Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: George H.W. and Barbara Bush both hospitalized  (Read 3630 times)
cowgrrl

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2017, 09:03:23 PM »

Bar reminds me so much of my grandmother, including the white hair & jewel-toned suits. I hope they can both recover. 

As an aside, all US Presidents have to create a plan for their funeral.  It details exactly what is to happen (Are they to lie in state at the US capitol?  Where will they be buried?, etc).  GHWBs plan involves his Presidential Library in College Station, TX.  That's only a few hours from me & when the time comes, I'm hoping my family can visit & pay respects. 
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2017, 01:15:32 AM »

They looked fairly well at the SB, especially Barbara Smiley
cordtx

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2017, 01:29:33 AM »

So happy to see them! And so glad  they got such a good response from the crowd and all the players.
Duchess of Verona

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2017, 01:55:50 AM »

Honestly, compared to who we have now, GHWB looks like a saint and a genius. At least he was prepared!
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2017, 02:27:23 AM »

Honestly, compared to who we have now, GHWB looks like a saint and a genius. At least he was prepared!

I have developed a soft spot for Bush I in recent years.  It made me very sad to see how frail he looked today, but at the same time, I was glad to see that he at least made it out of the hospital and was well enough to be at that game.  I hope he and Barbara continue to get well. 
lellobeetle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2017, 11:55:49 PM »

So happy to see them! And so glad  they got such a good response from the crowd and all the players.

I'm a native of Houston and we love George and Barbara down there in their hometown (and mine). They are pretty highly respected there. Two of my nieces were at the game along with their husband/fiancee.

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2017, 05:06:41 AM »

^^^^I am very jealous of your nieces, Lellobeetle!  I'd love to go to a Super Bowl.   Thumb up

They are very lovely young ladies.  At first glance, I thought the niece in the first picture was Jenna Bush.  They kind of look alike.
TexasBear

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2017, 05:23:25 AM »

I'm a native of Houston and we love George and Barbara down there in their hometown (and mine). They are pretty highly respected there. Two of my nieces were at the game along with their husband/fiancee.

Star for Houstonians!
lellobeetle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2017, 02:12:33 AM »

Thanks, ladies!  My sister-in-law (mother of these girls) works privately (not the team) for the owner of the Houston Texans. They have season tickets to the Texans and this year they were able to purchase at face value the tickets for the girls, Stephanie (top) and Lindsey (bottom) to attend the game. Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, I'm sure.

cowgrrl

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2017, 03:50:24 AM »

I teared up when I saw them both.  Daddy Bush & Bar (as we call them around the house here in TX) are some of my favorite people.  I listened to a podcast that talked about his Presidency & why he lost his bid for re-election.  Gave me a lot of insight into he is as a person. 
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2017, 07:34:34 AM »

IIRC, didn't GW take a ride on the 'vomit comet' and later go sky-diving on a significant birthday?
I couldn't believe he would try that - and yet he did.

GW was part of another era that put great store in the dignity of the position as an
elected federal representative. There is a coarseness to federal govt at the moment.
G&B are one of the iconic political couples, well-paired and in tune to each other.

Things ain't what they used to be and never were.
Kimothy

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2017, 12:36:38 PM »

I was in 3rd grade when Bush Sr ran and won.  I remember the mock election we had in class in the fall of 1988 and "voted" for Bush. Then, a few months later, going to another teacher's classroom to watch the inauguration.  We sat on the floor, Indian style, looking up at the tv screen.

I was just a kid during his presidency but, even then, I liked the guy.  I have Barbara's bio (the first one she wrote, soon after her husband's presidency) and really liked it.

Though I didn't vote for Bush Jr., I very much respect him and feel that he was the guy we needed during 9/11.  I also love former first lady, Laura, (I'm a huge reader too so that helps  Wink) and love the relationship they have.  Those Bush men married some great, strong women (well, most Bush men....Billy is a different story!  Dead).
Duchess of Verona

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2017, 04:39:44 PM »

I teared up when I saw them both.  Daddy Bush & Bar (as we call them around the house here in TX) are some of my favorite people.  I listened to a podcast that talked about his Presidency & why he lost his bid for re-election.  Gave me a lot of insight into he is as a person. 
While I did not agree with his politics, he is an honorable man who was QUALIFIED to be the President. I thought it was ingeneous of them to check into the hospital to be 'unable to attend' the inauguration, yet be well enough in only a few days to go to the Super Bowl . Well played, Mr President!
cowgrrl

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2017, 04:21:29 AM »

While I did not agree with his politics, he is an honorable man who was QUALIFIED to be the President. I thought it was ingeneous of them to check into the hospital to be 'unable to attend' the inauguration, yet be well enough in only a few days to go to the Super Bowl . Well played, Mr President!

To be fair to them both, they live in Houston, where the Super Bowl was played & the game was played in a domed stadium so a bit different weather situation than being outside in DC in January. 

All the former POTUS seem to have a friendly relationship with each other, including spouses.  It will be interesting to see how they are around POTUS Trump. 
lellobeetle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2017, 11:09:38 PM »

Just to clarify it is GHW Bush - the senior of the Bushes
or GW Bush  -  the junior of the Bushes.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: