Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 43   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2017 Henrik - NEWS & EVENTS  (Read 104590 times)
jigmesjigga

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #555 on: February 13, 2018, 01:41:58 PM »

Hopefully he has good hospice nurses. I've heard from everybody who has ever had a loved one go through hospice in their last days that it is the best-case scenario and those nurses are living angels. He won't be in his beloved France but he will be "home".
Tatini

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #556 on: February 13, 2018, 01:56:17 PM »

Great post  Star

My beloved father-in-law spent his last days ( he died of pancreatic cancer 52 days after being diagnosed) in a hospice, where he was taken care by angels in white coats. That is what these people are.
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #557 on: February 13, 2018, 01:57:16 PM »

Hospices and the people who work there are wonderful. I am sure Henrik will receive the care and compassion he needs.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #558 on: February 13, 2018, 02:06:01 PM »

He will be well taken care of for sure at Fredensborg.

And the family will also have more privacy there, rather than being sujected to media scrutiny everytime they visit the Rigshospitalet.
putti

Large Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #559 on: February 13, 2018, 02:08:36 PM »

I'm sure that he is receiving the best care possible. It's good he can be home and around his family for his last days.
Oh_Caroline

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #560 on: February 13, 2018, 02:10:56 PM »

He will be well taken care of for sure at Fredensborg.

And the family will also have more privacy there, rather than being subjected to media scrutiny every time they visit the Rigshospitalet.

If there is nothing more to be done then just keeping him comfortable then home is ideal for both him and the family.
Lady Alice

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #561 on: February 13, 2018, 02:39:41 PM »

Hans Kongelige Højhed Prins Henrik er i dag blevet overført fra Rigshospitalet til Fredensborg Slot, hvor Prinsen ønsker at opholde sig i sin sidste tid.

Prinsens tilstand forbliver alvorlig.

This was just published onto the Royal house website.

Google translation:

His Royal Highness Prince Henrik has today been transferred from Rigshospitalet to Fredensborg Castle, where the Prince wishes to stay in his last time.

The condition of the Prince remains serious.

This comes as no surprise - basically hospice care at home. They gain the privacy they all need, and the hospital doesn't have to deal with the security issues.

It sounds very much like when my father passed - there just wasn't much to be done, other than to keep him comfortable, clean and warm. Hospice nurses, and especially hospice volunteers, are truly angels on earth.

EstellesBows

Small Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #562 on: February 13, 2018, 02:42:35 PM »

Except for Margarethe, I feel the worst for Isabella.  He always seemed to have the most special spot for her and she him.  I wonder if she poured her heart out to him about the ( we assume) all the tensions with her mother and their household.  Sometimes, I think she and the Queen will feel his loss the most. I would love to think that she and the Queen will now have that bond. Although I know it is magical thinking, I wish he would stabilize to the point that he has more quality time.  In my family where longevity is the rule, 83 doesn't seem that old.

As a granddaugher who had a special closeness to her grandfather, I feel so sad for Isabella. This pic comes straight to mind:

i did not come to play with you hoes, i came to slay bitch.
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #563 on: February 13, 2018, 03:00:57 PM »

Why do I think I remember one of those behind the scenes Danish Royal Family documentaries. Henrik was taking the two older boys to see their newborn brother little Henrik in the hospital. One of the boys was chewing gum, Henrik Sr. didn't think that was appropriate and told that grandson to spit out his gum, and he did, into Henrik's hand.

I also remember Henrik taking Christian to the Copenhagen Zoo for some sort of opening of an exhibit, elephants I believe. Christian was so well behaved for being so young, granted he had a nanny with him. But I remember how for the first time, he wasn't crying or acting up. That was the nanny that was let go soon afterwards when pictures from that event showed Christian cuddling with her.
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #564 on: February 13, 2018, 03:13:25 PM »

Why do I think I remember one of those behind the scenes Danish Royal Family documentaries. Henrik was taking the two older boys to see their newborn brother little Henrik in the hospital. One of the boys was chewing gum, Henrik Sr. didn't think that was appropriate and told that grandson to spit out his gum, and he did, into Henrik's hand.

I also remember Henrik taking Christian to the Copenhagen Zoo for some sort of opening of an exhibit, elephants I believe. Christian was so well behaved for being so young, granted he had a nanny with him. But I remember how for the first time, he wasn't crying or acting up. That was the nanny that was let go soon afterwards when pictures from that event showed Christian cuddling with her.

I remember that. Christian and Henrik seemed so happy.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #565 on: February 13, 2018, 03:13:57 PM »

As a granddaugher who had a special closeness to her grandfather, I feel so sad for Isabella. This pic comes straight to mind:

https://zippy.gfycat.com/JointCompleteAnhinga.webm

Yes they definitely have  a close bond
sal89

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #566 on: February 13, 2018, 04:10:46 PM »

https://zippy.gfycat.com/JointCompleteAnhinga.webm

Yes they definitely have  a close bond

Beautiful photo.  Hug
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 05:36:37 PM by sal89 » Logged
EstellesBows

Small Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #567 on: February 13, 2018, 05:22:55 PM »

Another pic of Henrik and Izzy that I love. Poor thing. I hope she is getting all the love and care and support she needs right now.

i did not come to play with you hoes, i came to slay bitch.
Suzerain
Banned
Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Did you know some snakes have retractable fangs?

Ignore
« Reply #568 on: February 13, 2018, 05:26:29 PM »

So very sad but it is such a blessing to be able to go home to spend one's final moments.

The court released this pic in August.

https://instagram.com/p/B...AcNc/?utm_source=ig_embed

The people I feel the most for at this situation in addition to Daisy are the grandkids.

jigmesjigga

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #569 on: February 13, 2018, 05:31:50 PM »

So true. Grandkids don't have the baggage that the actual children have since they have their youthful innocence and the grandparents usually only take grandkids for fun stuff. They don't have to do the discipline and they're not expected to be around all the time. Between Marge and Henrik, he is certainly the grandparent that seems like he would be more amusing for kids.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 43   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: