Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Albert & Charlene - 2017 NEWS & EVENTS  (Read 26253 times)
loubna

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2017, 10:19:24 AM »

She is seen around enough on her own at events which interest her - either sporting, with kids or in South Africa at the races. IMO if she is confident enough to do this, she can appear at this event. Pity because she would rock a great dress and tiara. Seems IMO that now she has produced kids, they are going separate ways.
this year, she even didn't attend a gala for her own foundation, and i think her foundation is very important for her, for the moment, i don't see anything that says, there is someting bad in their couple
Countess of Cows

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2017, 05:56:19 PM »

I saw on another thread one of Albert's best friends died in a car accident.  Are there any details on that, I haven't seen details.  Thank you.

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
SpittingImage

Micro Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2017, 11:36:03 PM »

I saw on another thread one of Albert's best friends died in a car accident.  Are there any details on that, I haven't seen details.  Thank you.

http://www.europe1.fr/int...ent-de-las-monaco-3326381
ChocCharley
Banned
Banned
Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2017, 01:23:48 AM »

She is seen around enough on her own at events which interest her - either sporting, with kids or in South Africa at the races. IMO if she is confident enough to do this, she can appear at this event. Pity because she would rock a great dress and tiara. Seems IMO that now she has produced kids, they are going separate ways.

She does not seem to want to be part of the "looker me" school. I admire her for that. She recognizes that she is a consort and therefore, it is not all about her, (unlike so many other consorts).. she  seems more devoted to her children than to being seen. JMO
Cocorose

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2017, 09:55:59 AM »

I think all of you have forgotten or weren't around during an interview by Albert years ago before Charlene or they weren't married yet.  I don't recall his exact words.  He said that his wife would not have the same duties/responsibilities as other Royal wives but it would be nice to have someone to share them with. Don't forget he is more than a figure head as other Royals he is a head of state. I read somewhere Charlene is being instructed and attending meetings in Monaco since she will become regent until Jacques becomes of legal age when Albert passes away.  He is 59 years old.  It could be likely they want one parent with the children while the other is away.  When Jacques turns 18 Albert will be 74 and its possible he might not be able to run things at that age or even before.  I believe it was after Carolines birth Grace was to become regent upon Rainiers death.  If they are like other Royals Albert will travel with Gabriella and Charlene with Jacques on separate planes.  I can see why they wouldn't want to take the children on an over night trip to an event that could be to much especially for Gabriella who seem to be very shy.  If Albert is okay with Charlene not accompanying him on these events/visits that is all that matters.   

For those who keep commenting Charlene doesn't know French she does understand and speak it but like Grace even after all the years she was in Monaco she couldn't speak it fluently.  I know it as a fact having seen it in videos, I recall one where she gave a speech in French.  For the record Grace spoke mainly English during interviews.  Grace didn't speak French for about 2 years because she didn't want to offend anyone and everyone thought she was a snob.

Charlene has come along way since the days when she couldn't walk in heels and her clothing choices would have put her on the worst dressed list.  She is now on the list of most stylish royals.
Harley
Board Helper
Ginormous Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2017, 10:03:33 AM »

Well said, Cocorose   Star

Countess of Cows

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2017, 04:29:25 PM »

A fatal way out. Gérard Brianti took part in the Rallye du Maroc Historique, which takes place from 7 to 14 May. He was killed in Khénifra region in the center of the country after losing control of his vehicle, which fell in the Oum Errabia river, said organizer Yves Loubet. His body was drafted by the local authorities before being transferred to the morgue of the provincial hospital of Khénifra, reported the news agency MAP. He was the victim of a road trip, said the Automobile Club of Monaco. His co-pilot, Freddy Delorme, left the accident unharmed. Personality of the Principality, Brianti had won the 2013 edition of the Monte-Carlo Historical Rally.

Star  Thank you Spitting Image.  At least he passed doing something he loved.  I lost my best friend 2 years ago and another good friend in January (in 3 short months cancer too her), it takes a piece of your heart that's never replaced. 

She has come a long way (LONG WAY), she's a wonderful mother, I have to wonder if Al doesn't like it this way or maybe it's in their contract.  If she'd just quit messing with her face (which I consider a sign of insecurity JMO). 

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
lynda

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2017, 05:10:51 PM »

it is also (very) possible that one (or more) Royals insulted or made Charlene feel very bad....so she now doesn't wish to put herself in  that position again..............
Olya

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2017, 09:18:26 PM »

I think all of you have forgotten or weren't around during an interview by Albert years ago before Charlene or they weren't married yet.  I don't recall his exact words.  He said that his wife would not have the same duties/responsibilities as other Royal wives but it would be nice to have someone to share them with. Don't forget he is more than a figure head as other Royals he is a head of state. I read somewhere Charlene is being instructed and attending meetings in Monaco since she will become regent until Jacques becomes of legal age when Albert passes away.  He is 59 years old.  It could be likely they want one parent with the children while the other is away.  When Jacques turns 18 Albert will be 74 and its possible he might not be able to run things at that age or even before.  I believe it was after Carolines birth Grace was to become regent upon Rainiers death.  If they are like other Royals Albert will travel with Gabriella and Charlene with Jacques on separate planes.  I can see why they wouldn't want to take the children on an over night trip to an event that could be to much especially for Gabriella who seem to be very shy.  If Albert is okay with Charlene not accompanying him on these events/visits that is all that matters.   

For those who keep commenting Charlene doesn't know French she does understand and speak it but like Grace even after all the years she was in Monaco she couldn't speak it fluently.  I know it as a fact having seen it in videos, I recall one where she gave a speech in French.  For the record Grace spoke mainly English during interviews.  Grace didn't speak French for about 2 years because she didn't want to offend anyone and everyone thought she was a snob.

Charlene has come along way since the days when she couldn't walk in heels and her clothing choices would have put her on the worst dressed list.  She is now on the list of most stylish royals.

This is quite informative! I haven't been following them at all until recently, and even now it's only superficial. I find this interesting (what Albert has said about the role of his wife) and it's also easy to forget that different countries run very differently.
I never even knew until very recently that Albert isn't a figure head, but the actual power house!
I can understand not really speaking a foreign language for fear of ridicule or offence, esp in such a high position when you're watched constantly. On the other hand they can devote loads of time to learning the language and really immerse themselves.
Lady Hermione

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2017, 11:18:00 PM »

I do mostly try to avoid comparing Charlene and her mother-in-law because I feel a bit sorry for Charlene always being held up to the standard of a woman who died do long ago. But there is a huge difference between Grace and Charlène when it comes to French, IMO.

Grace mostly gave interviews and speeches in English because she felt she could express herself with more ease and explain her points more thoroughly. That's natural - it was her mother tongue. However, she was able to give speeches and interviews in French and hold a sustained conversation with French speakers relatively earlier in her marriage. There is film of her being interviewed in the Palace gardens, Rainier is entertaining a toddler Albert and Grace deals with Caroline who can be no more than 3. So less than 4 years of living in Monaco and she can answer questions with an OK comprehensible accent, a fairly rich vocab, good grammatical structure and answer with nuance and humour. It wasn't a deep philosophical discussion but it demonstrates way more ability than has ever been shown by Charlene. I  have also seen other clips and interviews where Grace speaks French - she may have preferred English but her French was just fine.

Charlene may not be a natural linguist but she been living in a Francophone country for a decade now as well as being able to access the best teachers - she still can't give an interview in French.

I vaguely remember the interview with Albert about the role his wife would play - I still think something is a bit "off" - not in their private relationship but in her "relationship" with Monaco - she was so much more present in the past. Twins and foundation can only occupy so much of her time...

She is very stylish - I've loved seeing her develop her personal style over the years - but the fillers are way too much for me. I could understand the teeth straightening and the nose job although I thought she looked fine before, the Botox is nothing in a place like Monaco but I think she is really spoiling her face recently - her lovely high cheekbones can't be seen and her lips are just OTT.
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2017, 05:20:41 AM »

Star

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
loubna

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2017, 12:11:23 PM »

my two cents about charlene and ther first lady she is curently:

- first of all i have good feelings about her, i think she is a lady who has true values in the sens that she knows what is important in life, and she is sincere in her actions with her foundation and with the red cross.
- secondly, for the moment i think she doesn't consider monaco as her second country, for example she gave an interview to monaco TV during her last trip to SA, where she thanked monaco to give her the opportunity to do what she is doing in SA with her foundation, personally i found that awkward, a foreigner could say that but not the first lady of the country
- in third about the language, for me it is a negative point, french isn't an easy language, but after five years, one should be able to speak in an intelligible way, JMO, but i think she is doing zero effort in this area, she is still speaking in english to monaco TV, for me it's a big no no
- about attending official events abroad with albert like the last event in norway, personally, i give her a pass, because of her children, and the pressure she had before getting pregnant, but i think she should be more present in monaco, and open her field of activities beyond her foundation, i don't think albert or any of the other princesses would make a problem about this

imo, charlene is a nice lady, and she has the potential to do much more, she is genuine and has charisma, but does she want to be an active first lady, or does she want to continue in another way what she did as charlene wittstock (teach children to swimm), for the moment i think she is more into the second option,  but wait and see
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 12:27:39 PM by loubna » Logged
melk12

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: May 16, 2017, 05:01:13 AM »

it is also (very) possible that one (or more) Royals insulted or made Charlene feel very bad....so she now doesn't wish to put herself in  that position again..............

Not sure if they insulted her,  but I would not be surprised if gossip happens a lot in those cliques, regardless of who the target is. But I believe that since most princes are married to common women, some consorts may be very supportive of others.  Charlene gives the impression that she doesn't feel comfortable in those circles at all. It's just her job and she's polite, and that's it. And if that's the case, honestly, it's completely understandable.

loubna

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: May 22, 2017, 10:53:10 AM »

yesterday, with jacques they received monaco football team at the palace and celerated their title of france champions league
charlene's hairdo is better now

stephanie and camile were also there

Countess of Cows

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2017, 02:35:14 PM »

Star   Thank you so much for the photos! 

The last one is lovely.  I like this hair too  Thumb up

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: