Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News and photos William and Kate 2019  (Read 270968 times)
ralf103

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2160 on: December 01, 2019, 09:12:59 PM »

Laughing

This is a win -win, the BBC get a bit of royalty to add Christmas sparkle to their cooking show and the charities get a lot of exposure and PR. There's literally no money involved unlike some other royals when they try and include outsiders in their duties. These cookery shows and photos that go with them are for PR not to meet food hygiene standards, not that William would necessarily need a hair net anyway Wink

TBH my only irk is that its not on later in the month of December given how rubbish the BBCs Christmas schedule looks so far this seems a bit wasted before the main holiday starts.
Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #2161 on: December 01, 2019, 09:33:12 PM »

I looks like it's going to be a very lovely special.  I just wish that they would consistently display the same level of dedication to their "regular" stuff as they have to the one offs they've done this year...Catherine's gardens and this special.  Drop by drop, they are improving, but this sort of thing shows what they're capable of day in and day out...they just need to be doing more consistent day in day out and less special one off.

I wonder how much have they done with these patronages recently? Visits, I mean. Not much? I am glad they are doing more like this and showing more of themselves as people and less the Perfect Stepford Family, but I'd like to see more work, too. You can do both!

PS Kate's hair hanging there with all the baked goods irks me.

Good point.  If ever there was a time for a daytime updo, working with food would be it.

Mary Berry could easily drop a hair as well, just saying.

Kate's hair is not even close to the cake/roulade.
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2162 on: December 01, 2019, 10:28:55 PM »

...Kate's hair hanging there with all the baked goods irks me.

...Good point.  If ever there was a time for a daytime updo, working with food would be it.

Guessing she had no matching headbands at home or perhaps Charlotte took the only matching one to wear for Christmas pageant. Roll Eyes

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
Spacetime tells matter how to move; matter tells spacetime how to curve. ~JWheeler
genegal43

Big Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #2163 on: December 01, 2019, 11:33:46 PM »

Laughing

This is a win -win, the BBC get a bit of royalty to add Christmas sparkle to their cooking show and the charities get a lot of exposure and PR. There's literally no money involved unlike some other royals when they try and include outsiders in their duties. These cookery shows and photos that go with them are for PR not to meet food hygiene standards, not that William would necessarily need a hair net anyway Wink

TBH my only irk is that its not on later in the month of December given how rubbish the BBCs Christmas schedule looks so far this seems a bit wasted before the main holiday starts.

It would be the shorter hairs that surprise you!

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
SvenskaSarah

Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2164 on: December 02, 2019, 03:59:30 PM »

If I may say, I do think that wills and Kate are stepping up their pr game in the face of everything else that's going on.
They're certainly showing the public that it is they who are the future of the monarchy, and thus attention should be on them.
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Pitcairn Pitcairn

"The gauntlet is definitely thrown down. Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #2165 on: December 02, 2019, 05:02:06 PM »

https://www.usatoday.com/...an-gulf-visit/4319212002/

Prince William will get another chance to show his diplomatic chops when he heads Sunday to another strategic and touchy region of the world – the Persian Gulf – on a four-day mission representing Britain.

The Duke of Cambridge, 37, will be in Kuwait and Oman starting Sunday and concluding Wednesday, for a visit at the request of the Foreign & Commonwealth Office.

This will be the prince's first official visit to both countries, according to Kensington Palace, which described the trip in lyrical terms in a statement.

"From the modern capitals of Kuwait City and Muscat to the vast Kuwaiti deserts and stunning wadis in the Omani mountains, the visit will take in both countries’ unique cultures, their beautiful landscapes, and diverse communities," the palace statement said.

This is only the latest foreign trip for William, who is increasingly taking on more responsibilities representing the country and his grandmother, Queen Elizabeth II, now that the 93-year-old monarch has given up long-haul travel abroad.
LarLa

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #2166 on: December 02, 2019, 05:53:26 PM »

People on twitter wondering what the point of William's trip is. Seriously most royal trips have little point other than they were asked to go there. I think it speaks well of William that he is going to places like Pakistan, Israel, Palestine, Oman, etc. He seems to be really settling into his role. The next few years will be awkward/bittersweet for him and his father I'd say. Preparing for the changing of the guard but not wanting it to happen.
Lady Liebe

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2167 on: December 02, 2019, 06:09:13 PM »

It is better for the UK and the BRF to have William establish relationships with the ruling families and governments of the Mideast. Andrew has/had many ties to countries in that area, so better to supplant him with William. 

Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #2168 on: December 02, 2019, 06:35:27 PM »

oops - wrong thread

Currently visualizing my highest self
Athena

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #2169 on: December 03, 2019, 02:05:08 AM »

It is better for the UK and the BRF to have William establish relationships with the ruling families and governments of the Mideast. Andrew has/had many ties to countries in that area, so better to supplant him with William. 

Good point  Star
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #2170 on: December 03, 2019, 01:07:29 PM »

delete

« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 01:19:00 PM by Future Crayon » Logged

Currently visualizing my highest self
LarLa

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #2171 on: December 03, 2019, 01:56:41 PM »

Never even thought of that. Great point. William's uncle needs to be banished and fast.
CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2172 on: December 06, 2019, 05:49:01 PM »

If I may say, I do think that wills and Kate are stepping up their pr game in the face of everything else that's going on.
They're certainly showing the public that it is they who are the future of the monarchy, and thus attention should be on them.

It's getting close to the end of the year- they always step up their appearances at this time.
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2173 on: December 06, 2019, 09:38:48 PM »

That's a very good point.  Also good to supplant him with the man who will be king one day rather than the sleazy second son of the current monarch.   It elevates the level of importance of the relationship between Britain and these Middle Eastern countries so represents a change of status not just a replacement.
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: