Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tara Palmer Tomkinson found dead  (Read 3325 times)
jigmesjigga

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2017, 02:11:56 PM »

I'm not sure how you misread my post but I didn't imply any of that. I said they did do everything right and Tara had all the right ingredients to be a successful human being in whatever she chose to do - she just chose to stay at the party too long.

The residual effects of cocaine addiction killed a good friend of mine at a similar age many years after she quit. She lost the septum in her nose and developed asthma that she hadn't had before. She died of an asthma attack.
Suzerain

Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Still not queen, Maz reacts

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2017, 02:54:13 PM »

Well, this was a bit of a shocking news story and sad too.  Sad

http://www.telegraph.co.u...inson-found-dead-cleaner/

I always find it tragic that five days can pass by without none of the "close friends" and family members trying to call or becoming concerned about the well-being or whereabouts of their friend/relative and then to be found dead by a cleaner.  Sad People have their own lives and are busy but still it shocks me how little people really care about each other. I know this because I'm the one calling people regularly seeing if they're ok and I am often told that no-one else has called. These are mostly old people (relatives) I'm trying to take care of but they do have other people living close by who just don't pay any attention.

So I'm taking all these shocked statements by other socialites and so-called besties with a tiny grain of salt. None of them seemed to be anywhere around in the last few weeks.

I wonder what is the final truth about her last weeks. According to the builders they hadn't seen her in three weeks and four days and no-one even thought of checking on her when there was a leak from her apartment. They say they "heard her hoovering" a week ago on Wednesday but I suspect that was the cleaning lady as she visited once a week and was there yesterday which is when she found the body. So... It seems she has been alive until Friday when they heard a loud bang but no-one did anything. How could she lie there dead for five days without anyone noticing a thing? Very sad.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 03:03:39 PM by Suzerain » Logged
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2017, 03:09:23 PM »

If a socialite like TPT had indeed not been answering social media, what'sapp etc for 4 days (she was apparently fit enough to vacuum clean her floors on Saturday) then yes, I would wonder why her friends have not raised an alarm. A 4 day silence is virtually unheard of (and I'm not even being sarcastic). Alas since we don't know when she died, we can't judge yet.
Still I do think most of those people now twittering about the "beautiful soul" and "gratefulness for having known her", "the immense grief lalala" are jumping into the limelight for their own 2 min of fame connected to the sad fate of a woman, they probably couldn't care less and who probably wouldn't have given them the time of day.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Lady Willoughby

Big Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2017, 03:34:17 PM »

It is desperately sad that people go so long without talking to anyone...parents, siblings, ANYone. It's so unfathomable that someone of her age was not heard from in that amount of time & people were like "meh" ?

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2017, 03:42:23 PM »

It's very sad. She had such a troubled life and then to die so young and seemingly alone. Horrible.
Noodlesza

Gigantic Member

South Africa South Africa

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2017, 03:19:23 PM »

Her family say she passed peacefully in her bed

http://www.dailymail.co.u...ied-peacefully-sleep.html

Keen!
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2017, 04:12:21 PM »

I hope she did, though very few die unexpectedly in their sleep. Those who do usually die of a cardiac arrest. But neither an overdose nor a massive stroke are peaceful.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Suzerain

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2017, 04:33:48 PM »

There's no telling what killed her though. I just read in the news yesterday about a girl who partied for two days taking cocaine and then went to bed. Her sister found her dead in the morning. Cause of death was determined as drug overdose but I don't know what happened. Might have been a cardiac arrest or a vein in the brain bursting (I forget the fancy name for this).

Then again, the rough lifestyle years before might have caused some damage to her heart. It's not that uncommon that people who had a drug problem in the past suddenly die years later in their sleep. Cardiac arrest is the most peaceful (and merciful) way to go though. It happens so fast you don't have time to even realize what is happening, even if you're wide awake.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2017, 04:52:32 PM »

Hhm, an aneurysm, a sudden stroke, cardiac arrest: there are several possibilities.
Though I would have thought that following her brain tumor diagnosis, she had been carefully vetted as to whether or not there are constricted or blocked blood vessels resulting from the growth of the tumor.
She would have also been thoroughly tested as to how her heart, liver and kidneys are doing considering that the medication is quite a handful.
As I said earlier, abusers of any substance have an altered threshold of pain, and a different tolerance for any sort of medication, their bodies being already used to chemical stimuli that other patients don't have. I consider it feasible that perhaps she mixed her tumor medication with substances that interfered badly, be it alcohol, or some drugs and that this pushed the body too far.

Mary's life motto:
Suzerain

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2017, 04:59:14 PM »

Maybe so but they also have to outweigh the benefits and the risks and they might have chosen to take the risks. There's very little they can do once there is damage to the heart. It is probably up to the patient if they are willing to take the risk. In any case I thought the treatment for the tumor had already been discontinued after the tumor disappeared. They are not saying what autoimmune disease she was suffering from and did she have medication for that.
Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2017, 12:16:14 AM »

I hope this link works ... great photo but also a warning about the vagaries of fake tan.

shastadaisy

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2017, 01:47:34 AM »

She always reminded me of Stephanie of Monaco, kind of the eternal child and a little girl lost.

Her parents strike me as very private, so there isn't much to glean from their statement that the death was peaceful. It is probably their wish to shut down speculation and grieve privately.
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2017, 05:40:52 AM »

There's no telling what killed her though. I just read in the news yesterday about a girl who partied for two days taking cocaine and then went to bed. Her sister found her dead in the morning. Cause of death was determined as drug overdose but I don't know what happened. Might have been a cardiac arrest or a vein in the brain bursting (I forget the fancy name for this).

Then again, the rough lifestyle years before might have caused some damage to her heart. It's not that uncommon that people who had a drug problem in the past suddenly die years later in their sleep. Cardiac arrest is the most peaceful (and merciful) way to go though. It happens so fast you don't have time to even realize what is happening, even if you're wide awake.

there will HAVE to be a coronial inquiry into her death. she did not die at the hospital or in front of a medical person.

sooner or later that very private 'coronial inquiry' into her very private death will leak out to the public.

Sad. but true fact of life.  Dead

G Crap

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Princess MS

Warned
Micro Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2017, 10:20:51 AM »

I am single and in my late 50's - I have brothers and sister who live nowhere near me, and friends more locally - but over the past 6 years have worked away from home, and so the connections are not as strong. It is not as though no-one cares - but I could be dead for quite a while and no-one would know . . .  my neighbours are used to me being away so if they did not see me for months they would not be concerned. That is just a fact of life
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2017, 03:41:55 PM »

Cause of death:

http://www.telegraph.co.u...-causes-perforated-ulcer/
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: