Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 31   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Victoria - News & Events 2017  (Read 144030 times)
Eliza B

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: April 20, 2017, 02:42:50 PM »

Lovely trip and impression she's making.   I like the fish market outfit, prefect for the event - smart but causal enough.  And the pony tail - I didn't realize how long her hair has gotten.

I understand why she pulls it back, less fuss, easier for people to see her face from more angles, lasts longer, and it's a bit more serious.  That said, I wish she'd change it up just a little here or there, even if it stays up maybe a French twist or something a bit different.
periwinkle

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: April 20, 2017, 03:09:53 PM »

The Swedish women are impressive with how they take care of their clothes. I have seen the new generation of little girls wear their mothers things too. Victoria seems like a lovely woman and an easy guest. She has a very curvy and athletic body which is enviable after two kids and almost 40.
debbydeb

Gigantic Member

Indonesia Indonesia

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: April 20, 2017, 04:52:24 PM »

The fish market outfit comes across as practical and sensible! The small chain bag makes it fun and unfussy totally suitable to go to a market! Was it a coincidence or planned ("oh we're going to a market; better not have some fussy handbag")

From the pictures we see, Victoria is a great guest to have around. There's no tension whatsoever that can be felt through the photos. They all look relaxed but still dignified.

I only get these vibes from a handful of royals like Victoria, Maxima, Madeleine....
Lady Adelaide

Gigantic Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: April 20, 2017, 05:40:28 PM »

Victoria attended the seminar "Doing sustainable business the Swedish Way", held at the Swedish Embassy in Tokyo.

debbydeb

Gigantic Member

Indonesia Indonesia

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: April 20, 2017, 05:44:51 PM »

Victoria attended the seminar "Doing sustainable business the Swedish Way", held at the Swedish Embassy in Tokyo.

Is that woman in the background wearing the short version of Vic's dress? (it can't be a mirror reflection of half of her dress)
Lady Adelaide

Gigantic Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: April 20, 2017, 05:50:37 PM »

Is that woman in the background wearing the short version of Vic's dress? (it can't be a mirror reflection of half of her dress)

I didn't even notice her...the dresses do look very similar! But I can't find any other picture of her, so I guess we'll never know  Grin
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #186 on: April 20, 2017, 06:58:32 PM »

Victoria's is from H&M Conscious line that came out today Champagne

ETA: so is the dress the other lady is wearing.
Gilmourgirl

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: April 20, 2017, 08:14:46 PM »

That article is complete bullshit, he has never said anything of the sort.

Besides, the process to change the succession laws began as soon as Victoria was born, but because it's a constitutional law, there must be an election in between the legislation and the execution. That's why the law dates from 1980 and not 1977, but Victoria was the intended heir from her first breath so to speak.

Really?  Thinking
Has he been that misquoted?

He didn't also express that "a father naturally supports his son"?
Has there been some clarification from the court, since it's very, very serious to go against the constitution as king, and against a daughter as a father.

That's exactly why he would never say anything like that. It's a tabloid story and if you read the Aftonbladet article Cecilia provided, the court press
secretary denied it.

He did make a joke about female kings at the time though, and he did express concern about how difficult it could be for a Queen to find a loyal consort. And that's about it.
Coya

Big Member

Peru Peru

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: April 20, 2017, 08:47:28 PM »

Victoria's is from H&M Conscious line that came out today Champagne

ETA: so is the dress the other lady is wearing.

Great eye Maria  Thumb up Star

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #189 on: April 20, 2017, 08:54:40 PM »

Besides, the process to change the succession laws began as soon as Victoria was born, but because it's a constitutional law, there must be an election in between the legislation and the execution. That's why the law dates from 1980 and not 1977, but Victoria was the intended heir from her first breath so to speak.

Really?  Thinking

Has there been some clarification from the court, since it's very, very serious to go against the constitution as king, and against a daughter as a father.

That's exactly why he would never say anything like that. It's a tabloid story and if you read the Aftonbladet article Cecilia provided, the court press
secretary denied it.

He did make a joke about female kings at the time though, and he did express concern about how difficult it could be for a Queen to find a loyal consort. And that's about it.

The court has no problems flat out lying so the press secretary denying it doesn't mean it's true..
Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: April 20, 2017, 11:15:37 PM »

I am sooo bored with her hairstyle! Why does she insist on always looking the same Snore
Coya

Big Member

Peru Peru

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: April 20, 2017, 11:25:55 PM »

I am sooo bored with her hairstyle! Why does she insist on always looking the same Snore

Me too!! She seems to be smart and approachable, has a splendid figure, killer smile and enviable wardrobe but the same hairstyle (IMO not even flattering) is tiresome and boring  Snore She can look fabulous and still be respected  with a little change (take Leti as an example)

onar

Medium Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: April 21, 2017, 12:01:59 AM »

Professional, great representative of Sweden, elegant and knowing why she's there... Vic NEVER disapoints!

Suzerain

Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Princess Gollumina wants her precioussss

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: April 21, 2017, 11:42:21 AM »

Really?  Thinking

secretary denied it.

The court has no problems flat out lying so the press secretary denying it doesn't mean it's true..

I have seen a long tv interview where CG stated very clearly that he wished the law had been changed before there was a situation where they needed to exchange titles. It was the retroactivity he was opposing, not woman as a regent. He said the whole process took too long in his opinion. He also said he was very happy Victoria is the crown princess and future regent and that she is very good in what she does. He was worried how it might be for her after she became a mother (this interview was before she had any kids, I think even before her marriage) as she would probably want to be with her children as much as possible. I got the sense between the lines that even though CP couldn't have done the job and that he was better off doing something else so all turned out well.

But of course we never know when people are lying. It's hard to believe he's speaking the truth with such a mean face. And he is socially awkward and makes bad jokes. Tasteless even. Who knows if the stories written about him are true, hard to assess if he's a decent person in some way. Well, he's not very likeable.

But back to the subject at hand. I absolutely love Victoria's outfit here:

I wonder who designed it. It's very Turkish in style with those tulips and carnations and the border pattern.

The Rally Prince driving (yes, it's really him)...
debbydeb

Gigantic Member

Indonesia Indonesia

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: April 21, 2017, 11:55:43 AM »

I didn't realize she's wearing trainers to the fish market!
How utilitarian  Laughing

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 31   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: