Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 55   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate - news and photos III  (Read 132022 times)
lizzie78

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: March 18, 2017, 10:54:32 PM »

I don't understand her choices of shoes and bag with this outfit. I don't see any burgundy in her coat. So why burgundy accessories? I like them, they just don't match.
Eliza B

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: March 19, 2017, 12:31:23 AM »

I don't understand her choices of shoes and bag with this outfit. I don't see any burgundy in her coat. So why burgundy accessories? I like them, they just don't match.

I think it's because she got praise for them being "out of the Kat box" so she's putting them on a lot.  They really haven't matched the time before she wore them too. 
Vava

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: March 19, 2017, 01:04:12 AM »

The Chanel outfit was a major fail in my view, for many reasons.  You do know she has the matching dress under that coat, don't you......  so first off, consider the price of the coat and the dress.  Then the hideous belt, totally ruined the look.

The bag is nice, I like it, but I don't think the color is good for this time of year.  The shoes, meh.

And that hair.  PLEASE CUT IT TO SHOULDER LENGTH.

Her behavior at the sports event just demonstrates what a loon she truly is.
perdie

Medium Member

Svalbard and Jan Mayen Svalbard and Jan Mayen

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: March 19, 2017, 01:20:52 AM »

I think her hair was fine here actually.  It looked somewhat realistic instead of her usual 4x-the-thickness-of-anyone-ever hair, and didn't have the stupid curls.  The updos however were bad, and I wish they'd considered a ponytail where she would be bending over.  You wouldn't want to see me at a sports event - I might make her look sane, and this was a pretty nail-biting match.
rosella

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: March 19, 2017, 01:26:37 AM »

I don't know what the object of this Paris trip was, but we can now add invaluable information, as Kate has added to the long list of things that George likes. She spoke to some children who were waiting in line and admired a little girl's toy monkey. She informed her that George has a toy rabbit called Bun-Bun. Scintillating!
emtishell

Small Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: March 19, 2017, 01:43:07 AM »

^ Thumb up The turquoise would have been a great choice.

It's amazing she can't get coats with the right sleeve length. I struggle with that but I buy my coats off the rack so it's pretty much to be expected they need to be taken to a seamstress. But how come she can't have hers fixed?

If you look at the pics of the coat worm by the model, the sleeves are meant to be that length, its very on-trend right now..... I like the accessories,  ot to matchy-matchy (which my personal stylist - ie my daughter - tells me is a big no-no!)
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: March 19, 2017, 04:28:40 AM »

The Chanel outfit was a major fail in my view, for many reasons.
...Then the hideous belt, totally ruined the look.

Thinking
Because she announced to one and all...
that her outfit was Chanel...
by wearing...
a Chanel belt...
she is hereby given the Hyacinth Bucket Award.
(It's pronounced boo-kay.)

You may now applaud the recipient.

smf3000

Warned
Medium Member

Botswana Botswana

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: March 19, 2017, 08:01:26 AM »

For me, this is an okay look.  I like all the pieces - they are okay together. However I find myself asking, why?  Why those accessories?

Cause Katie Keen doesn't have your eye  No. Or a stylist  No

I am not a stylist - but I would have skipped the belt and would have went with these.

Well, maybe you should be Princess Blue eyes  Yes
Because those accessories are an amazing (daring!) choice  Thumb up
Georgie

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: March 19, 2017, 03:27:09 PM »

The Chanel outfit was a major fail in my view, for many reasons.
...Then the hideous belt, totally ruined the look.

Thinking
Because she announced to one and all...
that her outfit was Chanel...
by wearing...
a Chanel belt...
she is hereby given the Hyacinth Bucket Award.
(It's pronounced boo-kay.)

You may now applaud the recipient.

Laugh bounce
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: March 19, 2017, 03:33:44 PM »

The turquoise accessories are fab. But to be honest one needs to see them both close and from a bit of difference with the outfit to decide whether they fit. Esp. with these tweedy fabrics one needs to be aware that the overall look might not be the same as the individual colours in the pattern.
So basically I understand why she went safe with the reddish accessories - much batter than her usual: let's go with blue.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Suzerain

Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Still not queen, Maz reacts

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: March 20, 2017, 12:47:34 PM »

^ Thumb up The turquoise would have been a great choice.

It's amazing she can't get coats with the right sleeve length. I struggle with that but I buy my coats off the rack so it's pretty much to be expected they need to be taken to a seamstress. But how come she can't have hers fixed?

If you look at the pics of the coat worm by the model, the sleeves are meant to be that length, its very on-trend right now..... I like the accessories,  ot to matchy-matchy (which my personal stylist - ie my daughter - tells me is a big no-no!)

I was talking about the red coat mostly, not the one which she wore with a Chanel belt. I would be happy if it was trendy to have slightly short sleeves - I have a winter coat that has sleeves that for me about an inch too short (if the sleeves wrinkle) which is driving me mad but I've been too lazy to take it to seamstress. I hope I was considered trendy instead of a freak with too long arms! 

BTW I can't blame anyone with less than perfect French feeling too shy to use any. All French people I've met have been very snarky about the use of their mother tongue and if you are not speaking it perfectly, you will definitely be made fun of. Same goes for many other languages. I would not attempt to try Turkish either! I have and people were ridiculing me which I found pretty nasty.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: March 20, 2017, 04:05:04 PM »

French can indeed be impolite when you speak French with less finesse, than they think it deserves. Though interestingly I have not been given that "raised eyebrow" and sniff on my last trips. Au contraire, people have been very obliging.
In any case she could have learnt just a bit and wowed the p?ople at the walk abouts (the people at the embassy were probably all english anyway) the tabloids would have elevated her "que merveilleux" to French poetry.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Eliza B

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: March 20, 2017, 04:27:33 PM »

I don't think she did a speech so all she needed was a bonjour and merci, and it would have made papers (as she was not recorded speaking, her accent wouldn't matter).

I think she should have gone sleeker with accessories. I would have skipped the belt and trinity set, and done Louboutin black pumps and black chanel purse (well if unlimited budget - a mini Hermes 'kelly' bag honestly).  More effortless than trying to bring out the burgandy in the boucle dress-coat which is difficult in photographs.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: March 20, 2017, 05:29:16 PM »

Oh  my she looks soooooooo thin  Shocked

esther angeline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: March 20, 2017, 06:06:35 PM »

Kate would look good if she would cut her hair to the length of the Ambassador 's wife here.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 55   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: