Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2017 Henrik - NEWS & EVENTS  (Read 41268 times)
temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: August 12, 2017, 05:01:44 PM »

I think you've hit the nail on the head shastadaisy! The Wikipedia entry has a good history of it, if accurate. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Monpezat They were middle-class landowners who were never noble, applied for legitimacy as nobles, were never validated, but used the "comte" title even though they were not entitled. Marge is the one who legitimized it in Denmark, so technically it's not a French title.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: August 12, 2017, 05:06:36 PM »

Henrik came from an upper middle class family, I think there was some wealth but it came from industry, not from inherited wealth. When you look at his background, he only worked for five years and served in the infantry in Algiers for two. Before that he was focused on his education until his late 20s. I am sorry that's not much 'real life' experience.

I think he has few memories of life before being a prince (small p- prince) of Denmark. He may actually believe that he's King of Denmark, and bitter as anything that his wife, the real head of state, needs to sanction it!
jessmie

Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: August 12, 2017, 05:07:53 PM »

Story also made it to the New Yorker! You're super famous Henrik! Everybody loves you and is on your side!! #sarcasm

http://www.newyorker.com/...-that-good-to-be-the-king
Alice

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: August 12, 2017, 05:28:00 PM »

I think you've hit the nail on the head shastadaisy! The Wikipedia entry has a good history of it, if accurate. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Monpezat They were middle-class landowners who were never noble, applied for legitimacy as nobles, were never validated, but used the "comte" title even though they were not entitled. Marge is the one who legitimized it in Denmark, so technically it's not a French title.

So the surname Henrik is so eager to pass on actually comes from a woman: Catherine d'Arricau, dame de Monpezat. It's interesting that such a sexist person has to wrap up his goals in feminism. Kind of like Prince Philip wanting to pass on the the Anglicized version of his mother's surname.
periwinkle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: August 12, 2017, 06:01:18 PM »

What is it with these man babies who have all the wealth in the world and families and beautiful grandchildren and they cannot see past the end of their own nose? I am still not convinced that dementia is not involved but this is a problem and if Marge is hanging with him after he threw her under the bus something deep and dark is happening and I feel badly for Fred and Joachim it explains a lot. I will defend Fred's dysfunction to a degree because these things hit the oldest child harder plus I think Fred is a more sensitive person emotionally than his brother. So he isn't able to handle it as well as his brother. Vanity Fair and the New Yorker had stories on this guy in my Facebook feed so it's out internationally and the timing could not be worse on the heels of Philip's retirement at 96. Like Vanity Fair said about Philip we can debate the merits of a monarchy in the 21st century but don't be mistaken this man gave his everything. Yes there were ill advised foot in mouth moments but he served his country and caused no crisis. Also I go to royal jewelry sites and Marge's engagement ring is basically two honking diamonds that Hendrik got from his family to give to her so there was definitely wealth in his family.
Lizardcandy

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: August 12, 2017, 06:28:08 PM »

What is it with these man babies who have all the wealth in the world and families and beautiful grandchildren and they cannot see past the end of their own nose? I am still not convinced that dementia is not involved but this is a problem and if Marge is hanging with him after he threw her under the bus something deep and dark is happening and I feel badly for Fred and Joachim it explains a lot. I will defend Fred's dysfunction to a degree because these things hit the oldest child harder plus I think Fred is a more sensitive person emotionally than his brother. So he isn't able to handle it as well as his brother. Vanity Fair and the New Yorker had stories on this guy in my Facebook feed so it's out internationally and the timing could not be worse on the heels of Philip's retirement at 96. Like Vanity Fair said about Philip we can debate the merits of a monarchy in the 21st century but don't be mistaken this man gave his everything. Yes there were ill advised foot in mouth moments but he served his country and caused no crisis. Also I go to royal jewelry sites and Marge's engagement ring is basically two honking diamonds that Hendrik got from his family to give to her so there was definitely wealth in his family.

Her being seen with him after all this made me lose tons of respect for her. If she doesn't have any self respect, she doesn't have mine either.
periwinkle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: August 12, 2017, 06:41:48 PM »

I agree with you it's really awful. If this is what is happening now can you imagine all the times this has happened over the course of the marriage? Dysfunction junction. No wonder they have a public relations department that keeps putting vaseline on the family image. How else could someone as unpalatable as these two and stupid Mary look so good to the Danes?
Lizardcandy

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: August 12, 2017, 06:59:29 PM »

I agree with you it's really awful. If this is what is happening now can you imagine all the times this has happened over the course of the marriage? Dysfunction junction. No wonder they have a public relations department that keeps putting vaseline on the family image. How else could someone as unpalatable as these two and stupid Mary look so good to the Danes?

Star It is certainly putting an emotionally abusive tint on what was otherwise a normally distant and dysfunctional royal relationship. What a mean hearted bully this man is. I'm sorry for the Danes having to be dragged through this mess, they deserve far better.
Sunshine

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: August 12, 2017, 07:54:30 PM »

While non of us no what is going on behind closed door. I must give credit for how Marge and the family seems to not allow the situation hindered them from doing their work.

I am starting to think that he have a mental problem such as dementia. It seems like his behavior gets worst as he get older.

My mine peep peeves I have with this matter they need to take away all media access from him so he doesn't go on embarrassing the family.
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: August 12, 2017, 08:33:46 PM »

He looks horribly frail in those pics. Marge who is also frail has to support him. I think he is ill (being an alcoholic is also an illness) and that is the reason why Marge is not divorcing him. Or she still loves him and doesn't want to lose him  Thinking
Blynda

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: August 13, 2017, 01:38:45 AM »

Years ago I read on the sugar boards that those two honking diamonds came from King Frederik IX, and all Henri had to do was pay a jeweler to set them into a ring.   King No idea if that is true, but I did see it on more than one message board.
temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: August 13, 2017, 02:21:07 AM »

If anything, the fall out from this is that Fred wasn't BS-ing about his terrible childhood. His mother was absent Queen-ing and then gave whatever of her attention she had left to her man-child of a husband, and then his Father was a spoiled brat who had no idea how to parent.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: August 13, 2017, 05:21:06 AM »

Years ago I read on the sugar boards that those two honking diamonds came from King Frederik IX, and all Henri had to do was pay a jeweler to set them into a ring.   King No idea if that is true, but I did see it on more than one message board.

That makes sense to me.  I don't think Henrik was poor, but I don't think he could have afforded those diamonds either.   Thinking
jessmie

Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: August 13, 2017, 10:45:16 PM »

Never heard this rumour about the engagement ring before. If it's true it's quite embarrassing! Embarrassing because you know that you couldn't pay for your wife's engagement ring, on Henrik's part, and also knowing that the ring didn't really come from your husband, but your father, on Margrethe's part! To be honest, IMHO Margrethe doesn't come off to me as shallow enough to have demanded a big ring. If she was shallow she'd be obsessed with her appearance like Mary! She'd have had botox, and A LOT of teeth whitening. The woman doesn't even dye her hair! Perhaps Henrik asked for King Frederik's help in buying the engagement ring, or the King himself offered to help if he realised that Henrik wouldn't have been able to afford a big ring for Margrethe. All the fathers with daughters I know want the best for them and they will do anything to help, especially if money isn't an issue.

I have to admit though that both Margrethe and Henrik sound like awful parents! What kind of parent "ignores" their children like this until they are teens? No wonder Frederik is a mess and I will dare say I admire him for speaking out about his upbringing. I also think it's crystal-clear that not only Henrik physically abused his children, but that he and Margrethe also emotionally abused their sons. Ignoring your child and only seeing him/her for a couple of hours a day is emotional abuse. They also undoubtedly had a lot of expectations from Frederik since he was the firstborn and combining that with the fact that he's, by nature, more sensitive than his brother, we have the clues as to why he seems clinically depressed most of the time! I think he could be more active in his role and I criticise him for only being interested in sports and having fun, but I feel for him when it comes to issues like his depression. Yes, I think he is clinically depressed even though they never made an announcement. When you have an upbringing like his, it's impossible to not come out of it with serious issues and I speak from personal experience.
Phina

Small Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: August 14, 2017, 12:56:17 PM »

Henrik has been admitted to hospital with pains in his leg, suspected to be linked to his recent hospital treatment.  He is back in Copenhagen at Rigshospitalet.

http://www.bt.dk/danmark/...gshospitalet?referrer=RSS
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: