Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Beatrix News  (Read 64445 times)
Pomme

Big Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: February 01, 2018, 10:27:14 AM »

Although there were plenty of rumours, the existence of a 6th daughter was confirmed in an interview (a resume of many, conducted from 2001 to 2004) of Bernard by 2 journalists, that was published posthumously. (I am not sure to what extent his will was public, but his assets were indeed divided by 6 IIRC).
He had the journalists on a tether and really cleaned ship in the interview (and the subsequent book). He seemed convinced that he was hard done by in the wake of a corruption scandal in which he took a large sum (he was never allowed to don a Dutch uniform after that), played down his role in the Greet Hofmans affair (long story, but he basically tried to have Juliana out as HoS), really tried to paint himself as a good, if at times a little naughty and a ladies' man, instead of a philanderer and a crook (which he was). Anyway, very much O/T.

Beatrix was livid after the publication. I believe her sense of duty and huge (often terrifyingly so, to the people concerned) knowledge on matters of state and her engagements etc stems from a deep need to do good, better, best, as if being perfect would finally get her her dad's approval and possibly also to atone for his failings. At least she had a very good marriage with Claus, raised a team of great sons who, in turn, chose their partners wisely. The first years of her reign she was considered too stern and aloof, but in later years (especially after she was widowed IMO), she became very popular and deeply loved.

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: February 01, 2018, 11:06:57 AM »

Although there were plenty of rumours, the existence of a 6th daughter was confirmed in an interview (a resume of many, conducted from 2001 to 2004) of Bernard by 2 journalists, that was published posthumously. (I am not sure to what extent his will was public, but his assets were indeed divided by 6 IIRC).
He had the journalists on a tether and really cleaned ship in the interview (and the subsequent book). He seemed convinced that he was hard done by in the wake of a corruption scandal in which he took a large sum (he was never allowed to don a Dutch uniform after that), played down his role in the Greet Hofmans affair (long story, but he basically tried to have Juliana out as HoS), really tried to paint himself as a good, if at times a little naughty and a ladies' man, instead of a philanderer and a crook (which he was). Anyway, very much O/T.

Beatrix was livid after the publication. I believe her sense of duty and huge (often terrifyingly so, to the people concerned) knowledge on matters of state and her engagements etc stems from a deep need to do good, better, best, as if being perfect would finally get her her dad's approval and possibly also to atone for his failings. At least she had a very good marriage with Claus, raised a team of great sons who, in turn, chose their partners wisely. The first years of her reign she was considered too stern and aloof, but in later years (especially after she was widowed IMO), she became very popular and deeply loved.

Well described!  Thumb up
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: February 01, 2018, 11:13:30 AM »

On a lighter note: I read in a yellow mag that the QueenBee was madly in love with a dashing gentlemen enjoying her "autumn love". I always wonder where the editors come up with those speculations and how they actually dare to print them, alas I also couldn't help but thinking Sweet... Halo
(Does anybody else go to a dentist appointment with 15 min to spare to read up on this gossip in the waiting lounges? The other day, the receptionist went: Oh great you are already here, we can start immediately and I was about to refuse, seriously did she really think I was there to get my teeth cleaned  Tongue)

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Pomme

Big Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: February 01, 2018, 05:06:53 PM »

LOL fairy

Dutch TV aired a short documentary on Beatrix yesterday, reflecting on her time 'in office' and her life afterwards.
In Dutch, but still quite nice to see some of the DRF bling at werk.

https://www.npo.nl/nos-be...0/31-01-2018/POW_03751538

I'm hoping it will be on YouTube soon, because I don't know if it can be viewed in other countries.

NPO is a public network.
Plenty of stuff to watch at uitzendinggemist.nl,  search for 'prinses Beatrix'

80 years in pictures:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6idn_vy9Gc

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: February 01, 2018, 10:04:40 PM »

On a lighter note: I read in a yellow mag that the QueenBee was madly in love with a dashing gentlemen enjoying her "autumn love". I always wonder where the editors come up with those speculations and how they actually dare to print them, alas I also couldn't help but thinking Sweet... Halo
(Does anybody else go to a dentist appointment with 15 min to spare to read up on this gossip in the waiting lounges? The other day, the receptionist went: Oh great you are already here, we can start immediately and I was about to refuse, seriously did she really think I was there to get my teeth cleaned  Tongue)

LOL. My son had an appointment at an ophthalmologist and usually she has loads of new magazines because she is the local ER doctor as well and gets all the accidents brought in. We even arrived ten minutes early but what disappointment ... there was a note in the waiting area that so many people had stolen magazines that she stopped buying them.  Ranting  And we were seen straight away.

Back to the topic. It would be lovely for be to sind someone else for her last years.
ortensia

Warned
Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: February 04, 2018, 01:12:43 PM »

http://www.newmyroyals.co...atrixs-80th-birthday.html

How I ❤️ A birthday's family bash!!!!
The more,the merrier.🍰🎂🌈👑
Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: February 04, 2018, 03:27:48 PM »

Wax and Max + kids are very casually dressed. The rest of the guests more formal dressing. Seems odd. WA dresses just like my dad on a relaxing Sunday Grin
onar

Big Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: February 04, 2018, 03:34:03 PM »

Wax and Max + kids are very casually dressed. The rest of the guests more formal dressing. Seems odd. WA dresses just like my dad on a relaxing Sunday Grin
They usually come across as every other upper middle class family and I believe that plays role on their popularity. More importantly, they don't seem to act and struggle to behave as such.

Catananche

Baby Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: February 05, 2018, 02:16:35 PM »

I think they changed later. I haven't been able to find/see pictures though. It would be really odd (and strange) for them to stay in their casual clothes and the rest of the guests in their formal clothes.
Celia

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: February 05, 2018, 02:25:20 PM »

There were photos of men toting suitcases around.  I'm sure they changed.
Phina

Large Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: February 05, 2018, 02:31:26 PM »

I think they changed later. I haven't been able to find/see pictures though. It would be really odd (and strange) for them to stay in their casual clothes and the rest of the guests in their formal clothes.

Maxima and/or WA often turn up casual to the Palace formal events and change later.  

Arrival:

Later:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: