Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 37   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Victoria - News & Events 2017  (Read 161379 times)
Ktc

Baby Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2017, 03:04:25 AM »

okay, I found a blog, and it gives following information:

TROND NOREN ISAKSEN
ON HISTORY, ROYALTY, POLITICS, ARCHITECTURE, ART AND LITERATURE

..... Several readers have asked for further details about Estelle Bernadotte?s grand tiara, which I wrote had been sold. Therefore, here is what I know:

There is some confusion about what stones there are in the parure. The art historian Goeran Alm, head of the Bernadotte Library, has described them as "white sapphires", while they are identified as pink topazes in the inventory of jewellery drawn up after the death of Dowager Queen Sophia of Sweden in 1913. Queen Sophia herself described them as pale rubies in her will of 31 October 1907, while they have been called pink tourmalines by her descendants.

The first certain owner of this tiara was Queen Sophia of Sweden and of Norway, although there is an uncertain tradition that it may have belonged to her mother-in-law, Queen Josephina, or at least have been a gift from her.

There are no jewels matching any of the above descriptions in the inventory of Queen Josephina?s jewellery following her death in 1876, but this is understandable, as the jewellery seems to have belonged to her daughter-in-law already before that time.

The tiara?s first known appearance is a portrait of Queen Sophia (in the possession of the King of Sweden) painted by Hilda Lindgren in 1875, three years after Oscar II?s accession to the throne. In this painting the Queen wears the tiara, but other jewellery rather than the rest of the parure. There is also an identical photograph, making it apparent that the portrait was painted after a photo.

Queen Sophia also wears the tiara in Knud Bergslien?s painting of her and Oscar II?s Norwegian coronation in Trondhjem Cathedral (now Nidaros Cathedral) on 18 July 1873, which hangs in the Hall of Mirrors at the Royal Palace in Oslo. However, this does not necessarily mean that she actually wore the tiara for the coronation, as the painting was executed only in 1882 and it might be possible that Bergslien has painted the tiara after Lindgren?s portrait, which until the dissolution of the union of crowns in 1905 hung in Oscar II?s office at the Royal Palace in Kristiania (now Oslo).

Dowager Queen Sophia died in 1913 and in the inventory of her jewels one finds a parure consisting of a necklace of pink topazes and diamonds, a golden bracelet with one large pink topaz set in diamonds, a tiara of nine large pink topazes and diamonds, and a brooch made of one large pink topaz and diamonds. The value of the parure was estimated at a meagre 9,600 SEK (which might be compared to 222,450 SEK for the emerald parure which now belongs to the King of Norway).

In her will, Queen Sophia left the parure to her daughter-in-law Princess Ebba Bernadotte, the wife of her second oldest son, Prince Oscar Bernadotte. There are photos of Princess Ebba Bernadotte wearing it, for instance to the eightieth birthday of King Gustaf V in 1938.

Princess Ebba Bernadotte died in 1946 and the parure was next worn by her daughter-in-law Countess Estelle Bernadotte af Wisborg. Estelle Bernadotte wore it frequently throughout her life and according to her daughter-in-law bought matching earrings, bracelet and ring.

Following Estelle Bernadotte?s death in 1984 the parure was inherited by her eldest surviving son, Count Folke (?Ockie?) Bernadotte af Wisborg, whose wife Christine wore it to at least one royal banquet in the 1980s and possibly also in the 1990s.

However, Countess Christine Bernadotte af Wisborg has told me that she and her husband, in consultation with their children, decided to sell the parure, preferably to the Swedish royal family as they wanted the jewellery to remain in the Bernadotte family. The Swedish court contacted the Norwegian royal family, who was interested and bought the parure. The Countess cannot remember which year this happened, something I interpret as that it cannot have been very recently.

However, no member of the Norwegian royal family has ever worn the parure, although there should have been plenty of opportunities for doing so, for instance during one of the official visits exchanged between Norway and Sweden to mark the centenary of the dissolution of the union in 2005. This was a reservation I also added when I published the information given me by Christine Bernadotte in an article on the royal crowns of Norway in the 2010 edition of the yearbook Trondhjemske Samlinger......

....The TV2 interview was picked up by the Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet, which ran a short story on it on 28 February. The weekly magazine Svensk Damtidning followed it up with an article in this year?s issue no 11, in which Count Folke Bernadotte confirms the information his wife gave me about the sale to the Norwegian royal family.

The magazine?s journalist Margareta Heed further claims that the tiara was bought from the Norwegian royal family by Prince Daniel and presented to Crown Princess Victoria at the hospital after she had given birth to Princess Estelle......

Thank you for this! Although I'm not sure someone would schlep a big ol' tiara to the hospital  Thinking
Eliza B

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2017, 03:44:53 PM »

I'd be nice to see that tiara back in the royal families rotation.   I wonder if they've had it so long in either royal family why it hasn't been worn. Given the hairstyles it seems very flat and wide,  and might be difficult to wear maybe?

It's a bit grand to give to Estelle as her first tiara. But maybe they'll wait to display it on her. Or for when Victoria's Queen.
Suzerain

Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2017, 04:22:59 PM »

I think Victoria would totally be able to rock this and make it look stunning.

But she already has so many tiaras at her disposal...  Thinking

She loans

Baden Fringe
Napoleonic cut-steel
Napoleonic Amethyst
Four buttons
Six buttons
Connaught tiara

She owns

Lilian's Laurel Wreath
Small cut-steel
(plus her first tiara which she never wears anymore)

Would she need another one?  Thinking Well, perhaps if she was going to give Small cut-steel aka. The Doorstopper aka The Bear Trap to Snakey or loan it to her permanently. I would think her first tiara would be the one to go to Estelle when she is old enough. I do hope we will see Countess Estelle's tiara soon and I hope it will be on Victoria's head.

Edit: Had to add a tiara to the list, thanks
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 05:36:09 PM by Suzerain » Logged
LauraMarie

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2017, 04:38:09 PM »

She also wears the Connaught some (twice in 2015).

Of that list not quite as many are exclusively Victoria's.

Laurel Wreath, Small cut steel (although maybe she'll give it to Sofia), and birthday tiara she owns.  Baden is pretty much only worn by her (Silvia wore it last year in Germany because of its German connection).  And maybe the Napoleanic Cut Steel (although occasionally it too gets shared).

The 4 button, 6 button, and Amethyst are all shared amongst the SRF.  She still has a lot she wears but not quite as many that are pretty much exclusively hers.

I hope Estelle gets a different 18th birthday tiara than Victoria's.  I'd even rather have the small cut steel rather than that tiara because it's so wiry.
Mary Stuart

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2017, 04:45:48 PM »

Madeleine and Victoria's birthday tiaras are horrific.
LauraMarie

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2017, 04:59:15 PM »

ITA.  Both are not good at all.  If I had to pick, I actually like Madeleine's better than Victoria's just because you can at least see the stone.  With Victoria's, all you can really see are wires and frame.
Suzerain

Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2017, 05:39:12 PM »

ITA.  Both are not good at all.  If I had to pick, I actually like Madeleine's better than Victoria's just because you can at least see the stone.  With Victoria's, all you can really see are wires and frame.

And Madeleine's has some history behind it at least. It was worn by the Haga Princesses, not sure how old it is but at least from the 1920s. Plus, there's a really nice aquamarine in it. Victoria's AFAIK is a new one that was commissioned by her parents. Supposedly has sapphires but you cannot really see them. Maybe they would show better against blonde hair...?
LauraMarie

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2017, 05:47:19 PM »

And Madeleine's has some history behind it at least. It was worn by the Haga Princesses, not sure how old it is but at least from the 1920s. Plus, there's a really nice aquamarine in it. Victoria's AFAIK is a new one that was commissioned by her parents. Supposedly has sapphires but you cannot really see them. Maybe they would show better against blonde hair...?

I think it's quite telling that Madeleine's still gets some wear every now and again (she wore it to the 2015 representation dinner and Christina wore it to the banquet for CG's 70th birthday last year).  Meanwhile, Victoria's has gotten pretty much no wear in a long time.  I've looked at many close-ups (see one below) and can BARELY make out that there are stones.  I'm not sure that lighter hair would help because it would only make the metal/wire parts stick out more because they would contrast with her hair more.

I just think it's an ugly tiara, and tiara lover that I am, I don't say that lightly.  I'm really hoping Estelle doesn't get this tiara for her 18th birthday.

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2017, 05:55:17 PM »

While I am certainly a supporter for "starter tiaras" and find it ridiculous for a very young girl to sport a huge valuable (and heavy) piece of jewellery, I have to say, there are certainly nicer pieces.
I can however understand that for ex. Madeleines tiara would be more valuable and perhaps even more grown up, considering that she would not only wear it thru out her live (as opposed to the crown princess who would get to wear all the other pieces whenever she wanted) but she would also pass it on to her own children.
The best would be to have one or two cute little necklaces transformed into a tiara and use them for the very young princesses. And then present them with their "own" piece once they are really grown up.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
LauraMarie

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2017, 06:05:10 PM »

Can I recommend this for Estelle instead of Victoria's 18th birthday tiara? Not sure if it's technically a tiara.  But it's small and seems like a good starter piece.  However, it also is more visually appealing than Victoria's 18th birthday tiara.

Shreeky

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2017, 09:01:14 AM »

Victoria's March engagements (from SRF website):
 6th - Attendance at the conference "Baltic Sea Future - innovation, vision and leadership for a sustainable Baltic Sea Region"
 12th - Crown Princess Victoria's name day
20th Cabinet Meeting Information
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2017, 06:35:50 AM »

Victoria's friend since childhood, Caroline Kreuger Nilsson, spoke about her new jewellery collection to Svensk Damtidning. So far Caroline has used butterflies in many of her jewels, but this collection is inspired by feathers.

- "have always loved feathers but there is so much going on today, so it comes to finding "your feather" and the use of one's own idiom. It has taken time, but now I have created a feather that I love", says Caroline.

The collection is called "Summer Feather" and is as always made of 18k gold and diamonds. And just as before, nature has got the creativity to flow.

- "Nature is something that inspires me a lot. I was out walking one afternoon with my dog ​​and met a young grey swan, it looked at me, and I decided there and then to release the exclusive part of the "Summer Feather".

Caroline takes part throughout the entire production of her jewellery. These are slightly bigger than some other variations in her previous collections. And the bigger jewellery is something that reflects Caroline's own taste.

- "I love big jewelry, in the winter and summer. One challenge has been to make large earrings which do not weigh as much. My Poppy-earrings and Grand bouquet earrings are similar to Summer feather in size".

Since Caroline started a career as a jewelry designer, many famous people have chosen to wear the familiar butterflies and flowers. Among other best friend Crown Princess Victoria. And anyone who chooses to dress in Caroline's jewellery has a special place in her heart.

- "I have a huge love for all jewelry as I do, so when people wear them I am happy. It's probably what keeps the energy and the joy of life. Working is very time consuming, especially since you also have to have time to be a wife and mother at the same time"

and then there was this

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2017, 12:33:27 PM »

Cute but it looks like stuff you give girls for their bat mizwa or confirmation. Or perhaps children give Mommy for Mother's day (bought by Dad, but chosen by your 6 yo.)

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Lady Adelaide

Gigantic Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2017, 01:22:35 PM »

Victoria's March engagements (from SRF website):
 6th - Attendance at the conference "Baltic Sea Future - innovation, vision and leadership for a sustainable Baltic Sea Region"
 12th - Crown Princess Victoria's name day
20th Cabinet Meeting Information

The court added two more events:

23th - Official dinner (together with CG, Silvia and Daniel)
26th - Attendande at the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons 20th anniversary
gudgeon

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2017, 08:02:21 PM »

Victoria's friend since childhood, Caroline Kreuger Nilsson, spoke about her new jewellery collection to Svensk Damtidning. So far Caroline has used butterflies in many of her jewels, but this collection is inspired by feathers.

- "have always loved feathers but there is so much going on today, so it comes to finding "your feather" and the use of one's own idiom. It has taken time, but now I have created a feather that I love", says Caroline.

- "Nature is something that inspires me a lot. I was out walking one afternoon with my dog ​​and met a young grey swan, it looked at me, and I decided there and then to release the exclusive part of the "Summer Feather".

Sorry, this is slightly OT...but OMG, this woman sounds like a complete airhead. Whaaa?! Is it just the translation? What is she talking about...there is so much going on so you have to "find your feather" ...huh?   Laughing

Okay...sorry, done now, that just made me laugh...

My adventures in baking: http://bakedtoorder.blogspot.com/ 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 37   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: