Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Comital house of Bernadotte (Mainau)  (Read 2401 times)
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« on: February 12, 2017, 10:25:15 PM »

Countess Diana Bernadotte got married a month ago.  Her bridal look is uhm, interesting.  The side of her head is shaved and they had a stretch Hummer limo.   Laugh bounce Laughing  I do like her bridal bouquet (looks like it was made of jewels or crystals) and the overcoat she wore (but not the lace shawl thingy).

http://www.picturedesk.co...5e-424d-aeba-18e03e869eda

Doesn't look like any of the Swedes were there, which is interesting since they were at Diana's siblings' weddings. 

All hail the future King Nobstante!!
Knight Grand Cross in the Order of the Whorish Spanx
https://31.media.tumblr.c...ine_mzekcuA9Ln1snsa9a.jpg
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 10:27:33 PM »

Article from Paris Match.  This might be the most goth royal/noble wedding I've ever seen.     But good for her for letting her freak flag fly. 

http://www.parismatch.com...adotte-de-Wisborg-1164257

Alexia
Banned
Banned
Small Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 09:31:00 AM »

Christians wife is missing. Are they still married? They have one son as far as I know.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 09:44:39 AM »

I quite like the coat with the dress, it is a great idea for a winter wedding (the little lace number doesn't really cut it for me).
Considering that she looks a tad more punk than your normal girl next door, with her hair shaved at one side, I think she managed to go fairly conservative with her hairstyle and the black coat over white dress for an evening wedding doesn't strike me as "very" gothic. I however never like too much cleavage and I found her girls had a way too prominent view of the church... Angel

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Suzerain

Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Still not queen, Maz reacts

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 09:57:49 AM »

Maybe the SRF were at Diana's first wedding and didn't feel like traveling this time around...? The article clears a few things for me as to who these people are:

Quote from: Paris Match translated
Diana Bernadotte of Wisborg, born in 1982, is the last of the nine children (born of two marriages) of Lennart Bernadotte, a member of the younger branch of the Royal Family of Bernadotte.

Lennart, who died in 2004, was the first cousin of Gustav Adolf of Sweden, Duke of V?sterbotten, the father of the present King of Sweden, Carl XVI Gustaf. It was the Swedish Crown who donated the castle of Mainau to Lennart Bernadotte.  

The civil marriage celebrated Friday is the second for Diana Bernadotte of Wisborg, 34 years. On September 27, 2003, the young woman married Bernd Grawe, 16 years older than her, chimney sweeper responsible for the chimneys at Mainau Castle.

A child was born of this union, February 13, 2004, named Paulina. The couple eventually separated in 2007. Diana Bernadotte from Wisborg is also the mother of a little boy who was born in 2010, Eric Hagen Lennart Bernadotte, and whose father's identity was never revealed - "A private matter" commented her spokesman.  

On Friday, the Countess Diana married Stefan Dedek, 27 years old. The young woman, who became a hatter in 2006, met the cook in 2011, during a bowling party. The couple had announced their engagement in March 2015, specifying 22 months in advance that they wanted to marry in January 2017.

Maybe they could have sent CP and Sofia to this wedding? It's not like they have much to do and they might have enjoyed themselves.

P.S. The place looks absolutely amazing! :O Here's the website of Castle Mainau: http://www.mainau.de/de/herzlich-willkommen.html The PM article is slightly misleading in claiming that the Swedish Crown donated the castle. Wikipedia says Lennart Bernadotte bought it from his father in 1951.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 10:05:39 AM by Suzerain » Logged
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2017, 01:15:21 PM »

I quite like the coat with the dress, it is a great idea for a winter wedding (the little lace number doesn't really cut it for me).
Considering that she looks a tad more punk than your normal girl next door, with her hair shaved at one side, I think she managed to go fairly conservative with her hairstyle and the black coat over white dress for an evening wedding doesn't strike me as "very" gothic. I however never like too much cleavage and I found her girls had a way too prominent view of the church... Angel

I hadn't noticed that before, so reopened the link and had to get through some pictures before I had a clear view of it. Well, not my choice for hairstyle...........
I also like the dress with the long coat, but indeed not with the little thingy
Celia

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 03:51:44 AM »

I thought Lennart inherited it from his grandmother Queen Victoria.  I do find this family interesting, with such close descent from a Russian Grand Duchess (one of the last).
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2017, 08:45:56 AM »

You mean the inheritance of Mainau?

I Googled a bit and found on Wikipedia the following information:

"....Until the Napoleonic mediatisations and secularisations of small German fiefs this island belonged to the Order of Teutonic Knights. It was later sold into private ownership. In 1853 Grand Duke Frederick I of Baden purchased the island as his personal property and used the palace built by the Teutonic Knights as summer palace. At the end of World War I Baden became a republic with the abdication of Grand Duke Frederick II, son of Frederick I. The former Grand Duke retained his private property including Mainau. When he died childless in 1928 the island passed to his sister Victoria of Baden, wife of King Gustaf V of Sweden. Upon her death two years later she bequeathed the island to her second son Prince Wilhelm, Duke of S?dermanland and his descendants. In 1932 Prince Wilhem gave Mainau to his only child Lennart Bernadotte who owned it until 1974 when he transferred the island to a foundation. Count Bernadotte formed Enterprise Mainau GmbH in 1991 as a private enterprise to manage the island for the benefit of the Lennart Bernadotte-Stiftung. The Count remained active in managing Mainau until his death in 2004 but had appointed his second wife Sonja co-manager in 2001. Widowed, she and their children ran both the foundation and the management company until 2007. Since January 2007 Bettina Bernadotte, the eldest daughter of Lennart and Sonja, directs the Mainau GmbH as current manager, and since 2011 her brother Bj?rn Bernadotte has joined her...."
Alexia
Banned
Banned
Small Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2017, 10:12:32 PM »

Right now this stupid Diana sits in the german talkshow "Nachtcafe" on SWR chanel babbling about her new marriage....
Willl be repeated tomorrow. And usually on youtube.
Coya

Big Member

Peru Peru

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2017, 12:34:58 AM »

I don't speak French, just a few words, what the article said? Was her 2nd wedding right ? And this one was just a civil ceremony not church, she has a daughter?

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2017, 06:40:13 PM »

I don't speak French, just a few words, what the article said? Was her 2nd wedding right ? And this one was just a civil ceremony not church, she has a daughter?

She has two kids, a boy and girl.  The daughter is from her first marriage (can't remember his name or why they divorced-he was not royal or famous).  The son's father has never been named, IIRC.  She was not married to him. 

Suzerain

Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Still not queen, Maz reacts

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2017, 07:58:33 PM »

She has two kids, a boy and girl.  The daughter is from her first marriage (can't remember his name or why they divorced-he was not royal or famous).  The son's father has never been named, IIRC.  She was not married to him. 

It's there in my post above. The first husband was a chimney sweeper of the palace.
LittleThunder

Huge Member

France France

Forever my Queen.

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2017, 08:33:48 PM »

Article from Paris Match.  This might be the most goth royal/noble wedding I've ever seen.     But good for her for letting her freak flag fly. 

Star  Shocked Thanks for sharing, it's entertaining !  Cool
I mostly like the idea of this look because I love black & white and medieval clothes, it's quite daring for Gotha wedding.  Yikes The black medievalish coat is beautiful even if it's too much for me (she must a fan of Games of thrones), but the lace bolero looks cheap and unflattering.

I don't like the Skrillex hair style, but the bride I-ve-already-forgotten-her-name is daring and did what she liked, I give her that.  Jumping Laugh bounce

About the flowers... I don't understand what I'm seeing.  Confused 

I don't fancy the limo, it has a Kanye West vibe...  Secret Grin http://resize-parismatch....rnadotte-De-Wisborg-3.jpg

Coya

Big Member

Peru Peru

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2017, 10:32:40 PM »

Thank you Pixie  Thumb up Hug

Tinika

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2017, 07:47:06 AM »

Star  Shocked Thanks for sharing, it's entertaining !  Cool
I mostly like the idea of this look because I love black & white and medieval clothes, it's quite daring for Gotha wedding.  Yikes The black medievalish coat is beautiful even if it's too much for me (she must a fan of Games of thrones), but the lace bolero looks cheap and unflattering.

I don't like the Skrillex hair style, but the bride I-ve-already-forgotten-her-name is daring and did what she liked, I give her that.  Jumping Laugh bounce

About the flowers... I don't understand what I'm seeing.  Confused 

Looks like a brooch bouquet.  Smiley https://uk.pinterest.com/...eta[]=bouquet%7Ctyped

I love it!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: