Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 352   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate - news and photos III  (Read 1069250 times)
ElisaRose

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #3510 on: February 05, 2019, 07:59:09 PM »

The muppet comparison is spot on, fabric, look and feel all are alike. Laugh bounce.
That said, I actually like today’s look. She looks young, reasonably fresh and healthy and I applaud the shoes, just for them being something different and less ladylike.  Thumb up

"I always had a dread of becoming a passenger in life.” HRH The Princess Margaret
NAOTMAA

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3511 on: February 05, 2019, 07:59:44 PM »

I don't fully agree that showing a new photo would be bad.

In general all the press really talk about it what she wears or whatever small nonspecific generic comments she makes. Where she is and what it's about is barely mentioned at all because she still doesn't do much at the events she goes to. She still doesn't know how to bring the charity front and center. It's not about educating Kate, it's about educating the public!

So what do people on the outside actually learn about the places Kate goes to? Nothing really, so there is nothing for a new photo to overshadow. At least that's my personal opinion.

Pomme

Huge Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #3512 on: February 05, 2019, 08:56:57 PM »

Kaiserin, can you make a collage of this dress and Oscar the Grouch?
Bittedanke  Hug

Chutters' fingers look like a severe case of PS...

What is PS? In some pictures I think that Kate's hands look too bony and old, but I don't know what PS means Huh? I don't see anything about that dress that appeals to me, but it is may be in the category of you have to be sophisticated enough to appreciate it.

PS = PhotoShop - her knuckles are very, very soft-focus.

In NQM (NotQueenMary, Mosh's), Silvia's or Moza's case, PS would mean Plastic Surgery 

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
lizzie78

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #3513 on: February 05, 2019, 09:45:48 PM »

I agree that Kate is doing a lot better lately, but with the already 4 or 5 dresses so similar to what she wore today, I don't understand why she couldn't have just worn one of them.
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #3514 on: February 05, 2019, 09:47:16 PM »

I think she looks OK.  The dress looks fine and I like the thick tights and shoes, which look sensible and warm.  It's not what I'd choose to wear, but she's clean and neat and looks duchessy.  What I don't get is the whole point of it.  

We see Kate all gussied up freshly out of the hairdresser and make-up artist's chair, walking and waving and talking to some children and giving her exaggerated smiles clutching bunches of flowers and flashing a photo of her family, but... why? I'm none the wiser about the cause she is supposed to be promoting.  Huh?  Instead of pfaffing about in a new frock, how about wearing one of the many green ones you already have and giving a speech and explaining the connection between children's physical and mental health and what everyone can really do to help make sure problems do not arise, and how to help them once they do.  I really think that in general her role in the campaign about children's mental health has been a very superficial one.
Paulina

Warned
Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #3515 on: February 05, 2019, 09:48:37 PM »

I like her outfit. It seems perfect for a school visit. Paint/crayon green, nice texture, cute boots, nice tights (I'm a fan of black tights in winter), and interesting design of the dress. I like the neckline. All the muppet comments are spot on but I think it's entirely the right outfit for a visit like this and who else can rock Kelly green?
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #3516 on: February 05, 2019, 10:03:47 PM »

I am with you all on Muppet, but I had a different Muppet in mind: Kermit is IMo the better comparison.
I like the green, I like the cut and I like a soft fuzzy fabric; this fabric however looks like it was in the washer once too often.
Hate the shoes, together with the green she is channeling the wicked witch of the west.
And why wasn't she indeed wearing one of her other green winter dresses?
Well whatever, what was the reason she was there???

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
SvenskaSarah

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #3517 on: February 06, 2019, 01:52:41 AM »

I don't know what it is, whether it was the birth of Louis or her settling into her life as a royal, but in the last few months she seems to be working more, working solo more, and looking generally happy and willing. The photographs of her with an overanimated face could be just the photograph or her wanting to appear exceptionally happy, but she does seem more content and relaxed. It's lovely to see (finally) and I hope it continues, with her stepping up her work schedule just a bit.
As for clothes, I'm starting to care less about what she wears. She always wears something demure and sensible, which is perhaps an indication of her desire to concentrate on her engagement that day (similar to Her Majesty) and receive less press attention for what she's wearing.
All of this is from what I've observed and from what I hope is happening.

Those crazy faces Kate pulls used to drive me bananas, but I have a coworker who does it too. She's incredibly lovely and smart and she has this maniacal laugh and grin just like Kate. I don't think my coworker is trying to overact... she just smiles like a crazy person, so who knows.

I'm glad your coworker acts the same. I don't work with kids so I don't see a need to act overly happy. I hope that your coworker and Kate are of a similar vein!   Star
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #3518 on: February 06, 2019, 02:03:00 AM »

Kaiserine TAK  Banana  Star

fugly frumpy frock

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
nonni

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #3519 on: February 06, 2019, 02:13:23 AM »

Remember now, St Patrick Day is coming.  Will we see another NEW green dress or an old one??  Place your bets.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

wannabe Lesbaru driver

Ignore
« Reply #3520 on: February 06, 2019, 02:21:24 AM »

All the crazy faces I think are for the cameras. It's been a thing I've noticed over the years.

Ugly dress and outfit in general. Hair is bad.

I think she's doing much better in her engagement with people, not as awkward or stiff, but I still don't understand the visiting schools to learn about blah-dee-blah when she has been doing these school visits for years. What is the purpose? I'd really like to know. I just like to see some actual effect, or purpose, other than "KPRoyal is learning about this" repeated over and over again ad nauseum.

Now TRF is having a Heads Together conference. I'm still so mad about the HT thing pulling the wool over the eyes of charities, who now had increased exposure and so were overwhelmed, but TRF took all the HT fundraising for themselves instead of giving it to the charities. It's a platform to make the Foursome look good, not to serve the underserved and charities that desperately need the funding. (This isn't just about Kate of course but the rest of them as well! It's just irritating. HT as a concept could be great. But it is not like the Prince's Trust that does genuine things and gives away grants and genuinely helps people financially and educationally and so on.)

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
NAOTMAA

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #3521 on: February 06, 2019, 02:55:07 AM »

I think she looks OK.  The dress looks fine and I like the thick tights and shoes, which look sensible and warm.  It's not what I'd choose to wear, but she's clean and neat and looks duchessy.  What I don't get is the whole point of it.  

We see Kate all gussied up freshly out of the hairdresser and make-up artist's chair, walking and waving and talking to some children and giving her exaggerated smiles clutching bunches of flowers and flashing a photo of her family, but... why? I'm none the wiser about the cause she is supposed to be promoting.  Huh?  Instead of pfaffing about in a new frock, how about wearing one of the many green ones you already have and giving a speech and explaining the connection between children's physical and mental health and what everyone can really do to help make sure problems do not arise, and how to help them once they do.  I really think that in general her role in the campaign about children's mental health has been a very superficial one.

Isn't that kind of true for her role in all her "charity campaigns" though  Blush

It's true she looks more calm and at ease but beyond that what else has changed from when she first started? She's still just visiting and observing. She wears an expensive but bland and boring outfit and makes exaggerated faces. That's all she ever does! She doesn't give speeches which is by far the most constructive way of getting the true message of her visits across. She doesn't make any actual remarks of substance. She doesn't seem to give anything of herself emotionally or passionately to any cause either. It's all superficial what she does! 

Maybe the palace likes all that and don't encourage her to work to become more because they want to avoid another Diana superstar but it just makes her and having a royal patron in general look worthless.
Fingersmith

Mini Member

Constitutional expert

Ignore
« Reply #3522 on: February 06, 2019, 05:30:23 AM »

Instead of pfaffing about in a new frock, how about wearing one of the many green ones you already have and giving a speech and explaining the connection between children's physical and mental health and what everyone can really do to help make sure problems do not arise, and how to help them once they do.

Hmm, I suspect that you haven't heard many of her speeches.

It's probably better that she simply flashes her veneers and waves. That's where her talents lie.
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #3523 on: February 06, 2019, 06:46:45 AM »

Instead of pfaffing about in a new frock, how about wearing one of the many green ones you already have and giving a speech and explaining the connection between children's physical and mental health and what everyone can really do to help make sure problems do not arise, and how to help them once they do.

Hmm, I suspect that you haven't heard many of her speeches.

It's probably better that she simply flashes her veneers and waves. That's where her talents lie.

You suspicion is incorrect, for I have heard a number of her speeches.  She is indeed abysmal at it, but I reckon that if she persevered, and went to the trouble of taking lessons from Toastmasters people or some other appropriately qualified person, she would improve.  She may never be good enough to be sought-after for her public speaking abilities, but she should be able to improve to the stage where she could give a short speech in support of a keynote speaker at a conference.  In my opinion she should be doing something of substance, not just swanning into schools and chatting to children about what her own children, or sitting around tables listening to the experts talk about what they are going to do.  She should know what her charities are going to do, or what needs to be done in support of her causes, not still learning about it. 

IMO in the 21st century, a future Princess of Wales and Queen Consort who has a university degree needs to be more than just a clothes-horse and ribbon-cutter and advertisement for dieting, dental veneers and wiglets. 
NAOTMAA

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #3524 on: February 06, 2019, 07:06:24 AM »

How many speeches has Kate actually given in the last 8 years?

She won't get any better if she doesn't go out there and keep trying. If anything she should have been practicing when she was pregnant and out on maternity leave but I doubt she did. She doesn't seen to care about doing anything except the bare minimum. Diana never became a great public speaker but she worked on it and in the end became competent enough where she at least was able to get her message across clearly. That's all Kate needs to be, competent. She doesn't have to be Churchill or strive for greatness.

It's weird that with all the talk about modernizing the monarchy and how much it has changed over the years the expectations for Kate seem almost no different then the ones for Diana in 1981. Things have changed so much since then (for class society, pop culture, and women) you would think the expectations have too but I guess not. If anything it almost seems lower  Shocked  
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 352   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: