Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2017 Carl Philip - NEWS & EVENTS  (Read 31357 times)
Lady Willoughby

Big Member

United States United States

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: July 17, 2017, 07:31:18 PM »

I do not know how it is in other countries, but in Sweden it is a well known fact that the higher up in society, the friendlier and nicer people are. So I can't see any wrong in Carl Philip showing the nanny the area, I myself do not have those feelings of dislike of Carl Philip that I need to paint him in black tar for everything he does. And by that I mean that anyone is free to have their opinion, we are just discussing pictures here, and I am talking about my view here. I like that he does this and doesn't seem to think it is beneath him to do this chore. I think it is good that he is an active father and that he takes time to get to know the nanny and make sure she is safe with his children. I think fatherhood is good for Carl Philip, I have faith in what little cutie pie Alexander and his sibling can do to him.

I'd never take my house cleaner out for a private tour of the town, IMO it's inappropriate and unprofessional. I also wouldn't go out with my boss on a private tour of town, it's equally unprofessional to my eyes.

I never ever heard that higher classes were nicer, that's the opposite of what I always heard/thought/experienced. Sweden must be a unique society indeed!

ETA: inappropriate and unprofessional but not nefarious or creepy. I don't get any cheatin vibes if that matters Tongue Just seems like a really weird thing to do but not necessarily creepy.

What country are you from? You dont have to tell if you do not wish so, I am just curious and it is always interesting to hear about different customs.
In Sweden we do not have classes like in many other countries. We have the very rich, and we have the royal family. But if I meet my friend's stepdad who has the name of one of the oldest noble families in this country, I use his first name and I do not talk to him different from how I talk to the cleaning lady at my work, the secretery or even my boss. We do not use titles, we do not say mrs or mr. From early childhood I always called my friends parents by their first name, my teachers also. With my doctor I use his first name. I would not call Carl Philip his royal highness either if I met him on a plane for example, because I am a republican. I would be polite of course.
If I had my own cleaning lady or nanny, it would not be unprofessional or inappropriate to sit down for a coffee or anything else. In that way we Swedes are not afraid lower classes carry some contagious virus. So I think it is important to talk a little about Swedish customs, so the analysis of this photo with Carl Philip and the nanny or any other staff does not get out of proportion.
And yes, the very high society people are recognised by their politeness and kindness.

Sofia and Carl Philip are going to be working and living very close to their nanny. They are not going to just quiet hand over the care of the children to her and then leave and come later and pick the children up, without talking to the nanny and keeping a formal distance between themselves and her. They will bring the nanny along on their holidays, trips and family meetings and the nanny will in some form be part of the family during her stay with them. That is why it is important they know each other, and that they like being together. This is the Swedish way.

Anyone remember the little cottage Victoria and Daniel built in his parents holiday home deep in the woods? Well, next to their house there is a little house for the security. Not more than 4 meters from Victoria and Daniels house. Not much room for privacy and fancy royal etiquette a la Jane Austen there. I can even imagine Daniels mum cooking for them all.

Sorry for the long post, but I do not think Carl Philip deserves critique for being a good Swede and a good dad here.

Interesting post! I had to think a bit about it. I'm in the USA. The reason I had to think is your assumption of the class levels being the issue. I was really surprised to read that you'd equate not having coffee with someone I hired as being afraid of their social class. I can see where you'd think that coming from a different area and background! Actually, interestingly,  I'd consider my house cleaner, myself, and my boss to be the same social class. We all live in the same area and are part of the same community. Once I'm not hiring or working for someone, I often develop more private friendships. My reason for distance isn't for class reasons, I just keep my professional and private life separate. As I'm paying someone to clean by the hour, I'm not interested in socializing on my dollar, and she's too busy to do it off the clock! I'm not sure if that's just me, my area, or a common American attitude.

I personally call my vet, doctor, dentist, and my children's teachers by their first names, but since we're neighbors and our kids attend the same school, this feels very natural to me. I am developing a friendship with my vet, and I've discussed switching to another vet in her practice so we're not mixing private and professional type visits. It's my preference, but I've honestly never asked anyone what they do in the same situation. It's been a thought provoking conversation though, and I'm going to ask my friends about what they do in similar circumstances.

It's not a class issue. It's frequently against company policy for bosses and "underlings" to have personal relationships. In the states anyway. Those guidelines are in place because of the natural imbalance in the relationship where both parties are open to abuse or being taken advantage of. I wouldn't go somewhere with my nanny, house cleaner, etc because I am their boss. I have hired them & I'd prefer not to have muddy entanglements. It has nothing to do with looking down on them, more a matter of keeping a line of respect that should go in both directions.

Lady Excelsie

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: July 17, 2017, 07:48:46 PM »

I quite agree Star
One should never cross the line of employee and employer. However, as a nanny taking care of a loved one  or children, I think it's important that the nanny is looked upon as a valuable person in the family even as a sort of relations to the family since she is with the child and th family 24/7. I had a governess growing up and she was an important person in my life to this day. Isabel took care of all my needs since my parents were busy. She was like a 2nd mother to me. I have very fond memories of her. Smiley
Passing Stars

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: July 17, 2017, 07:51:58 PM »

Just for comparison....  I don't use any friends for any professional services for just this reason.  I won't go to them for medical, legal or any other advice or services.  This way I feel free to leave a practice if I don't like what is being offered without having to discuss it.

However, in the case of my nanny (or rather my son's nanny), that was completely different for me and I immediately started treating her like family.  She came everywhere with us and I got gifts for her family as well as my own often, specifically so she would treat my son like family.  We no longer need her services but still speak to her periodically for holidays or birthdays, etc.  I needed to feel like I was leaving my son with family rather than an employee.
Suzerain

Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Princess Gollumina wants her precioussss

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: July 17, 2017, 08:43:44 PM »

I do not know how it is in other countries, but in Sweden it is a well known fact that the higher up in society, the friendlier and nicer people are. So I can't see any wrong in Carl Philip showing the nanny the area, I myself do not have those feelings of dislike of Carl Philip that I need to paint him in black tar for everything he does. And by that I mean that anyone is free to have their opinion, we are just discussing pictures here, and I am talking about my view here. I like that he does this and doesn't seem to think it is beneath him to do this chore. I think it is good that he is an active father and that he takes time to get to know the nanny and make sure she is safe with his children. I think fatherhood is good for Carl Philip, I have faith in what little cutie pie Alexander and his sibling can do to him.

I'd never take my house cleaner out for a private tour of the town, IMO it's inappropriate and unprofessional. I also wouldn't go out with my boss on a private tour of town, it's equally unprofessional to my eyes.

I never ever heard that higher classes were nicer, that's the opposite of what I always heard/thought/experienced. Sweden must be a unique society indeed!

ETA: inappropriate and unprofessional but not nefarious or creepy. I don't get any cheatin vibes if that matters Tongue Just seems like a really weird thing to do but not necessarily creepy.

What country are you from? You dont have to tell if you do not wish so, I am just curious and it is always interesting to hear about different customs.
In Sweden we do not have classes like in many other countries. We have the very rich, and we have the royal family. But if I meet my friend's stepdad who has the name of one of the oldest noble families in this country, I use his first name and I do not talk to him different from how I talk to the cleaning lady at my work, the secretery or even my boss. We do not use titles, we do not say mrs or mr. From early childhood I always called my friends parents by their first name, my teachers also. With my doctor I use his first name. I would not call Carl Philip his royal highness either if I met him on a plane for example, because I am a republican. I would be polite of course.
If I had my own cleaning lady or nanny, it would not be unprofessional or inappropriate to sit down for a coffee or anything else. In that way we Swedes are not afraid lower classes carry some contagious virus. So I think it is important to talk a little about Swedish customs, so the analysis of this photo with Carl Philip and the nanny or any other staff does not get out of proportion.
And yes, the very high society people are recognised by their politeness and kindness.

Sofia and Carl Philip are going to be working and living very close to their nanny. They are not going to just quiet hand over the care of the children to her and then leave and come later and pick the children up, without talking to the nanny and keeping a formal distance between themselves and her. They will bring the nanny along on their holidays, trips and family meetings and the nanny will in some form be part of the family during her stay with them. That is why it is important they know each other, and that they like being together. This is the Swedish way.

Anyone remember the little cottage Victoria and Daniel built in his parents holiday home deep in the woods? Well, next to their house there is a little house for the security. Not more than 4 meters from Victoria and Daniels house. Not much room for privacy and fancy royal etiquette a la Jane Austen there. I can even imagine Daniels mum cooking for them all.

Sorry for the long post, but I do not think Carl Philip deserves critique for being a good Swede and a good dad here.

Interesting post! I had to think a bit about it. I'm in the USA. The reason I had to think is your assumption of the class levels being the issue. I was really surprised to read that you'd equate not having coffee with someone I hired as being afraid of their social class. I can see where you'd think that coming from a different area and background! Actually, interestingly,  I'd consider my house cleaner, myself, and my boss to be the same social class. We all live in the same area and are part of the same community. Once I'm not hiring or working for someone, I often develop more private friendships. My reason for distance isn't for class reasons, I just keep my professional and private life separate. As I'm paying someone to clean by the hour, I'm not interested in socializing on my dollar, and she's too busy to do it off the clock! I'm not sure if that's just me, my area, or a common American attitude.

I personally call my vet, doctor, dentist, and my children's teachers by their first names, but since we're neighbors and our kids attend the same school, this feels very natural to me. I am developing a friendship with my vet, and I've discussed switching to another vet in her practice so we're not mixing private and professional type visits. It's my preference, but I've honestly never asked anyone what they do in the same situation. It's been a thought provoking conversation though, and I'm going to ask my friends about what they do in similar circumstances.

It's not a class issue. It's frequently against company policy for bosses and "underlings" to have personal relationships. In the states anyway. Those guidelines are in place because of the natural imbalance in the relationship where both parties are open to abuse or being taken advantage of. I wouldn't go somewhere with my nanny, house cleaner, etc because I am their boss. I have hired them & I'd prefer not to have muddy entanglements. It has nothing to do with looking down on them, more a matter of keeping a line of respect that should go in both directions.

I think this must be a cultural thing. In the Nordic countries everything Cecilia described is completely normal. I actually find it slightly strange and even insulting that you would not be able to be friends with your boss for some hierarchy reason. Of course you need to know your place and not step on someone's toes but that doesn't mean you cannot show someone around town if that person is employed by you.

My boss took me to the doctor's office during work hours and waited outside in the car while I went to the pharmacy. Then he drove me back to work. Would that be considered weird in the U.S.? He was obligated to provide healthcare for me and wasn't too busy at the moment. I on the other hand needed to visit the doctor as I had a bad sinus infection that struck me during the work day. Also, I was in a strange city where I normally don't work but the headquarters was there.

The Rally Prince driving (yes, it's really him)...
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: July 17, 2017, 08:44:23 PM »

I have no problem with him being nice; I just have a problem with the fact that he chose to cheat on Emma, allow Hoefia to trash his sister in the media on a regular basis, and the fact that he's a moron who hasn't accomplished one single thing on his own without copying someone else's work and having things handed to him because of his title.  

He might be a perfectly nice person, but he clearly has no sense of ethics or loyalty to his sister.

He's trash.  Just like his wife.  I hope that he's nice in a pure and not sleazy way to this nanny, but based on his previous life choices, I have no respect for him nor do I think he'll ever do anything just because he's trying to be nice.  Nice guys don't cheat, allow their skanky girlfriends/wives to treat their sisters badly, copy other people's hard work and take credit for it, etc, etc.  His actions with regard to Hoefia show that he's actually not a nice person at all.  He's an idiot who uses his penis instead of his brain.
Suzerain

Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Princess Gollumina wants her precioussss

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: July 17, 2017, 08:48:28 PM »

I have no problem with him being nice; I just have a problem with the fact that he chose to cheat on Emma, allow Hoefia to trash his sister in the media on a regular basis, and the fact that he's a moron who hasn't accomplished one single thing on his own without copying someone else's work and having things handed to him because of his title.  

He might be a perfectly nice person, but he clearly has no sense of ethics or loyalty to his sister.

He's trash.  Just like his wife.  I hope that he's nice in a pure and not sleazy way to this nanny, but based on his previous life choices, I have no respect for him nor do I think he'll ever do anything just because he's trying to be nice.  Nice guys don't cheat, allow their skanky girlfriends/wives to treat their sisters badly, copy other people's hard work and take credit for it, etc, etc.  His actions with regard to Hoefia show that he's actually not a nice person at all.  He's an idiot who uses his penis instead of his brain.

Good points. You cannot be hundred percent sure when you think about all he's done.

I hope he's nice in this case but we'll see.

The Rally Prince driving (yes, it's really him)...
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: July 17, 2017, 09:20:07 PM »

Good points. You cannot be hundred percent sure when you think about all he's done.

I hope he's nice in this case but we'll see.

I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.  Star  Despite being nice and taking the nanny on a tour of the town, he's just not a trustworthy person.  I'm sure it's all innocent, but his actions in the past speak volumes about what kind of a person he truly is.
ralf103

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: July 17, 2017, 09:52:37 PM »

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he is being nice and gentlemanly. For now...
Antevorta

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: July 17, 2017, 10:25:34 PM »

Ladies, ladies, ladies.

It must be innocent because if not, then there are really women in the world who would want that mess after Sofia has been there.  I cannot believe in that horror so for my own personal sake, it has to be innocent.

Wink
AutumnOpal

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: July 17, 2017, 10:29:17 PM »

Can you imagine what Sofia would do to him if he cheated? The tab covers would be crazy.
Sondra Finchley

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: July 17, 2017, 10:43:19 PM »

CP today was seen cycling in Borgholm with Siri and Alexander's nanny. In the photos you can see CP pointing in some directions showing the nanny the different places in the town since she has never been there.
http://www.expressen.se/n...arstaden-for-barnflickan/

It looks like CP is wearing the Swedish-designed "airbag" helmet:
http://gizmodo.com/is-an-...han-a-bike-hel-1557666518

Ive seen the video for those in the shops in Sweden (Designtorget) and its pretty cool how fast it inflates but man, I dont know, I think I would still be nervous using it. Something about having your head being encased is NOT appealing.
Passing Stars

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: July 17, 2017, 11:00:46 PM »

Star Pixie

He might be charming to speak with but his sense of entitlement makes him ineligible for the description of nice IMO.   That doesn't mean he is incapable of performing nice gestures, but he behaves as though, in his view, he is so far above others in importance that he is willing to hurt and steal to satisfy himself.  That is quite telling about his "niceness"  Huh?
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #117 on: July 17, 2017, 11:43:06 PM »

Ladies, ladies, ladies.

It must be innocent because if not, then there are really women in the world who would want that mess after Sofia has been there.  I cannot believe in that horror so for my own personal sake, it has to be innocent.

Wink

Considering how slimey most of us here find him, this discussion is quite odd. It's not like most of us think CP a catch - she could likely think the same. She's a younger woman, likely with ambitions - I doubt she'd go for him both because he's her boss, married with child #2 on the way and it would go no where.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: July 18, 2017, 12:52:40 AM »

I could care less about it/what's going on with CP and the nanny in this situation.

What bothers me that he is on the bike, and Siri is running next to him. This is not a dog, that should be biked on a leash. You can do it with large breed sizes that need lot of consisten movement/running carefully....cannot run them in heat or superspeed either.

Siri is none of those breed, so for this idiot riding a bike (even if slowly) and having her run next to it makes my blood boil

lothwen

Warned
Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: July 18, 2017, 03:01:11 PM »

From what I've read, border terriers need a lot of exercise.  Since they've had Siri for about 4 years I'm sure he knows what she likes and what she can handle. 

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: