Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cristina, I?aki and family-Life after Noos  (Read 3450 times)
Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« on: February 17, 2017, 04:14:00 PM »

The future of Cristina de Borbon after the sentence of the 'Noos case' is in Lisbon
The King's younger sister and her four children will move to Portugal at the end of the school year

Cristina de Borbon  has received in Switzerland with her husband and her four children the sentence of the N?os case . Days before she was in Barcelona for work reasons. Her presence, as always that treads Spain in the last months, was very discreet. The youngest daughter of the emeritus Kings lives her own self-imposed exile, which will now continue in Lisbon, where she will move with her four children.
When the N?os case began to uncover, the Urdangarin and Borb?n family settled in Washington in an attempt to protect themselves from public exposure and looking for a professional destination for the then Duke of Palma de Mallorca at Telefonica. Exhausted this stay, the Infanta decided to return to Spain, but the family remained in its house of Pedralbes only one year. The Infanta Cristina was convinced after those months in Barcelona that the family had leave Spain. It was then, with the help of LaCaixa, an entity where the Infanta has worked for almost 20 years, she found a job at the headquarters of the Aga Khan Foundation in Geneva.
For three years she has lived there in a flat in the city center, whose rent pays the foundation. She continues to receive her salary from LaCaixa, while the school of the children is paid by the emeritus King, as he does for the children of the Infanta Elena. Urdangarin, since moving to Geneva, has not worked. Cristina de Borb?n, having a job, has achieved official residence in Switzerland for herself and her children . Urdangarin has spent long time there as a tourist.

Infanta Cristina decided long ago questioned that if the sentence was unfavorable for them they would not continue in Geneva. Therefore, accompanied by her children Juan, Pablo, Miguel and Irene, she will move to Lisbon when the school year ends. The Bourbons have always been closely linked to this city. There the Count of Barcelona resided in exile and with him his son Juan Carlos. In the neighborhood of Lapa, located in the center of the city, the Ag? Khn Foundation has a headquarters and there the King's sister will work from that moment. Lisbon will allow her to be closer to her husband if he goes to prison.

What does not seem to be in question is the marriage of Cristina de Borb?n and I?aki Urdangarin . The more problems the ex-duke has had, the more their partnership has been strengthened, at least in public. In private, her circle of friends has revealed that Urdangarin has needed medical help and that the Infanta has also spent moments of great melancholy. The King's younger sister does not feel guilty at this point, nor does she think her husband is. The couple considers themselves a victim and thinks that the palace of the Zarzuela has abandoned them and they have not defended them as they expected. She argues that everything is the result of a conspiracy against her husband. The Infanta has closed ranks with him . If there was any moment of marital crisis after the leakage of e-mails that showed an apparent infidelity on Urdangarin's part, it has vanished. Cristina is stubborn, stubborn, so much that she maintains attitudes sometimes out of sheer hauteur. As the N?os case instruction progressed, she further clung to her husband and her rights as Infanta of Spain, that she does not renounce, she says, for her children.
Cristina sends messages to the family through her mother and sister, she feels "abandoned". Do?a Sof?a and Infanta Elena are her only link with La Zarzuela. The emeritus King was inflexible as a monarch, but wounded and deeply disappointed as a father. Communication with her daughter has been increasingly colder during these years. The constant calls of Don Juan Carlos asking his daughter to renounce her rights as Infanta cut the umbilical cord and if there was still any possibility of reconciliation, all ended the day that the succession took place in the Crown. The then King, in accordance with the Successor who knocked at the door, assumed the task of telling Cristina de Borbon not to attend the events scheduled for the occasion. It was a tense conversation, but, even more so, the moment when the infanta disobeyed the paternal order and appeared in the palace of the Zarzuela. But the firewall was set in motion and Cristina had access only to the rooms occupied by her mother. Both had lunch there alone.
After the relay in the Crown , Felipe VI asked his younger sister to renounce her title of Duchess of Palma, to which she refused. The King had to divest her of the title. Since that day, the gap has widened between them. Last Christmas, Cristina and her family spent only a few days in Vitoria where they received the discreet visit of the Infanta Elena, which became the only link with the Bourbon and Greece family.

http://politica.elpais.co...ad/1487322876_412048.html

According to another article back in 2012, a JC's adviser went to Aspen where they were skiing (they lived in the US back then) and told them they had two options, either divorce or give up her succession rights. According to El Pais she became angry and yelled that she was born an Infanta and will die an Infanta.

Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 04:43:23 PM »

So, JC told her not to show up during Felipe's Proclamation events and she still made an appearance???  Yikes

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 04:50:04 PM »

Well apparently she went with the old saying: "the king is dead, long live the king" or in other words:
"Shut up old king, Hello Brother dearest" - hoping that JF could not say no to his fav. sister.
Unfortunately, Felipe has grown up and married a woman with more sense and made the correct decision.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Countess of Cows

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 04:59:11 PM »

If there was any moment of marital crisis after the leakage of e-mails that showed an apparent infidelity on Urdangarin's part, it has vanished

somehow I missed this tidbit!  DO DISH who, what, when and how  Spiteful

[the infanta disobeyed the paternal order and appeared in the palace of the Zarzuela. But the firewall was set in motion and Cristina had access only to the rooms occupied by her mother

WHOA I didn't know that, that's just arrogant!  Wonder how that looked? "FIREWALL"  Yikes >  Armed guards? Locked doors? snarling dogs?  I mean really, to even think of the logistics is amazing.  That her brother knew her well enough to make arrangements, speaks well of him. 

No matter how you feel about the parents, I feel so sorry for the children.  At one time they were a close knit loving family, their world has been torn apart and they've lost their family too.  Remembering the happy pictures and the shared vacations, it's really, really sad.

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 05:11:28 PM »

^^^ Sorry countess, I used google translate. Firewell means the figurative barrier between Cristina and the core of the RF. In this case in her infinite arrogance after her own father told her to stay away for the abdication and proclamation ceremonies she took a flight to Madrid and showed up at Zarzuela, probably imagining that they wouldn't dare turn her away. All of Felipe's extended family was present those days (his paternal aunts and cousins, the Greek royals...) imagine everyone's faces when someone asked why the new King's mother wasn't at lunch  Dead And imaging how Cristina was fuming during her own sad lunch while everyone was celebrating.

When the Noos scandal broke Diego Torres, Urdangarin's business partner (and also sentenced to prison today), got scared he was going to take the fall while Urdangarin was saved for being married to Cristina, and started leaking to the press e-mails from Urdangarin. Among them there was something that could be constructed as  an Urdangarin infidelity, but the press barely mentioned it.

Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2017, 05:53:11 PM »

Also, despite her falling out with her father, her anger at him and her total disregard of his wishes and pleas (to renounce her succession rights, to stay away...), she doesn't mind that he's paying her children's school fees.

Amalia

Micro Member

Brazil Brazil

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2017, 06:46:27 PM »

Also, despite her falling out with her father, her anger at him and her total disregard of his wishes and pleas (to renounce her succession rights, to stay away...), she doesn't mind that he's paying her children's school fees.

Are they all still dependent on JC for money?
Ksenija

Medium Member

Latvia Latvia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2017, 06:52:16 PM »

Probably,yes.I doubt that with their luxury requests Cristina/Inaki/kids can survive living on her salary.Especially in Geneva Confused
Amalia

Micro Member

Brazil Brazil

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2017, 07:10:20 PM »

Probably,yes.I doubt that with their luxury requests Cristina/Inaki/kids can survive living on her salary.Especially in Geneva Confused

Blush Sorry I wasn't clear, I meant not only Cristina, but Sofia, Elena and Felipe as well. The British Family have the Duchy of Lancaster and Cornwall, plus a portion of the revenue of the Crown Estate.
I was wondering how the Spanish Royals finance themselves. If it's only with their oficial salaries.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2017, 08:02:43 PM »

I am happy for Felipe that he found Letti. Really and that he has a strong stable relationship.

Cristina acts like in a bad soap opera. I feel sorry for the children who are being dragged all over Europe - in a time of their life when they need friendships, stability and focus on schooling because they surely need to support themselves one day. Will be interesting what happens to them.
Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2017, 08:27:19 PM »

Blush Sorry I wasn't clear, I meant not only Cristina, but Sofia, Elena and Felipe as well. The British Family have the Duchy of Lancaster and Cornwall, plus a portion of the revenue of the Crown Estate.
I was wondering how the Spanish Royals finance themselves. If it's only with their oficial salaries.

Felipe and Letizia recieve an official salary. Cristina and Elena are not part of the RF anymore and don't receive state money. Both have plum Jobs (at the foundations of a bank and an insurance company) and have had them for decades, even when they were members of the RF (back then they were paid representation money for events, not a salary)

The article says that their flat in Switzerland is paid by her job

Nuno

Humongous Member

Portugal Portugal

TM The King and Queen of Spain

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2017, 12:36:21 AM »

I heard on the news they're trying to send Inaki to the Badajoz prison as it is really close to Portugal. Can't believe she's coming to Lisbon  Snore  Thumb down My only concern are the kids - everyone knows who their parents are no matter where they go...  Blush

"You can call me Happiness...yes Queen Happiness. It sounds great!" - Queen Letizia, Red Cross 150th Anniversary Wink

"Hey Cristina, I'm the Queen now :D"
zinzen

Gigantic Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2017, 02:43:41 AM »

Poor kids  Sad Sad Sad Sad

In reality, hope is the worst of all evils, it prolongs the torments of man. F.Nietzche
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2017, 06:56:46 AM »

I heard on the news they're trying to send Inaki to the Badajoz prison as it is really close to Portugal. Can't believe she's coming to Lisbon  Snore  Thumb down My only concern are the kids - everyone knows who their parents are no matter where they go...  Blush

How about here, instead??  

https://en.wikipedia.org/...ki/Ch%C3%A2teau_d'If

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Nuno

Humongous Member

Portugal Portugal

TM The King and Queen of Spain

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2017, 11:19:12 PM »

Hi RD fans  Roll Eyes I've 1000 different reasons to smile  Thumb down

"You can call me Happiness...yes Queen Happiness. It sounds great!" - Queen Letizia, Red Cross 150th Anniversary Wink

"Hey Cristina, I'm the Queen now :D"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: