Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Women's March on Washington - January 21, 2017  (Read 7714 times)
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2017, 07:44:45 PM »

There were tens of thousands of women there with warm hearts and positive intentions.  There were also many there with cold hearts and bad intentions and promises of violence

Promises of violence? Could you please point out where it was claimed these protests could become violent? I have looked but cannot see anthing to suggest that.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2017, 08:19:52 PM »

I think you will find that millions of us disagree. But it is always nice to see how tolerant and welcoming this forum is to opposing viewpoints. Wait..... I forgot..it's not...   Dead

Because insulting the millions of women who attended, including members of this board, and describing it as a "disgusting display" is very tolerant and welcoming.  Snare

Star

editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2017, 08:55:49 PM »

I think you will find that millions of us disagree. But it is always nice to see how tolerant and welcoming this forum is to opposing viewpoints. Wait..... I forgot..it's not...   Dead

Because insulting the millions of women who attended, including members of this board, and describing it as a "disgusting display" is very tolerant and welcoming.  Snare
Star Beer
Zazoo

Mini Member

Cyprus Cyprus

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2017, 10:28:11 PM »

we're in 2017 and we still have to protest for things that (IMO) are without saying basic women's rights .I don't know if I want to cry or laugh with the situation ... As long I'm not offencive or burden in anyway to anyone I ,as a free responsible adult, can do whatever I want with my body !

Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen

Article I ? Men are born and remain free and equal in rights. Social distinctions can be founded only on the common good.

Article II ? The goal of any political association is the conservation of the natural and imprescriptible rights of man. These rights are liberty, property, safety and resistance against oppression.

Article III ? The principle of any sovereignty resides essentially in the Nation. No body, no individual can exert authority which does not emanate expressly from it.

Article IV ? Liberty consists of doing anything which does not harm others: thus, the exercise of the natural rights of each man has only those borders which assure other members of the society the enjoyment of these same rights. These borders can be determined only by the law.

Article V ? The law has the right to forbid only actions harmful to society. Anything which is not forbidden by the law cannot be impeded, and no one can be constrained to do what it does not order.

Article VI ? The law is the expression of the general will. All the citizens have the right of contributing personally or through their representatives to its formation. It must be the same for all, either that it protects, or that it punishes. All the citizens, being equal in its eyes, are equally admissible to all public dignities, places and employments, according to their capacity and without distinction other than that of their virtues and of their talents.
source /: Wiki

We were taught at school and I thought that are non negotiable but the current situation in the world makes me doubt !
(sorry If I'm overstepping or being to political)

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." ? Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2017, 11:06:59 PM »

I thought it was one the most uplifting and inspirational experiences of my life. I was moved to join my American counterparts because of the lack of civil discourse, racism and misogyny evident in the past election that seemed to somehow spread here.

It was an overwhelmingly positive experience - there were counter protests, and some of the messaging on the signs was disappointing. But there was no violence and name calling. There was NO disrespect as far as I could see. One pro-life supporter simply pointed to the image of a baby on her poster. When a group of pro-choice marchers past by, they past each other silently and acknowledged each other with a nod. There will always be areas when people can't find common ground, but they have the right to be there and express their point of view. I was a guest in the US - I didn't contribute any negativity about the election results or the President. I was there to support all women and everyone who feels their fundamental rights have been marginalized. And it was heartening to see over 2 million marchers across the world felt mobilized to act.

We made history yesterday. No one can ever take that away.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2017, 11:17:36 PM »

^^^ HEAR! HEAR!  Star

royalsareajoke

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2017, 12:30:23 AM »

I thought it was one the most uplifting and inspirational experiences of my life. I was moved to join my American counterparts because of the lack of civil discourse, racism and misogyny evident in the past election that seemed to somehow spread here.

It was an overwhelmingly positive experience - there were counter protests, and some of the messaging on the signs was disappointing. But there was no violence and name calling. There was NO disrespect as far as I could see. One pro-life supporter simply pointed to the image of a baby on her poster. When a group of pro-choice marchers past by, they past each other silently and acknowledged each other with a nod. There will always be areas when people can't find common ground, but they have the right to be there and express their point of view. I was a guest in the US - I didn't contribute any negativity about the election results or the President. I was there to support all women and everyone who feels their fundamental rights have been marginalized. And it was heartening to see over 2 million marchers across the world felt mobilized to act.

We made history yesterday. No one can ever take that away.

Temi, I didn't march but was heartened by those who did. I spent the day isolated from any news I was so sickened. Yes, the world response was in my opinion and that of my son who is far more 'political' than I, very encouraging. However far apart we are, however many miles and cultures separate us and make us different, we are women who have fought far too long and hard to just say nothing, to do nothing. It matters. The message was sent. How or if it was received is beside the point to me, the fact that there was no violence, no one excluded is indeed a massive victory in and of itself. JMO  Every woman there had her own reason to be there, had I been able I would have marched. I'm still unable to tolerate much of the news, but I'm not rolling over and becoming passive either. Not ever. And what a respectful and welcome guest you were and as far as I'm concerned will always be in our country. Even though this is the OT thread, I have no desire to even so much as be any part of inciting anything. Screaming and tossing insults about has yet to accomplish anything in my experience. That last sentence was not aimed or directed at anyone at all. Simply my own beliefs, and opinion.

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it. Evelyn Beatrice Hall

Loneliness and the feeling of being unwanted
is the most terrible poverty.
- Mother Teresa
gudgeon

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2017, 06:00:24 PM »

with this election, we stepped almost 50 years back in time, humanity really never ever learns.....

The original women's march took place 20 years ago in Philly

New York, NY

Boston, Massachusets

Los Angeles, California

Washington, DC

Dublin, Ireland

Paris, France

London, GB

Athens, Greece

Lisbon, Portugal

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Helsinki, Finland

Pristina, Kosovo

Auckland, New Zealand

Rome, Italy

Melbourn, Australia

Bangkok, Thailand

Accra, Ghana

Prague, Czech Republic

Berlin, Germany

Munich, Germany

Star  x a million, PeDe, for posting all of those photos from around the world! So moving and inspiring! Thank you  Hug 

My adventures in baking: http://bakedtoorder.blogspot.com/ 
Zazoo

Mini Member

Cyprus Cyprus

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2017, 05:46:19 PM »

Pregnant women have been described as "hosts" by the man behind the bill.
-BBC

http://www.bbc.com/news/w...ws&ns_source=facebook

I felt due to political overtones and theme this belongs here

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." ? Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
minimoos

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2017, 04:49:27 AM »

-BBC

Here's another one- Arkansas' governor has signed a bill to allow husbands (or parents of minors) to sue in order to keep their wives (or daughters) from having an abortion, or for monetary damages afterwards.

I apologize if this article is TOO off-topic, but I find this highly alarming in that it can keep women in dangerous domestic abuse situations trapped in that cycle (not to mention bringing vulnerable children into such a situation). Also, usually in the US with abortion laws there are exceptions for rape and incest, which is also not the case here- the quote in the article says these exceptions weren't even considered for this law.

http://nytlive.nytimes.co...rtions/amp/?client=safari

And since this is the Women's March thread, for those still wondering why women feel we need to march, here's a reminder- Lawrence Lockman (R-Maine) feels that (as long as a a woman has a right to an abortion) men should be "free to use his superior strength to force himself on a woman"

I understand that not everyone agrees with a woman having the right to an abortion. But an elected official advocating for rape?  Ranting
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2017, 06:03:53 AM »

-BBC

Here's another one- Arkansas' governor has signed a bill to allow husbands (or parents of minors) to sue in order to keep their wives (or daughters) from having an abortion, or for monetary damages afterwards.

I apologize if this article is TOO off-topic, but I find this highly alarming in that it can keep women in dangerous domestic abuse situations trapped in that cycle (not to mention bringing vulnerable children into such a situation). Also, usually in the US with abortion laws there are exceptions for rape and incest, which is also not the case here- the quote in the article says these exceptions weren't even considered for this law.

http://nytlive.nytimes.co...rtions/amp/?client=safari

And since this is the Women's March thread, for those still wondering why women feel we need to march, here's a reminder- Lawrence Lockman (R-Maine) feels that (as long as a a woman has a right to an abortion) men should be "free to use his superior strength to force himself on a woman"

I understand that not everyone agrees with a woman having the right to an abortion. But an elected official advocating for rape?  Ranting

This is one of the biggest WTF moments in a long time. That and Putin decriminalizing domestic violence....FOR FUCK'S SAKE, let's take women back into the middle ages.

minimoos  Star

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2017, 12:33:49 PM »

Yikes Well "HOST" would solve another dilemma on political correctness: Since hospitals and health care providers are required to take the new family compositions into account, they are not to use the words "Mother and Father" anymore but parent one and two. To make sure that you are referring to the pregnant individual who is giving birth (who however might not become the "mother") host seems to be a good alternative.
Of course host is also a great solution for the problem that women have already gained too many rights when it comes  to reproduction. Since there is no difference between host as in petri dish and host as in female human, we can safely grant the latter the same rights as the former.

(and to all of you who might not have read this post in the sarcastic voice I wrote it: I AM LIVID)

It is funny, how many Anti-Abortion-Campaigners are in fact Anti life as well, since they do not care one iota about the circumstances of neither the "host" nor the "baby": there are no provisions for rape, incest, severely underage, medical risks and severely ill children.
By reducing a woman to a "Host-status" IMO you are just a hair breath away from using this criminally against women: when "they" can determine who has to go forward with an unwanted pregnancy, what makes us believe that "they" will stop there? "They" might want to get the right to determine who is going to become pregnant and who not.

And the idiotic idea of a woman needing her husband's (and sexual partner's) agreement? 
We need their Okay, but if they deny this they still can't be forced to pay child support, medical bills or simply to actively include themselves in raising the child. Most court's simply shrug their collective shoulders when a mother sues her partner for any of this. Daddy might get a slap on his fingers, a mild tststs from the judge, but there is no real pressure for him to pay. Once he is out of state, many are home free. If you fail to pay a traffic ticket they are on you like a a killer bee on a mission, if you are neglecting to pay for your children and your children actually starve, well too bad.

And we are complaining about the horrible gender inequality of the muslim religion? I fear, that the male dominance is wetting the western male's appetite for superiority over the blasted females.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2017, 12:44:35 PM »

Yikes Well "HOST" would solve another dilemma on political correctness: Since hospitals and health care providers are required to take the new family compositions into account, they are not to use the words "Mother and Father" anymore but parent one and two. To make sure that you are referring to the pregnant individual who is giving birth (who however might not become the "mother") host seems to be a good alternative.
Of course host is also a great solution for the problem that women have already gained too many rights when it comes  to reproduction. Since there is no difference between host as in petri dish and host as in female human, we can safely grant the latter the same rights as the former.

(and to all of you who might not have read this post in the sarcastic voice I wrote it: I AM LIVID)

It is funny, how many Anti-Abortion-Campaigners are in fact Anti life as well, since they do not care one iota about the circumstances of neither the "host" nor the "baby": there are no provisions for rape, incest, severely underage, medical risks and severely ill children.
By reducing a woman to a "Host-status" IMO you are just a hair breath away from using this criminally against women: when "they" can determine who has to go forward with an unwanted pregnancy, what makes us believe that "they" will stop there? "They" might want to get the right to determine who is going to become pregnant and who not.

And the idiotic idea of a woman needing her husband's (and sexual partner's) agreement? 
We need their Okay, but if they deny this they still can't be forced to pay child support, medical bills or simply to actively include themselves in raising the child. Most court's simply shrug their collective shoulders when a mother sues her partner for any of this. Daddy might get a slap on his fingers, a mild tststs from the judge, but there is no real pressure for him to pay. Once he is out of state, many are home free. If you fail to pay a traffic ticket they are on you like a a killer bee on a mission, if you are neglecting to pay for your children and your children actually starve, well too bad.

And we are complaining about the horrible gender inequality of the muslim religion? I fear, that the male dominance is wetting the western male's appetite for superiority over the blasted females.

the way the west (christianity)  and east (Islam) are racing to the bottom of the barrel on gender (and other inequality!) it'll be neck to neck who gets to the mucky bottom first  Dead

you won't be able to tell them apart soon Dead Snare

G

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2017, 04:07:25 PM »

the way the west (christianity)  and east (Islam) are racing to the bottom of the barrel on gender (and other inequality!) it'll be neck to neck who gets to the mucky bottom first  Dead

G

This picture was shot in Cabul in the 1970s: Young women modern, open, possibly on their way to university, to education and independence. We in the west often think that the middle east is stuck in the middle ages when it comes to education, independence and women's freedom and equality. Well perhaps we are wrong and they are 30 years ahead.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2017, 01:48:37 AM »

G

This picture was shot in Cabul in the 1970s: Young women modern, open, possibly on their way to university, to education and independence. We in the west often think that the middle east is stuck in the middle ages when it comes to education, independence and women's freedom and equality. Well perhaps we are wrong and they are 30 years ahead.

they're NOW showing similar photos in ISTANBUL  Dead

G Cry

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: