Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maxima: 2017 Events  (Read 100645 times)
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2017, 09:31:20 PM »

Amalia really needs to lose some weights. She seems to be gaining weight every time we see her. This is not good for a kid. It's not healthy.

While we do allow dishing on kids we would appreciate some consideration on how it reflects on the board. Bodyshaming a growing teenager doesn't reflect well on the board IMO.

Also the topic here is Maxima.
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2017, 10:05:45 PM »

With all due respect, so commenting on underweight, speculating on eating disorder or tell someone "eat a burger" is okay but making a comment about weight-gain is "body shaming". I guess that's why we live in a world with high rate of overweight adults and kids. Here is data from WHO:

"Worldwide obesity has more than doubled since 1980.
In 2014, more than 1.9 billion adults, 18 years and older, were overweight. Of these over 600 million were obese.
39% of adults aged 18 years and over were overweight in 2014, and 13% were obese.
Most of the world's population live in countries where overweight and obesity kills more people than underweight.
41 million children under the age of 5 were overweight or obese in 2014. "

But that's okay. I will go back to hair-shaming Maxima instead.  Tongue

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2017, 10:13:34 PM »

With all due respect, so commenting on underweight, speculating on eating disorder or tell someone "eat a burger" is okay but making a comment about weight-gain is "body shaming". I guess that's why we live in a world with high rate of overweight adults and kids. Here is data from WHO:

"Worldwide obesity has more than doubled since 1980.
In 2014, more than 1.9 billion adults, 18 years and older, were overweight. Of these over 600 million were obese.
39% of adults aged 18 years and over were overweight in 2014, and 13% were obese.
Most of the world's population live in countries where overweight and obesity kills more people than underweight.
41 million children under the age of 5 were overweight or obese in 2014. "

But that's okay. I will go back to hair-shaming Maxima instead.  Tongue

I am specifically talking about dishing on royal children here. Whether there are more overweight children in the world or not, I doubt any teenager will get better by being called out as overweight. People marrying into royalty choose it themselves - the kids didn't. So I feel it reflects poorly on the board commenting on CA's weight when she's still just a child.
Qua Patet Orbis

Baby Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2017, 10:18:28 PM »

Amalia has some years left to balance her weight but her current state is worrisome, especially because she has been chubby for her whole life. It is not going to be easy for her to lose weight.

Meanwhile.. For the first time in many years Willem-Alexander looks somewhat elegant and charismatic.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2017, 10:20:47 PM »

Amalia has some years left to balance her weight but her current state is worrisome, especially because she has been chubby for her whole life. It is not going to be easy for her to lose weight.

Meanwhile.. For the first time in many years Willem-Alexander looks somewhat elegant and charismatic.

As I JUST wrote Huh? - let's please move on from this topic - it reflects poorly on the board.
jessmie

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2017, 11:15:09 PM »

I am aware that this is off topic, as Maria has already said, but as a former overweight child and teenager myself I would like to add a few comments.

1. It's never ok to body shame children and teenagers whether they are skinny or overweight.

2. Some people are just chubby. It might be their body structure or their genes, or they like food. Both Amalia's father and grandmother were chubby kids with full-shaped faces and they are relatively chubby adults with full-shaped faces. It looks like Amalia has inherited those traits.

3. She is still a teen! Maybe she's happy, maybe she's unhappy and she'll lose the weight at a later stage when most teens get obsessed with their looks, maybe she has a thyroid issue (I hope not), but Amalia is not a fat kid. She just isn't. As long as she's healthy, then nothing else matters.

4. Regarding your claim that it won't be easy for her to lose weight, I know from personal experience that it is very easy to lose weight until a person is around 20. Your body is still developing and changing, and with the right diet, it's very easy to shed extra weight.

I hope my comments are not perceived as an attack on anyone here who has said Amalia is a fat kid. This is a topic that is very important to me since I have struggled a lot with weight, especially during childhood, and I think people grossly underestimate the effect body shaming comments can have on children and teenagers. You may argue that you know, this is life and kids need to toughen up, but how would you feel if, at 14, someone told you that you're ugly or fat or your nose is too big etc. It was very hard for me to deal with comments from people who knew nothing about me, so I think it would be even harder for Amalia who's in the public eye.

On a different note, you'd think a king would have the money to get a better-suited suit, or at least, pay to have it ironed!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 11:27:26 PM by jessmie » Logged
Nuno

Humongous Member

Portugal Portugal

Felipe, Leti: where are you?

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2017, 11:43:01 PM »

During their first appearance after Christmas I thought Max gained weight, but now that she's not wearing one of her unflattering outfits she's really thin - mainly her hands  Yikes and she needs a better bra.

Visit us https://a-minha-vida-afinal-deu-um-blog.webnode.pt

"You can call me Happiness...yes Queen Happiness. It sounds great!" - Queen Letizia, Red Cross 150th Anniversary Wink

"Hey Cristina, I'm the Queen now :D"
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2017, 12:16:14 AM »

I am aware that this is off topic, as Maria has already said, but as a former overweight child and teenager myself I would like to add a few comments.

1. It's never ok to body shame children and teenagers whether they are skinny or overweight.

2. Some people are just chubby. It might be their body structure or their genes, or they like food. Both Amalia's father and grandmother were chubby kids with full-shaped faces and they are relatively chubby adults with full-shaped faces. It looks like Amalia has inherited those traits.

3. She is still a teen! Maybe she's happy, maybe she's unhappy and she'll lose the weight at a later stage when most teens get obsessed with their looks, maybe she has a thyroid issue (I hope not), but Amalia is not a fat kid. She just isn't. As long as she's healthy, then nothing else matters.

4. Regarding your claim that it won't be easy for her to lose weight, I know from personal experience that it is very easy to lose weight until a person is around 20. Your body is still developing and changing, and with the right diet, it's very easy to shed extra weight.

I hope my comments are not perceived as an attack on anyone here who has said Amalia is a fat kid. This is a topic that is very important to me since I have struggled a lot with weight, especially during childhood, and I think people grossly underestimate the effect body shaming comments can have on children and teenagers. You may argue that you know, this is life and kids need to toughen up, but how would you feel if, at 14, someone told you that you're ugly or fat or your nose is too big etc. It was very hard for me to deal with comments from people who knew nothing about me, so I think it would be even harder for Amalia who's in the public eye.

On a different note, you'd think a king would have the money to get a better-suited suit, or at least, pay to have it ironed!

It is O/T but I will add after reading your post that someone like Victoria grew up with comments being made about her looks and weight which most likely led her to suffer from a serious ED. I know it's not that simple (hear mean comments about weight = get ED) but still, no doubt all those comments made an impact which made her suffer. Wax has IIRC always been a big guy (from a family of many big people) and Max has looked bigger than many women in the public eye (so much for diversity..) - both seem mostly healthy and definitely not fat now so I am sure they'll be able to guide their daughters to living a healthy life - especially since they know what it's like to live in the public eye.
I'd be more worried about them smoking. Parents really shouldn't smoke.
jessmie

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2017, 12:53:03 AM »

It is O/T but I will add after reading your post that someone like Victoria grew up with comments being made about her looks and weight which most likely led her to suffer from a serious ED. I know it's not that simple (hear mean comments about weight = get ED) but still, no doubt all those comments made an impact which made her suffer. Wax has IIRC always been a big guy (from a family of many big people) and Max has looked bigger than many women in the public eye (so much for diversity..) - both seem mostly healthy and definitely not fat now so I am sure they'll be able to guide their daughters to living a healthy life - especially since they know what it's like to live in the public eye.
I'd be more worried about them smoking. Parents really shouldn't smoke.

I agree! It's not that simple, and of course, I don't think that there's just one reason for extreme weight gain or loss. You may like food, but there's a point where you are full so you stop. It's a very complicated issue, and most of us do not know what's going on behind closed doors. I believe people can underestimate the effect such comments have on children and teenagers. Maxima and WA are Amalia's parents and they can guide her to living a healthy life as you say. She's not obese, she's just chubby and has always been chubby, and some people are always like that. It's just how they are meant to be. I went from being an obese teenager to being a super skinny young adult, pushing myself to lose more weight and ending up unhealthy because I couldn't get rid of my full cheeks no matter how much I tried. I am finally at a healthy weight, and I have accepted that I will never manage to lose my chubby cheeks or puffy bottom and thighs.

Criticising a child for their weight can be extremely damaging and it just shouldn't be done. You shouldn't even do it to your child IMHO! There are much more respectful ways in which you can help your child to lose weight and those do not include offending them.

Stopping her since we're way out of topic.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2017, 11:56:42 AM »

I just guess Amalia looks bigger, because of the shape of her head which gives that illusion. When you compare she looks a lot like her father and grandmother when those were kids. Not overweight or fat, but just a bit bigger boned and her own natural figure.

IMO Amalia looks lot older then her age because of the make up and outfit. With regard to that I prefer the appearance of her southern colleague crownprincess Elisabeth of Belgium.
emtishell

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2017, 12:14:53 PM »

One of the reasons I love Max is that she looks NORMAL! I think she is like a lot of women, she has good days and bad days..... my concern is that she hasn't had the best health in the past few months, and I worry her thinner appearance is due to this?

Amalia is a normal teenage girl, I think she looks lovely here, obviously just starting to experiment with raiding Mummy's wardrobe and cosmetics  Smiley
Rita

Ginormous Member

Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2017, 08:33:47 PM »

Queen Maxima visited the Emma Children's Hospital AMC on February 14, 2017 in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. The foundation supports young people with a chronic illness or physical disability in work experience through, for example a holiday or part-time job or some other form of work.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2017, 08:31:47 AM »

I really like her dress at this event.
Nuno

Humongous Member

Portugal Portugal

Felipe, Leti: where are you?

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2017, 12:57:39 AM »

I thought Natan boots were already extinct 

Visit us https://a-minha-vida-afinal-deu-um-blog.webnode.pt

"You can call me Happiness...yes Queen Happiness. It sounds great!" - Queen Letizia, Red Cross 150th Anniversary Wink

"Hey Cristina, I'm the Queen now :D"
Missynat

Small Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2017, 09:27:06 PM »

Max attend the opening of the A Royal Paradise exhibition at Dordrecht Museum, Netherlands.  I am not a fan of this green but Max looks good. 

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: