royal Me!

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: May 26, 2018, 06:50:16 PM »

We seem to see "troll outbreaks" around and after recent royal weddings.   Thinking

They come for the small bit that they are interested in ..... then get into other threads and start depositing some _____ bits.   Dead

As I've observed.
XoXo

Warned
Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: May 26, 2018, 07:17:20 PM »

Delete.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 07:39:20 PM by XoXo » Logged
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #127 on: May 26, 2018, 08:54:40 PM »

This board has been active for 11+ years, with Mary being discussed from the beginning. I do not understand - or welcome - people signing up, seemingly to question and demanding explanations for how and why the board works as it does. It’s not like this topic hasn’t been rather thoroughly discussed in those 11 years. Look around before you start complaining!
periwinkle

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: May 26, 2018, 10:20:22 PM »

I will say I have not been here many years and my visits are sporadic but I got into the archives and got lost and learned a lot about who is who and what different royals are like. It has helped me with my posts and with understanding other peoples posts. There are nicknames and references that I first I didn't get but if you read back you'll either find the source or it will eventually make sense. The important thing to remember is that there is a community here that didn't need me but I have learned to have fun with it and occasionally someone will say something nice to me. You cannot take things personally on the internet or think that you are someone special. There is always someone with more knowledge and for heavens sake it is gossip on royals not nuclear physics. Don't expect anything and you will have fun.
MarieQueenie

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: May 27, 2018, 12:41:40 AM »

And no student ever came forward claiming " I was taught Business English by the Crown Princess of Denmark".
Her job in Paris was even lighter than the one she got at Navision in Copenhagen afterwards...

It was a Business school in Paris. A private UK BS and not really famous. it was written in the French newspapers at that time.
Some private school, not too hard for rich kids. She was teaching Business English.

"La princesse Mary (née Mary Elizabeth Donaldson, le 5 février 1972), princesse ... comtesse de Monpezat, est l'épouse du prince héritier Frederik de Danemark. A Paris, où elle enseigna l'anglais dans une école de commerce anglaise..."

It's very hard to find a job in France in paris, and she took the first job she could find to stay closer to her prrrrrince and Denmark. Not very ambitious.

They’ve never named the school. That’s what makes it suspicious. Every school has a name except for this one, which is why so many of us suspect that she did not have a job teaching English.

In France, we know which school it is, but it is an expensive one and has poor academics, so we don't want to advertise about this place for rich kids. They stay quiet too, because Froddo and his father are French, maybe she got the job - unexperienced - taking the place of another applicant, a real Business English teacher.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 12:58:25 AM by MarieQueenie » Logged
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Ask Maria.

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: May 27, 2018, 12:44:14 AM »

I'll ask my French mother the name.  She's lived in Paris for decades.  

Mary's English teaching job is much like Linus' banking job: it doesn't exist.

The TeaSpoon formerly known as Free The Spoon.  Don't ask me why unless you want a long story involving forks and betrayal.
Royal Me!

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: May 27, 2018, 12:53:23 AM »

In France, we know which school it is, but it is an expensive oneand has poor academics, so we don't want to advertise about. They stay quiet too, because Froddo and his father are French, maybe she got the job - unexperienced - taking the place of another applicant, a real Business English teacher.

Star
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: