Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Albert & Charlene - 2017 NEWS & EVENTS  (Read 32413 times)
Kem

Micro Member

Egypt Egypt

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2017, 02:34:43 AM »

Charlene was wearing Akris and a new Van Cleef and Arpels watch
http://www.theroyalcoutur...-wears-akris-to-uefa.html
Victoria38

Warned
Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2017, 08:53:15 PM »

Guest list for Norwegian Birthday celebrations announced and just like in Sweden last year Albert will go alone. Utterly ridiculous that he has a wife but still goes to these events alone, it's baffling.
Lizardcandy

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2017, 05:46:34 PM »

Guest list for Norwegian Birthday celebrations announced and just like in Sweden last year Albert will go alone. Utterly ridiculous that he has a wife but still goes to these events alone, it's baffling.
whats with her? Why isn't she going to events? I tried googling to try to figure out whats going on, but I couldn't figure it out. Is she ill?
Molly2101

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2017, 05:52:39 PM »

whats with her? Why isn't she going to events? I tried googling to try to figure out whats going on, but I couldn't figure it out. Is she ill?

The don't understand why she doesn't go either as didn't she attend a royal wedding on her own?  I get that she has kids now but so do a lot of the other Royals attending and they all find time to go.

"All my heart is yours, sir: it belongs to you; and with you it would remain, were fate to exile the rest of me from your presence forever." Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte.
Victoria38

Warned
Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2017, 10:33:14 PM »

Let's face it, people are still people no matter who they are and everyone talks. In royal circles they must be muttering to each other about why the Prince of Monaco carries out official visits abroad and goes to royal events without his wife. Charlene is supposed to be Monaco's chief female representative is she not? She received Monaco's highest honour, the Order of St. Charles, for services to the Principality did she not? Strange then that she never represents the Principality at all when it really matters. Someone should explain to her that commendable as her foundation is it's not her main role in life and that wearing the red and white sash every November 19th is not nearly enough as Princess Consort. A true Princess Consort should be flying the flag for Monaco by accompanying the Sovereign Prince on official visits to other countries and being by his side at major royal events both at home and abroad but this has not been the case for years now. Perhaps the problem lies in her ongoing identification in being S. African which she reaffirmed only a couple of weeks ago despite the fact that she became the Princess of Monaco upon her marriage to Albert. Nothing wrong in being proud of her roots but it's becoming glaringly obvious that Charlene has no interest in her adopted country nor in representing it when it really matters. I have really rooted for her and it pains me to say it but she is a complete let down for Monaco and I doubt the situation will get any better.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 10:40:21 PM by Victoria38 » Logged
Suzerain

Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Dark sense of humour is a punishable offence

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2017, 10:41:11 PM »

I'm starting to wonder if she has mental problems or something since this is becoming a pattern. If she does suffer from social anxiety or something similar of feels awkward at these events because she is married-in royal, then what better way to start healing than exposing herself to events and other people even if it feels bad. A lot of celebrities and entertainers actually suffer from shyness and social anxiety, yet they get on stage regardless. As for the fact that she might feel like she has nothing in common with the others or feels inferior somehow, I bet there would be people she could talk with and find they share something they are interested in or know about. Plus, there are a lot of married-ins in the royal circles already and she certainly can't feel stupid in the presence of certain other princesses. Al said in an interview that he has perhaps not been understanding enough with her but I think perhaps he should be more strict with her when it comes to participating in things.

Hasn't made Douglas Adams-esque jokes about the Large Hadron Collider since warned in September 2015    
Victoria38

Warned
Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2017, 11:43:56 PM »

She can't seriously be intimidated by other royals bearing in mind that she attended both Victoria and William's weddings before marrying Al. She also attended Maddie's wedding ( on her own) and Queen Elizabeth's jubilee not to mention that her own wedding was a major royal event. She's also done big official visits to Germany, Poland, Russia etc. What then is the problem now all of a sudden? Whatever it is Albert should be concerned as it's giving a dreadful impression of Monaco and the Princely marriage.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 11:56:10 PM by Victoria38 » Logged
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

BooHoo Sugars

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2017, 12:33:26 AM »

She couldn't have done any more damage to Monaco than the Casiraghis and their unique brand of trashy.

I hope she wouldn't feel inferior to others.  She was an Olympian.  She was among the best of the best in her chosen field.  The others?  Not sure any - besides maybe Leti and Max - got even close to that level in their chosen careers.

Ain't nobody got time for Mary's sh*t.
Victoria38

Warned
Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2017, 12:47:45 AM »

She couldn't have done any more damage to Monaco than the Casiraghis and their unique brand of trashy.

I hope she wouldn't feel inferior to others.  She was an Olympian.  She was among the best of the best in her chosen field.  The others?  Not sure any - besides maybe Leti and Max - got even close to that level in their chosen careers.

Her non appearance at royal events  is certainly doing damage to brand Monaco but on a more human level don't husbands and wives attend certain events together anyway? I just watched Albert standing on the Oslo Royal Palace balcony surrounded by his peers and their tiara wearing princesses and it was as if time had stood still, as if Albert was still the unmarried Prince of Monaco and his own 50 million euro wedding had never happened. The sad thing is, Charlene would have looked superb in her tiara, order of St. Charles and evening gown. Unfortunately there's something odd here folks and only time will tell what it is.
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

BooHoo Sugars

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2017, 12:51:55 AM »

Well, we can agree to disagree.  I personally don't think Monaco ever had a great brand to begin with.  A workshy princess (she's not the first and she won't be the last) isn't usually a liability (see Waity, MM, Linus).

Ain't nobody got time for Mary's sh*t.
Ellie

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2017, 01:41:33 AM »

I quite like Charlene but I find it odd she chooses to not go to these things when her husband does. It looks strange.
RoyalMusings

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2017, 03:03:48 AM »

Well, we can agree to disagree.  I personally don't think Monaco ever had a great brand to begin with.  A workshy princess (she's not the first and she won't be the last) isn't usually a liability (see Waity, MM, Linus).

I agree.
rosella

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2017, 03:30:49 AM »

I wonder if (heaven forbid) there has been some sort of arrangement in place between Al and Charlene since their wedding in which she, once she's provided the heir, hasn't had to do anything she doesn't want to do and that includes Royal get-togethers overseas. When she has been to them Charlene has often been caught looking either terrified and/or miserable, in spite of the fact that she usually looks spectacular at these events.
loubna

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2017, 10:09:00 AM »

as i said it in the 80th birthday thread, she said some months ago in an interview, that she freeds up her 2017 agenda for her children.
last year she attended a rugby match with harry and met also anne's husband, ok she didn't meet any BRF ladies (and if she has an inferiority complex it's by comparison with other women not men), but she seems to have enough confidence to go abroad alone and meet officials without albert, then perhaps the explanation is what she said in this interview, 2017 will be mostly for her children
wait and see what she will do next year, if it continues in the same way another year, then the children explanation would only be a pretext
Personally, I can understand that she needs more than other consorts, time for her and her children, her debut was very difficult, with the rumor before the wedding and the difficulties to get pregnant, it wasn't easy for her
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 10:20:25 AM by loubna » Logged
Butterbean

Mini Member

Australia Australia

Keira who?

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2017, 10:13:11 AM »

She is seen around enough on her own at events which interest her - either sporting, with kids or in South Africa at the races. IMO if she is confident enough to do this, she can appear at this event. Pity because she would rock a great dress and tiara. Seems IMO that now she has produced kids, they are going separate ways.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: