Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 293   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate - news and photos III  (Read 870502 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #3540 on: February 06, 2019, 11:18:21 PM »

I'm hoping she repeats a dress for the BAFTAs on Sunday. If it was up to me (and sadly, and KP have made this very clear to me and have asked me to stop writing, it's not), I'd go for one of these:

Or this one but with better posture, and updo, and those huge blue earrings she wore in India

they should listen to you FT  Star

Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Iceland Iceland

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #3541 on: February 07, 2019, 02:18:31 PM »

The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, this evening held a Dinner at Buckingham Palace.

Cheesy pasta all round!

I came here to drink wine and rag on male royals
perdie

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #3542 on: February 07, 2019, 02:47:18 PM »

Clearly the low point of married ins has not risen in what .... 50 years? And her parents wasted good money on her education? Well I guess she got the degree they wanted... the Mrs one ... I thought that was just aspirational East Coast Moms who looked for trust fund babies .... mine failed... 😀

Well it was money well spent in the sense she was able to get close to William and get the ring so  Beer

No money for St Andrews = No Horse boy  Wink

Itís not like she broke the bank:
https://www.st-andrews.ac...ees/feestable/#d.en.66444

Fees were much lower then, though shamefully I can't remember exactly as I didn't have any to pay...  But I think they were capped at around £1000 pa?
Eliza B

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3543 on: February 07, 2019, 02:50:46 PM »

Clearly the low point of married ins has not risen in what .... 50 years? And her parents wasted good money on her education? Well I guess she got the degree they wanted... the Mrs one ... I thought that was just aspirational East Coast Moms who looked for trust fund babies .... mine failed... 😀

Well it was money well spent in the sense she was able to get close to William and get the ring so  Beer

No money for St Andrews = No Horse boy  Wink

Itís not like she broke the bank:
https://www.st-andrews.ac...ees/feestable/#d.en.66444

Fees were much lower then, though shamefully I can't remember exactly as I didn't have any to pay...  But I think they were capped at around £1000 pa?

If i recall correctly, her parents didn't pay for her education.  A trust was in the family to support future generations education.
myloveforroyals

Large Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #3544 on: February 10, 2019, 01:18:22 AM »

From KP Twitter :

The Duchess of Cambridge, Andrťe Davies and Adam White and @The_RHS are proud to reveal plans for their #RHSChelsea ĎBack to Nature Gardení. To inspire families to get outside and explore nature together, The Duchess of Cambridgeís #RHSChelsea garden will have a natural woodland feel and contain a:
Treehouse
Waterfall and stream
Rustic den
Campfire
Stepping stones

The Duchess of Cambridgeís woodland wilderness garden at #RHSChelsea aims to get people back to nature, and highlight the benefits of the natural world on our mental and physical wellbeing. The Duchessís #RHSChelsea garden aims to trigger memories of time spent in nature, and encourage others to go out and create new experiences in the great outdoors.

This follows their initial announcement back in January:https://www.royal.uk/duchess-cambridge-showcase-%E2%80%98back-nature%E2%80%99-garden-chelsea-flower-show
anastasia beaverhausen

Huge Member

The cat on the left has been given Miracle Gro.

Ignore
« Reply #3545 on: February 10, 2019, 02:55:31 AM »

I like the sentiment a lot. But thatís a lot of nature crammed into a very small space, unless the drawing is not to scale. I think it would be more effective to use a few of those ideas and have a more realistic setting.
Eliza B

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #3546 on: February 10, 2019, 03:10:28 AM »

I hope there's no teepee rustic den ?? like the drawing.  There will be 200 articles about cultural appropriation that will overshadow everything.

Especially since I otherwise like the idea, and parents can have fun with their kids in the space.  It encourages interaction.
NAOTMAA

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #3547 on: February 10, 2019, 03:55:42 AM »

My first impression was "Back to nature" was a big theme among the aristocracy in Marie Antoniette's time too and that Kate created her own little Petit Trianon Hamlet

Athena

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #3548 on: February 10, 2019, 03:59:00 AM »

I hope there's no teepee rustic den ?? like the drawing.  There will be 200 articles about cultural appropriation that will overshadow everything.

Especially since I otherwise like the idea, and parents can have fun with their kids in the space.  It encourages interaction.

Conical huts built of poles were commonly made by e.g. charcoal burners for temporary accommodation in the forests where they worked in England, e.g. http://www.hainaultforest...k/3charcoalburnershut.htm  Smiley
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Iceland Iceland

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #3549 on: February 10, 2019, 12:09:07 PM »

I like the sentiment a lot. But thatís a lot of nature crammed into a very small space, unless the drawing is not to scale. I think it would be more effective to use a few of those ideas and have a more realistic setting.

It's a nice idea and I like the fact that KP actually released some photos of the behind the scenes work for once

I came here to drink wine and rag on male royals
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3550 on: February 10, 2019, 12:35:08 PM »

I think this nice idea and i will like the see the final result

Lady G

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #3551 on: February 10, 2019, 12:48:20 PM »

It's a show garden - none of them are realistic settings!

"Cowards falter, but danger is often overcome by those who nobly dare."
anastasia beaverhausen

Huge Member

The cat on the left has been given Miracle Gro.

Ignore
« Reply #3552 on: February 10, 2019, 02:41:51 PM »

It's a show garden - none of them are realistic settings!

I get that. But I think if people are to get out appreciate nature, which is a very good thing, a more relaxed and less busy atmosphere wouldnít hurt. Iím hoping that the actual results will look different.

And FC, I agree that itís nice to see the behind the scenes work for once.
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #3553 on: February 10, 2019, 09:16:54 PM »

What bugs me about this is project is the fact that Kate has never given me the impression she has any interest in the natural world other than perhaps getting out into it and shooting things on Boxing Day or growing the occasional veggie at Amner Hall.   Neither she nor her husband has ever been photographed exploring the beautiful gardens at Highgrove or supporting Charles' enthusiasm for the wildlife of the hedgerows, or for organic gardening.  William has had a lot to say about conserving things in other countries, particularly Africa, but not about conservation in his homeland.  I think it is a great thing for people to appreciate nature and spend time in the wild, but this has come out of nowhere as far as Kate is concerned, and I see here another example of do as I say not as I do.
NAOTMAA

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #3554 on: February 11, 2019, 02:35:54 AM »

What bugs me about this is project is the fact that Kate has never given me the impression she has any interest in the natural world other than perhaps getting out into it and shooting things on Boxing Day or growing the occasional veggie at Amner Hall.   Neither she nor her husband has ever been photographed exploring the beautiful gardens at Highgrove or supporting Charles' enthusiasm for the wildlife of the hedgerows, or for organic gardening.  William has had a lot to say about conserving things in other countries, particularly Africa, but not about conservation in his homeland.  I think it is a great thing for people to appreciate nature and spend time in the wild, but this has come out of nowhere as far as Kate is concerned, and I see here another example of do as I say not as I do.

WHAT, you don't remember her iconic b&w photograph of the endangered orangutan  Shocked

If I recall correctly she did have a few nature snapshots but they were of course all from tours in foreign countries (aka their luxury vacations  Wink). Nature photographs of places in the UK I don't recall though  Blush

Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 293   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: