Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RIP Mary Tyler Moore  (Read 854 times)
lellobeetle

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« on: January 25, 2017, 08:48:15 PM »

Mary Tyler Moore has passed away.

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 08:50:37 PM »

So sad!  Had she been ill? 

All hail the future King Nobstante!!
Knight Grand Cross in the Order of the Whorish Spanx
https://31.media.tumblr.c...ine_mzekcuA9Ln1snsa9a.jpg
LauraMarie

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 08:52:45 PM »

So sad!  Had she been ill? 

https://www.yahoo.com/cel...yler-moore-194111602.html

This article lists some of the health problems she's had in the past.

That said I hadn't heard anything recently until this morning when TMZ reported she was in grave condition.
lellobeetle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 08:55:04 PM »

I always related to her for her work for Type 1 Diabetes and for speaking to getting it in her 30's, which is my experience as well.

temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2017, 04:52:57 AM »

Brilliant actress - with all the complications that come with diabetes, we've been fortunate to have her around this long.
RIP
Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Sudan Sudan

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2017, 05:57:09 AM »

My God this morning my newspaper's article about Mary Tyler Moore had a gorgeous  photo of her where she looked EXACTLY like Meghan Markle! (Hope I'm allowed to mention that Maria!) Anyone else seen/noticed that photo?
CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2017, 03:11:12 PM »

I wanted to be Mary Richards! The first couple of seasons, she had the best outfits. RIP sweet MTM
Suzerain

Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Still not queen, Maz reacts

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2017, 03:48:14 PM »

I always related to her for her work for Type 1 Diabetes and for speaking to getting it in her 30's, which is my experience as well.

Thank you for mentioning this as it made me search for more information on this. I thought you could only get Type 1 as a small child but her story proves I was wrong. Now I know more about it.  Thumb up

Sadly I was not very familiar with Mary Tyler Moore's work other than hearing about it as someone mentioned her on one comedy show or the other. I guess they either showed her show on TV before I was born or not at all. I'd like to know more about her and I'll now try to find out if I could see some of it online.
lellobeetle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2017, 07:34:18 PM »

Thank you for mentioning this as it made me search for more information on this. I thought you could only get Type 1 as a small child but her story proves I was wrong. Now I know more about it.  Thumb up

And she always mentioned it as juvenile diabetes because I believe she was a spokesman for the JDRF Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. However, I was 37 when my autoimmune system (I have several other autoimmune diseases as well) decided to attack my pancreas and throw me into diabetic ketoacidosis where your blood becomes acidic. I also admired her honesty about not always taking care of her diabetes, which is common when someone gets diabetic burnout - i.e. couldn't care less anymore.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: