Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: February 22-23: State Visit from Argentina  (Read 18103 times)
A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: February 25, 2017, 10:07:39 AM »

I'm sorry, but that tiara is ridiculously out of proportion against Letizia's tiny frame. I saw another poster refer to it as looking like a bishop's mitre and that's the best description I've seen.

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
Ghost

Micro Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: February 26, 2017, 09:09:34 AM »

The white dress Leti wore is a bit short, but somehow it doesn't look short or inappropriate on her.
Strangely when Kate wears something at the same length, somehow the dress/skirt looks even shorter on her and very inappropriate.

Leti's make up has been fabulous during this visit. I love her red lips.

Because of the waist positioning, Kate seems to rarely find something that sits correctly on her waist, whereas Leti is very careful about the fitting. Sorry to be off topic.
Regarding the black velvet dress with the tiara, I found it to be perfection. Leti is the queen of Spain, in my opinion she looked very Spanish that night, shoes notwithstanding. (I hate the platform, an I think peeptoe was screeching when we take into consideration the solemnity of the rest of her appearance).
janine1984

Micro Member

Czech Republic Czech Republic

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: February 26, 2017, 07:57:18 PM »

Video from the welcoming ceremony: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuDr0y-Nki4

Thank you for the video. Can anyone explain why such big welcome ceremony (including military show)? In other cases they just shake the hands on the stairs, two three pics and it is over.

What I always like is the way Letizia respect Felipe?s role. She is always behind him unlike Mary.
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: February 26, 2017, 08:07:20 PM »

Thank you for the video. Can anyone explain why such big welcome ceremony (including military show)? In other cases they just shake the hands on the stairs, two three pics and it is over.

What I always like is the way Letizia respect Felipe?s role. She is always behind him unlike Mary.

The big welcoming ceremony is only for a state visit. They used to do it in the Pardo palace, where the visiting head of state stays. Pardo is out in the hill where Zarzuela is so few people can see it. This time, F&L decided to switch it to the Royal Palace in city center. The Royal Palace is grander and because of its location, more tourists can see the pomp and circumstances.

The handshakes in front of Zarzuela is for all official visits where the King and Queen treat the visitors to a lunch. It's a more intimate setting.
Nuno

Humongous Member

Portugal Portugal

TM The King and Queen of Spain

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: February 26, 2017, 08:26:47 PM »

The big welcoming ceremony is only for a state visit. They used to do it in the Pardo palace, where the visiting head of state stays. Pardo is out in the hill where Zarzuela is so few people can see it. This time, F&L decided to switch it to the Royal Palace in city center. The Royal Palace is grander and because of its location, more tourists can see the pomp and circumstances.

The handshakes in front of Zarzuela is for all official visits where the King and Queen treat the visitors to a lunch. It's a more intimate setting.
This is going to be the protocol for state visits from now on. Felipe already applied the same kind of protocol during Obama's short visit to Spain for example but now it's official.  Yes

"You can call me Happiness...yes Queen Happiness. It sounds great!" - Queen Letizia, Red Cross 150th Anniversary Wink

"Hey Cristina, I'm the Queen now :D"
Nuno

Humongous Member

Portugal Portugal

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: March 01, 2017, 12:05:38 AM »

The white dress is indeed by Hugo Boss https://www.zalando.co.uk..._EN.79682_..&opc=2211

The clutch is a repeat by Lidia Faro - "Letizia" model https://lidiafarocompleme...zia-luce-clutch-disenado/

"You can call me Happiness...yes Queen Happiness. It sounds great!" - Queen Letizia, Red Cross 150th Anniversary Wink

Nuno

Humongous Member

Portugal Portugal

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: March 01, 2017, 04:11:05 PM »

F&L, President Macri, First Lady Juliana and their daughter, Antonia  Grin

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: