Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2017 Charlene - NEWS & EVENTS  (Read 44494 times)
ortensia

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: August 11, 2017, 01:16:28 PM »

I think Charlene likes her appearance and keeps doing whatever is necessary to keep it that way.
De gustibus non est disputandum.
Or not?Huh???😜😜
Tinika

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: August 11, 2017, 04:21:35 PM »

I think Charlene likes her appearance and keeps doing whatever is necessary to keep it that way.
De gustibus non est disputandum.
Or not?Huh???😜😜

I think she just does whatever she's told, and not much else.
Hibou

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: August 11, 2017, 11:45:31 PM »

She was younger at that time, it was in 2006, 11 years, after this time, the women get older

I prefer Charlene now, she is more beautiful

I read the same song of the persons who don't like her , she was more beautiful when she arrived in Monaco but at that time, the same persons criticed her for a nose which was ugly, her teeth  or her wingles , her shoulders they said at that times that she was not enough beautiful to be the princess of Monaco , and now  they are seeing botox  and chirurgical surgery, what Charlene is doing, she will be always criticed.

When Charlene first arrived on the scene, she did not have the means to take care of her skin and I think she was wise to have taken advantage of top professionals for that, but she over-did the plastic surgery and botox. If you look at a lot of Monaco women, they too have over done it and the same for some Hollywood celebrities. At least she seems to have cut back on some of the fillers and injections so perhaps she is at last becoming comfortable in her own skin as they say. JMO
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: August 12, 2017, 01:27:49 PM »

I read the same song of the persons who don't like her... and now  they are seeing botox  and chirurgical surgery, what Charlene is doing, she will be always criticed.

I like Charlene but it is obvious - to me, anyway - that she has had a tremendous amount of plastic surgery, and it's ruining her once-attractive face. Sad
Stanne

Micro Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: August 12, 2017, 04:40:39 PM »

I hope she will stop the surgery and accept to age

I am less horrified now by the traces of scalpel. I see more and more beautiful radiant pictures of her, very beautiful eyes and smile...

The fact that she seems to have a more harmonious life now and an interesting personality counts a lot  Yes
Lady Hermione

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: August 13, 2017, 02:45:01 PM »

She was younger at that time, it was in 2006, 11 years, after this time, the women get older

I prefer Charlene now, she is more beautiful

I read the same song of the persons who don't like her , she was more beautiful when she arrived in Monaco but at that time, the same persons criticed her for a nose which was ugly, her teeth  or her wingles , her shoulders they said at that times that she was not enough beautiful to be the princess of Monaco , and now  they are seeing botox  and chirurgical surgery, what Charlene is doing, she will be always criticed.

Just to be clear - I like Charlene but I don't think she is perfect and I think she has overdone the plastic surgery. However, I'm sure she doesn't look out of place in Monaco. I just prefer a more natural look.

Yes, I thought she looked fine when she first arrived in Albert's life but I can understand that once she had the means to do so that she might want to undertake some minor corrections or improvements - whatever you want to call it. I never criticised her original looks.

For my personal taste, it's the use of fillers that are too much and I especially noticed her lips at the athletics meet. However, a few days later at the Yersin event it seemed less obvious so either it had calmed down a bit or her make up made the difference.

She is beautiful but I think it's disingenuous to suggest the extremely obvious changes are as a result of the passing of time. And she was pretty before.

I also would like to be able to say what I think without the accusation that it's because I don't like Charlene - there are things I think she does well, there are things I think could be improved and I comment on her plastic surgery because for me it's OTT, not because I don't like her.

blue j

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: August 17, 2017, 10:00:49 AM »

In addition to having lots of unnecessary plastics surgeries, Charlene's face changed so drastically & so many times that I barely recognize her.   Whistle
She still can't speak French, which is the shame.   Dash2

“There are lies, damned lies and statistics.”
SpittingImage

Micro Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: August 17, 2017, 05:12:02 PM »

The "Charlene can't speak French" litany gets old, sometimes.

Perhaps she's not confident about *speaking it in public* with a million cameras on her?

It's hard to learn & become confidently fluent in a second language as an adult. Add in the milieu in which she lives & moves, where English is often more commonly used because there are so many different languages in play, AND her husband's family are bilingual.

I'm bilingual (now), and started learning my second language as a young child. I was *not* comfortable speaking it in public with or in front of strangers until my early 30s. Even today, after 25 years of living and working in that second language, I break into a cold sweat sometimes if I have to get up and make a speech.

The breakthrough - for me - came very fast when I HAD to speak it. Charlene probably hasn't had that opportunity because everyone around her speaks English & it's likely easier for them to just do so.

I have friends who have lived in foreign countries for far FAR longer than Charlene, & who have never managed to get past a basic command of the language, mainly because their family members & social circles speak good English, and said friends just don't get a chance to gain confidence & fluency.
Lizardcandy

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: August 17, 2017, 05:47:08 PM »

As always, just my opinion - I think Charlene was prettier before doing that 'Monaco' look to her face.

This is sad, she barely even looks like the same person. At a glance I though this was a pic of two totally unrelated people!
Rita

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: August 17, 2017, 10:47:28 PM »

sad indeed,i don't know what they are thinking all those ladies don't they have mirror to see the botox effect on their face Sad

Tinika

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: August 18, 2017, 01:27:39 PM »

She's a brainless Stepford Wife-bot.  She's spent her life following coaches' instructions.  She goes where she's told and does what she's told to do without thinking about it, and that includes the massive disfiguring amounts of plastic surgery.  The very first interview she gave after the engagement, when the interviewer asked how she felt about becoming a princess of Monaco, she literally looked at Albert and asked him, "What do you want me to say?.  IN FRONT OF the camera.  She's an automaton.
onar

Large Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: August 18, 2017, 03:06:24 PM »

Wow, I hadn't realised how much she has changed! Does she realise it? What about Albert or her firends? I don't follow Charlene regularly and I don't know anything about her life in Monaco except that when she has an event she is always warm towards people and she seems to know what to do and what to say. Also, the fact that still she doesn't speak french in public... not a good thing. I thought she was more concious about her position and she knows what discipline means.

editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: August 19, 2017, 01:08:19 AM »

Perhaps she's not confident about *speaking it in public* with a million cameras on her?

It's hard to learn & become confidently fluent in a second language as an adult. Add in the milieu in which she lives & moves, where English is often more commonly used because there are so many different languages in play, AND her husband's family are bilingual.

I'm bilingual (now), and started learning my second language as a young child. I was *not* comfortable speaking it in public with or in front of strangers until my early 30s. Even today, after 25 years of living and working in that second language, I break into a cold sweat sometimes if I have to get up and make a speech.

The breakthrough - for me - came very fast when I HAD to speak it. Charlene probably hasn't had that opportunity because everyone around her speaks English & it's likely easier for them to just do so.

I have friends who have lived in foreign countries for far FAR longer than Charlene, & who have never managed to get past a basic command of the language, mainly because their family members & social circles speak good English, and said friends just don't get a chance to gain confidence & fluency.

Good post  Star
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: August 19, 2017, 03:25:00 AM »

She's a brainless Stepford Wife-bot.  She's spent her life following coaches' instructions.  She goes where she's told and does what she's told to do without thinking about it, and that includes the massive disfiguring amounts of plastic surgery.  The very first interview she gave after the engagement, when the interviewer asked how she felt about becoming a princess of Monaco, she literally looked at Albert and asked him, "What do you want me to say?.  IN FRONT OF the camera.  She's an automaton.
I don't care for what she's done to her face. HOWEVER, she shows warmth and kindness to the people she meets, and positively envelopes children (not just her own) in affection; that's not "bot" behavior. And I highly doubt she does that because "Albert tells her to."
Also, that interview you're referring to was seven years ago. Is she perfect now? Of course not. But she has grown into her role very nicely.

All JMO of course. YMM(obviously)D.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 03:35:29 AM by editorathome » Logged
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: August 19, 2017, 03:40:03 AM »

It gets very tiresome  Dead ~ I agree.

Although, Charlene speaks already 2 languages - Afrikaans, and English....hell, estimated 90%-95% of Afrikaans vocabulary is ultimately of Dutch origin. Language pathology shows that mutual understanding between Dutch and Afrikaans is better than between Dutch and Frisian, or between Danish and Swedish....I digress  Cute

Charlene was and is an athlete, and an athlete always strives for the best result, is competitive, and very hard working, not only when practising or competing in a sport. Being an athlete is a way of life. She has succeeded in lots of things, French might be the language that will take her forever to get a grasp of. I believe she speaks it in general, but maybe she herself finds not being good enough.

When William, Duke of Normandy, who was named heir to Edward the Confessor (one of the last Anglo-Saxon kings of England), conquered England at the Battle of Hastings, rulers and nobility of England spoke French, not English for the next 300 years..........LOOOLLLL

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: