Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2017 Charlene - NEWS & EVENTS  (Read 71467 times)
Phina

Large Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: August 22, 2017, 02:06:37 PM »

More photos from the event:

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: August 22, 2017, 04:49:28 PM »

How sweet 
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: August 23, 2017, 01:34:49 AM »

wonderful pix of the twins

Tatini

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: August 23, 2017, 10:12:15 AM »

Both twins are gorgeous, hopefully we'll see some of their grandma's legendary good looks in them as they grow
IrishLass

Mini Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: August 23, 2017, 02:47:50 PM »

Lovely photos. Thank you, Phina!  Smiley I wasn't a Charlene fan when she first appeared on the scene in Monaco. I thought she seemed quite rude and not interested in anything other than the title and the perks of being Albert's girlfriend. I don't know if the rumors about her trying to flee before the wedding are true or not, but I have grown to quite like her in the last six years. She is clearly a devoted, loving, and involved mother and a loving and supportive wife. She is fully engaged with her foundation and seems to receive a great deal of praise from both those involved in the foundation and those who are able to take advantage of the programs and events it offers. I think she probably does speak French, maybe not fluently or with a proper accent, but the speech she gave in French during the celebration's of Albert's 10 years on the throne indicated to me, a native speaker, that she has at least a decent grasp. Some people are just naturally shy about speaking a foreign language in public. When I speak Russian among friends, it's flows so easily! But when I have to use it during a work function, I stumble all over myself, which makes me even more fearful of the next time I have to speak it. It's a never-ending cycle!  Smiley I met Charlene at the Red Cross Ball in 2013 and thought she was absolutely lovely: friendly, engaged, able to easily make small talk with the guests around her, demonstrably affectionate with Albert ... She may not be the smartest person from an intellectual standpoint, but she is emotionally intelligent, e.g., able to connect with people from all walks of life, and in her role, that's a terribly important character trait to have.
Phina

Large Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: August 23, 2017, 03:01:16 PM »

Lovely photos. Thank you, Phina!  Smiley I wasn't a Charlene fan when she first appeared on the scene in Monaco. I thought she seemed quite rude and not interested in anything other than the title and the perks of being Albert's girlfriend. I don't know if the rumors about her trying to flee before the wedding are true or not, but I have grown to quite like her in the last six years. She is clearly a devoted, loving, and involved mother and a loving and supportive wife. She is fully engaged with her foundation and seems to receive a great deal of praise from both those involved in the foundation and those who are able to take advantage of the programs and events it offers. I think she probably does speak French, maybe not fluently or with a proper accent, but the speech she gave in French during the celebration's of Albert's 10 years on the throne indicated to me, a native speaker, that she has at least a decent grasp. Some people are just naturally shy about speaking a foreign language in public. When I speak Russian among friends, it's flows so easily! But when I have to use it during a work function, I stumble all over myself, which makes me even more fearful of the next time I have to speak it. It's a never-ending cycle!  Smiley I met Charlene at the Red Cross Ball in 2013 and thought she was absolutely lovely: friendly, engaged, able to easily make small talk with the guests around her, demonstrably affectionate with Albert ... She may not be the smartest person from an intellectual standpoint, but she is emotionally intelligent, e.g., able to connect with people from all walks of life, and in her role, that's a terribly important character trait to have.

I really liked reading your thoughts (I share them too) and it's lovely to learn about you meeting Charlene. She sounds nice.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: August 23, 2017, 04:53:19 PM »

the blue....that's exactly what Albert said he loves about her....and you just confirmed it  Star

Great to hear it's not just a newspaper hype, but true indeed. Thanks Irish  Thumb up

Phina

Large Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: August 23, 2017, 04:59:09 PM »

....that's exactly what Albert said he loves about her....and you just confirmed it  Star

Great to hear it's not just a newspaper hype, but true indeed. Thanks Irish  Thumb up

It's so lovely that Albert said this too!   
IrishLass

Mini Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: August 23, 2017, 07:44:10 PM »

the blue....that's exactly what Albert said he loves about her....and you just confirmed it  Star

Great to hear it's not just a newspaper hype, but true indeed. Thanks Irish  :thumbup:

Really?? I didn't know that! Well, there you go: it is indeed true!  Champagne Going into the room where the ball was being held, I expected her to be ... I don't know ... as stuffy and arrogant as you would imagine people of that rank to be, but she was so down-to-earth and just ... warm. I remember being introduced to her by my husband and feeling exceptionally nervous. But my gosh, she immediately put me at ease and in an instant the nerves were gone. I'm a painfully shy person by nature, so for her to be able to put me at ease like that is nothing short of a miracle!  Oh, and I just have to add that her lovely South African accent is absolutely charming in person! I hope Jacques and Gabrielle manage to have a touch of it when they speak English.
Purple

Large Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: August 24, 2017, 01:55:20 PM »

I know we speak about her "fake" face, but I don't think she's a fake person at all.

In Charlene's case, her real smile can be seen in her eyes - they are very expressive
RoyalMusings

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: August 24, 2017, 03:07:17 PM »

That's a beautiful dress Gabriella has on. So cute. I love how A&C are teaching the children their duties early on.
Tatini

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: August 24, 2017, 04:56:28 PM »

I like Charlene a lot, she exudes warmth and kindness. I do wish she had kept her original face, she was a stunning woman.
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: August 26, 2017, 03:07:19 PM »

Charlene looks great in these photos, very relaxed, happy and natural w/minimal makeup. it's a good look Yes
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: August 26, 2017, 06:59:29 PM »

Charlene looks fantastic in these pics. She exudes so much warmth and she looks so at ease here. I love following her and I'd love to meet her one day. She looks so nice and kind.

Also, she has the best style of any royal lady I can think of.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: August 26, 2017, 08:52:04 PM »

Charlene looks fantastic in these pics. She exudes so much warmth and she looks so at ease here. I love following her and I'd love to meet her one day. She looks so nice and kind.

Also, she has the best style of any royal lady I can think of.

that's so true, Harls  Star Yes

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: