Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quebec Mosque Shooting  (Read 1353 times)
armchair fashionista

Baby Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« on: January 30, 2017, 06:26:32 PM »

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/ne...osque-gun-shots-1.3957686

I noticed a topic hasn't been started yet. This is so sad and horrible. No
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 06:41:37 PM »

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/ne...osque-gun-shots-1.3957686

I noticed a topic hasn't been started yet. This is so sad and horrible. No

So much death and hate in the world.  It just gets worse every day.  My hearts go out to the community and the families of the innocent people who were murdered.   Cry

I hope police are stepping up efforts to patrol mosques.  We just had a mosque set on fire in Texas over the weekend.  Disgusting.

All hail the future King Nobstante!!
Knight Grand Cross in the Order of the Whorish Spanx
https://31.media.tumblr.c...ine_mzekcuA9Ln1snsa9a.jpg
lellobeetle

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 06:49:05 PM »

I hope to God we can discuss this rationally.

My question related to your link above is why didn't they report that eye witnesses reported the suspects yelled Allahu Akbar? To me that is pretty important because this is all being blamed on the current world tone as triggered by out "racist" immigration policy. I say this in quotes because the entire policy, for example the 7 banned countries, are based directly on the work from 2011 of the Obama Administration. I won't go into that angle any further but I'll quote this from a the UK Telegraph media site. I hope this media site is acceptable.

http://www.telegraph.co.u...rested-gun-attack-mosque/

An eyewitness said one of the attackers spoke in a "Quebecois accent," while another claimed they shouted "Allahu akbar" before opening fire.

I hope to God this is not some conservative nutjob - that's all I'll say - because I'll be devastated. I pray for support and healing within our communities at this time and for peace and healing for our Muslim brothers and sisters who were slaughtered during PRAYERS for God's sake.

armchair fashionista

Baby Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 07:11:53 PM »

The police just reported that of the two suspects arrested. One is a witness.

But on cbc news this morning a witness yesterday said that he saw 2 men in masks.

LittleThunder

Huge Member

France France

Forever my Queen.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 08:19:45 PM »

Cry Ranting Dash2 Sad

"Canadian police say six people are dead and eight wounded after a shooting at a mosque, Sunday night in Quebec. Two suspects are in custody. (Jan. 30) AP"

Nobody is safe from these handfuls of mad people...

http://www.usatoday.com/s...ttack-terrorism/97233660/
A suspect was in custody Monday in connection with the shooting deaths of six people at a mosque, an incident the Canadian prime minister labeled as terrorism.

Authorities here identified two men being held in the mass shooting ? a very rare occurrence in Canada ? but said only one man was a suspect and the other is considered a witness.

Quebec City court clerk Isabelle Ferland named the two men as Alexandre Bissonnette and Mohamed el Khadir, but police declined to say which one was the suspect.

At a press conference on Monday afternoon, a police spokesperson said the two are being interrogated but declined to discuss any possible motive. He did confirm the two are Canadian citizens who reside in Quebec.

"We condemn this terrorist attack on Muslims in a center of worship and refuge," Trudeau said in a statement about Sunday night's attack during evening prayers. "It is heart-wrenching to see such senseless violence. Diversity is our strength, and religious tolerance is a value that we, as Canadians, hold dear."

Quebec police say one of the men was arrested at the scene of the attack that also injured eight people. The second man called 911 from his car, saying he was armed but wanted to cooperate with police, the AP reported Denis Turcotte of Quebec police said the man stopped and said he was waiting for police to come and get him. He was arrested near Ile d?Orleans around 9 p.m., according to the AP.

The National Council of Canadian Muslims said there has been an increase in hate crimes, with at least a dozen mosques vandalized across the country last year. However, there have been no incidents of anti-Muslim killings until now.

President Trump called Trudeau Monday to express condolences about the mosque attack.

Iran condemned the deadly shooting, calling it ?inhumane and criminal.? Foreign Ministry spokesman Bahram Ghasemi said the attack shows that ?terrorism is not confined to one region or a few countries,? state-media reported.

The lights on the Eiffel Tower will be turned off at midnight to honor the victims, Paris Mayor Anne Hidalgo said. She said in a twee Monday that the action would send a ?fraternal message to everyone in Quebec and in Canada.?

Quebec Premier Philippe Couillard said at a news conference that the "Muslim community was the target of this murderous attack."

It comes amid heightened tensions worldwide over Trump?s ban on admitting refugees to the U.S. and travel restrictions from certain Muslim countries.

"Muslim-Canadians are an important part of our national fabric, and these senseless acts have no place in our communities, cities and country," Trudeau said in his statement. "Canadian law enforcement agencies will protect the rights of all Canadians, and will make every effort to apprehend the perpetrators of this act and all acts of intolerance."

In response to Trump's refugee and travel ban, Trudeau on Saturday had posted a message on Twitter saying, "To those fleeing persecution, terror & war, Canadians will welcome you, regardless of your faith. Diversity is our strength #WelcomeToCanada."

Since Trudeau's election in 2015, 39,000 Syrian refugees have been admitted to Canada.

Authorities in Canada said that there would be an increased police presence around mosques following the attack and the New York Police Department said it would also increase patrols at mosques and other houses of worship. "Our prayers tonight are with the people of Quebec City," New York City Mayor Bill Blasio said in a tweet.

In June, the same mosque was targeted in a hate crime during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan. In that incident, a worshipper found a pig's head left at the mosque's doorstep. It was accompanied by a note that read, "Bon app?tit," the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation reported. Islam prohibits pork consumption.

Toppo reported from McLean, Va.

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 10:30:08 PM »

I hope to God we can discuss this rationally.

My question related to your link above is why didn't they report that eye witnesses reported the suspects yelled Allahu Akbar? To me that is pretty important because this is all being blamed on the current world tone as triggered by out "racist" immigration policy. I say this in quotes because the entire policy, for example the 7 banned countries, are based directly on the work from 2011 of the Obama Administration. I won't go into that angle any further but I'll quote this from a the UK Telegraph media site. I hope this media site is acceptable.

http://www.telegraph.co.u...rested-gun-attack-mosque/

An eyewitness said one of the attackers spoke in a "Quebecois accent," while another claimed they shouted "Allahu akbar" before opening fire.

I hope to God this is not some conservative nutjob - that's all I'll say - because I'll be devastated. I pray for support and healing within our communities at this time and for peace and healing for our Muslim brothers and sisters who were slaughtered during PRAYERS for God's sake.

It's quite possible that (and we won't know the truth unless one of the suspects honestly explains this)it was said ironically and sarcastically and not by a person committing this act of murder in the name of Islam.  The only way it will be important and add anything constructive to the story is if the suspects start honestly talking about their motives.

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2017, 10:38:19 PM »

And unfortunately, it's looking like the suspect is indeed a conservative.  The article describes him as an "conservative, far-right, anti-immigrant troll".  Ugh. Scumbag.  

I hope he rots in prison.  

http://globalnews.ca/news...as-alexandre-bissonnette/

And no, the Obama administration did not have the exact same policy in 2011 regarding immigration:

http://foreignpolicy.com/...m&utm_campaign=buffer
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 11:42:24 PM by pixiecat » Logged

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2017, 11:38:18 PM »

Horrible news! prayers for the victims (and their relatives, friends)
lellobeetle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2017, 12:17:33 AM »

Thanks for your information and responses, Pixiecat.  Hug

So far as you've indicated, the reports don't look good as he is being called a pro-trump supporter.

There's something even worse about homegrown terrorists - for us I'm thinking of Timothy McVeigh. I'm so offended when a house of worship is turned into a site of murder and terror - i.e. Dylann Roof in Charleston by way of another example.

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2017, 01:20:31 AM »

Thanks for your information and responses, Pixiecat.  Hug

So far as you've indicated, the reports don't look good as he is being called a pro-trump supporter.

There's something even worse about homegrown terrorists - for us I'm thinking of Timothy McVeigh. I'm so offended when a house of worship is turned into a site of murder and terror - i.e. Dylann Roof in Charleston by way of another example.

You're welcome!   Star

I wish they wouldn't call him a pro-Trump supporter, especially since he's Canadian.  It doesn't explain his actions.  Unless he says, "I did this in the name of Trump" then all it does is fuel the reactions and divisiveness.  Most likely, he was "inspired" by racism, hate, and mental illness. I'm a bleeding heart liberal who loathes Trump, but at the same time, people who do things like this have probably held these views longer than a couple of months. I'm glad they took him alive-now he'll have to face punishment and I hope it's life in a very small cell.

And I completely agree with you about homegrown terrorists.  Disgusting.  Absolutely disgusting people. 

temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2017, 04:20:27 AM »

the shooter is a product of anti-Muslim  rhetoric. He was pro-LePen.

I am heartsick it happened here.

?He was not overtly racist or Islamophobic, but he had borderline misogynist, Islamophobic viewpoints,? said Vincent Boissonneault, who is taking International Studies at Universit? Laval. ?Unfortunately, that?s become more or less acceptable these days.?

But its no reason to shoot at anyone! He is a coward and a terrorist. He reminds me of Marc Lepine. Another Canadian terrorist.
lellobeetle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2017, 04:44:31 AM »

He reminds me of Marc Lepine. Another Canadian terrorist.

I guess because I was at university then I had no clue about this event and am reading about this terrible event now. Thank you for sharing this so that I can understand that we have shared experiences as this is relate-able to our homegrown terrorist Timothy McVeigh, who killed 168 people and injured 680 people - and targeted a children's daycare in the federal building at Oklahoma City via a fertilizer bomb.

My takeaway from these horrible hate-filled events is to make certain we put the responsibility on the terrorists and not others - trump or congress or Obama or whoever - but on McVeigh himself and Alexandre Bissonnette himself.  Hug

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: