Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tara Palmer Tomkinson found dead  (Read 3327 times)
Suzerain

Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Still not queen, Maz reacts

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2017, 04:09:46 PM »

That's a terrible way to die.  Sad I wonder if she truly was in high spirits before her death as you would think a condition like that was painful. Comments under the DM article seem to suggest that the ulcer and peritonitis might have been caused by earlier cocaine use as apparently it causes a lot of stomach and bowel problems even years after use.

I thought people didn't die of such things like stomach ulcers these days but perhaps they still do. Somehow this statement did not clear all the questions that remain. The thing that puzzles me is the "no brain tumour" thing. So she lied? The tumour had already shrunk away with treatment? It had been removed? What was the autoimmune illness she had, did it contribute to her death?

I don't think we'll get the answers though. I just can't shake the feeling she could've been saved.
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2017, 10:37:00 PM »

I don't think we'll get the answers though. I just can't shake the feeling she could've been saved.
I agree on both counts. The whole thing is very sad.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2017, 02:02:40 PM »

Well, peacefully is something else.
An ulcer is rarely very quiet and any sort of rupture is somewhat painful.
A peritonitis however is extremely painful, either with heavy pain locally or more diffuse. High fever, vomiting and diarrhea come with it.
If not treated, the patient suffers from elevated white blood cells, loss of hydration (very serious loss!) and loss of blood pressure, rapid pulse, rapid breathing, cold sweat, eventually organ failure or septic schock.
In any case, you don't fall asleep, you lose consciousness.
And it doesn't happen in your sleep, you will wake up!

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2017, 02:14:26 PM »

The thing that puzzles me is the "no brain tumour" thing. So she lied? The tumour had already shrunk away with treatment? It had been removed?

Her sister is saying she never had a brain tumor, that she lied Crazy Crazy

Immediately following yesterday's tweets, it was not clear if Mrs Montefiore meant her sister had the tumour removed before her death or that she had never suffered from one. But last night she revealed claims Tara had never had a brain tumour were 'correct'.Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.dailymail.co.u...n-NEVER-brain-tumour.html

This is whole story is just sad! No

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Olya

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2017, 04:16:47 PM »

Tara Palmer-Tomkinson died of a perforated stomach ulcer which could have suddenly worsened overnight.

It causes a condition called peritonitis - which can be fatal if it isn't treated immediately.

But the symptoms can be so agonising that many are left unable to move as it would worsen the pain.

This delay in seeking urgent help would have allowed for bacteria in her stomach to spread around her body, giving her deadly blood poisoning, also known as sepsis.

And in turn, some of her major organs could have shut themselves down and stopped working as a result of the infection.

Around one in 10 people are believed to develop stomach ulcers at some point in their lives.

They can be caused by drinking too much alcohol, smoking cigarettes and being very ill.

And with treatment, most can heal within just two months. But in rare cases peritonitis can occur as a result of perforation.

It is unsure how many people develop the complication each year, but an estimated one in 10 patients will die as a result of it.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.u...n-NEVER-brain-tumour.html

The dm have their info from the NHS site.

Apparently these ulcers are quite common among longtime cocaine users. It is her party and drug use that have ultimately caught up with her. Some people, although clean for a long time and living a healthy lifestyle, can still suddenly develop problems or die many years after coming clean. It is always sad when someone dies young, I was quite taken aback when reading the news, but you really have to try to make the right choices and I'd hope that it's maybe a wakeup call to others or scares people off from using drugs.

That brain tumor, aparently she had a bit of a growth, which most people have, which is harmless and cannot be classified as tumor.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: