Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Victoria - News & Events 2017  (Read 286957 times)
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #645 on: December 17, 2017, 08:46:06 PM »

I believe kids this age see travestie shows as just a kind of carneval out of season - fabulous costumes, crazy makeup, music.
Princess BlueEyes

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #646 on: December 17, 2017, 08:53:47 PM »

That woman next to Estelle, ups, sorry, that man next to Estelle has lovely legs Wink I'm sorry, but drag show isn't something I'd take my 5-year-old child to see...or doesn't she find it odd/unexpecting men dressing like women and wearing so much makeup? Perhaps she has seen something like this before?

It is also possible that Estelle does not know, is not aware or was told that they are men.

Ginger

Small Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #647 on: December 17, 2017, 09:32:41 PM »

I hope when Estelle grows up people can look like they want. I don't know if After Dark is the right place to find that kind of freedom tho.
Aubiette

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #648 on: December 17, 2017, 10:41:13 PM »

These shows must be different in Sweden...I hope.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #649 on: December 17, 2017, 10:52:59 PM »

These shows must be different in Sweden...I hope.

Iíve been to numerous drag shows in the US and there is not anything Iíve ever seen at one of them that would make me think a child shouldnít be there. Not sure what youíve seen, but I havenít seen anything that was inappropriate for someone Estelleís age. She probably thought it was a lot of fun.

I would have loved the fun and glamour of a drag show when I was her age. I see nothing wrong with this.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 11:06:32 PM by pixiecat » Logged
Eliza B

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #650 on: December 17, 2017, 11:04:03 PM »

She probably loved the costumes and theatrics.

Plenty of kids-plays have men playing women for jokes (example: Matilda), I think a matinee show of dressing for glamour works too.
debbydeb

Gigantic Member

Indonesia Indonesia

Ignore
« Reply #651 on: December 18, 2017, 02:55:49 AM »

According to their website, this long running show (since 1976! wow I didn't know that) will take their final bow this December... no more shows after that.

Youtube has some fascinating clips...

Their final shows (running since September) seems more on the safer side, and feels like a retrospective
here is the trailer:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dmXexRQZ1tM

their past performances/seasons seems a bit more risque
 like a Chicago-esque tango, sailors, tongue in cheek standup comedies, etc
but also... parodies of the Royal Family!

This is a parody of Vic and Dan
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xwZM3wSN0a0

And apparently they performed at Victoriadagen concert, and Estelle was there at the concert so I think Estelle is not too unfamiliar with Lindarw...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oSeYYAkNbv8

one thing I've noticed, they have very decent and good copies of the Royal Bling!

gudgeon

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #652 on: December 18, 2017, 03:39:45 AM »

That woman next to Estelle, ups, sorry, that man next to Estelle has lovely legs Wink I'm sorry, but drag show isn't something I'd take my 5-year-old child to see...or doesn't she find it odd/unexpecting men dressing like women and wearing so much makeup? Perhaps she has seen something like this before?

I'm sure kids can understand the concept of a performance or playing dress up. Isn't that what drag queens are doing? Getting dressed up and performing? I don't see any problem with Estelle - or any 5 YO - going. In and of itself, I don't see how it's age inappropriate. If the subject matter of the performance was for adults-only, then yes, but usually drag queen shows are about singing and dancing. I'm sure Victoria was willing to answer any questions that Estelle may have had after the show.

My adventures in baking: http://bakedtoorder.blogspot.com/ 
Eve

Large Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #653 on: December 18, 2017, 09:42:39 AM »

I've always thought that the drag shows are for adults only    I must be more conservative and old-fashioned than I realized  Nono
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #654 on: December 18, 2017, 09:46:06 AM »

Bugs Bunny episodes' had endless drug shows! I think that, in such a young age, kids see these shows as carnival and they're not thinking other apsects.

Suzerain
Banned
Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Did you know some snakes have retractable fangs?

Ignore
« Reply #655 on: December 18, 2017, 10:51:30 AM »

In not too distant past, in the theater men used to play all the female roles too so drag is not as unheard of as one might think. I think children see nothing strange about it, they only see men looking pretty and think nothing of it. This show seems to be a very "clean" and family-friendly one so I see nothing bad about taking Estelle to see one. I remember last summer when Christer Lindarw was playing Silvia at Vic's birthday party in ÷land and the entire family was laughing so hard. And I'm sure Estelle simply loved the feather boa she received!

Olya

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #656 on: December 18, 2017, 11:39:35 AM »

According to their website, this long running show (since 1976! wow I didn't know that) will take their final bow this December... no more shows after that.

Youtube has some fascinating clips...

Their final shows (running since September) seems more on the safer side, and feels like a retrospective
here is the trailer:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dmXexRQZ1tM

their past performances/seasons seems a bit more risque
 like a Chicago-esque tango, sailors, tongue in cheek standup comedies, etc
but also... parodies of the Royal Family!

This is a parody of Vic and Dan
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xwZM3wSN0a0

And apparently they performed at Victoriadagen concert, and Estelle was there at the concert so I think Estelle is not too unfamiliar with Lindarw...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oSeYYAkNbv8

one thing I've noticed, they have very decent and good copies of the Royal Bling!

I wish I understood Swedish!!!

I think kids see it simply as fun and entertainment, that's how I saw shows as a child, only now I see the meaning behind even real kids' shows (eg as named above, Bugs Bunny). Kids see it all pretty innocently and as fun, that's all.
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #657 on: December 19, 2017, 03:09:07 AM »

Great earrings. Real, or costume? Thinking

editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #658 on: December 19, 2017, 03:15:11 AM »

She typically dresses very well for her body type, and usually picks things that are modern and with clean lines.  I almost always hate her hair, but her clothes in the past have usually been nice.  I don't know if she's got a new stylist or if she's  lost her eyesight and taste, but hopefully this slump ends soon. 
Yes
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #659 on: December 19, 2017, 03:23:21 AM »

A white or gray top would have been better, rather than the uncoordinated blue. Suit's good, though.
Yes, it's a good suit, very well cut (unlike that sad dusty pink mess last week). But this look as is is terribly drab. It really needs some color, maybe a bright scarf; or some chunky modern silver jewelry. C'mon, Vic--you can do it! (maybe)
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: