Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 352   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate - news and photos III  (Read 1066901 times)
Snow Queen

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3585 on: February 13, 2019, 04:55:39 PM »

^this! I like the fabric and cut of the jacket but the skirt is too juvenile. If it were longer and a different cut it would be a nice professional suit. I also agree with the poster who wished she would try straight hair. Has she ever worn her hair completely straight to an engagement? The curls are ok occasionally but I would get bored with my hair the same every time. She’s taken a few risk with her clothes maybe she’ll eventually get “wild” with her hair.
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3586 on: February 13, 2019, 05:03:36 PM »

The flouncy skirt makes this outfit a bit twee... I think it would've looked so much better and more grown-up if it had straight lines.
Agree
Or simple plain black pants

Georgie

Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #3587 on: February 13, 2019, 05:21:04 PM »

Is Kate wearing a mini skirt?? Blink

Also, in case anyone was wondering she's wearing bespoke Dolce & Gabbana
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 05:26:11 PM by Georgie » Logged
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #3588 on: February 13, 2019, 05:30:27 PM »

I'd totally wear this suit (and I am 47),

BUT not with these shoes (opaque matte tights and the matte impression of suede don't go together, imho - normal leather, a bit shiny, but not patent, would look better
and not with these facial expressions (why does she always overexaggerate her smiles?).

For sure the whole appearance could have been improved with a red purse ... but overall, she looks fine and appropriate.
myloveforroyals

Large Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #3589 on: February 13, 2019, 05:37:20 PM »

Her speech wasn’t planned apparently. (She had pre written remarks but it wasn’t part of the conference’s program  nor was it part of the engagement announcement by KP and Heads Together and in the video she says she wasn’t planning on speaking so I guess she wanted to make one and they cleared time for her)
Video: https://twitter.com/kensi.../1095717932448075777?s=21

It’s really so exciting to hear everyone here speaking with your wealth of experience about the importance of mental health and particularly the emotional development of our children and teachers.

What we have all been discussing here today really brings to light the vital role teachers are playing in supporting our youngest children’s mental health.

Thank you all for your dedication to this important cause, whether you work in schools, universities, charities or elsewhere.

Over the last eight years working with charities I’ve met some of our leading experts in mental health, addiction, family breakdown, homelessness and education.

They have taught me over and over again that the root cause of so many of today’s social problems can be traced right back to the very earliest years of a person’s life and often over generations.

The scientific and other evidence is clear the first few years of a child’s life are more pivotal for development and for future health and happiness than any other single moment in our life time.

It is also clear that the positive development of our children is directly linked to those who care for them, teachers, carers and parents.

And as we have heard today, it is therefore vital that we support teachers with their own wellbeing so that they can find the best level of care for all children, in their schools and communities in which they work.

No one of us however can make a difference alone.

I feel so passionately about working together and being here today has affirmed to me just how much already is being done, so thank you to all of you who are prioritising the importance of mental health and the importance of childhood development as a whole. I look forward to hearing how your discussions will lead to proactive steps and to an ever more resounding commitment to mentally healthy schools, teachers and children.

Thank you.

ETA: From a People article : Moments before she was due to leave, Princess Kate told her staff she had prepared an “impromptu speech” to give the gathered delegates. Kate had been taking notes throughout the discussions and roundtable discussions and told them, “I wasn’t planning on making a speech, but I wanted to say a few words on reflection.”
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 06:52:09 PM by myloveforroyals » Logged
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #3590 on: February 13, 2019, 06:41:42 PM »

S

Probably just the angle, but her eyes look odd here

Could be the angle but her face is also fairly asymmetrical...she's almost all the way down this page.

https://www.suggest.com/c...e-two-faces-of-12-celebs/

Oh wow, you are right! Thanks Smiley

If you want to see yourself google facial symmetry test...there are a bunch of websites that let you up load your own photo and see how you would look.

I think she looks nice there. We don't often see her in repose. And very few people are totally symmetrical. I'm a bit wonky.

(Future Crayon's actual selfie:)

She did not need a new suit for this conference, especially one with another flipperty-blipperty mini skirt. But kudos for working a tiny bit more (at last) and for giving a couple more speeches (at last) and for not darting out the door after 30 minutes.

Currently visualizing my highest self
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #3591 on: February 13, 2019, 07:01:39 PM »

S

Probably just the angle, but her eyes look odd here

Could be the angle but her face is also fairly asymmetrical...she's almost all the way down this page.

https://www.suggest.com/c...e-two-faces-of-12-celebs/

Oh wow, you are right! Thanks Smiley

If you want to see yourself google facial symmetry test...there are a bunch of websites that let you up load your own photo and see how you would look.

I think she looks nice there. We don't often see her in repose. And very few people are totally symmetrical. I'm a bit wonky.

(Future Crayon's actual selfie:)

She did not need a new suit for this conference, especially one with another flipperty-blipperty mini skirt. But kudos for working a tiny bit more (at last) and for giving a couple more speeches (at last) and for not darting out the door after 30 minutes.

FC, you look ver colorful  Laugh bounce
Vava

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3592 on: February 13, 2019, 07:30:24 PM »

It's good she managed to stick around for more than 30 minutes PLUS make a speech.

I like the jacket and think it would look so much better with her black wool tailored trousers.  Aside from that I don't mind the tights/shoe combination.  The skirt, I don't like with the jacket.  This seems to be her preferred silhouette, though. 
Talika

Micro Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #3593 on: February 13, 2019, 07:40:57 PM »

She stayed 3 hours plus made a speech?! OMG
 she must be deadly tired! Waity needs vacation to recover
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #3594 on: February 13, 2019, 08:06:31 PM »

Her speech wasn’t planned apparently. (She had pre written remarks but it wasn’t part of the conference’s program  nor was it part of the engagement announcement by KP and Heads Together and in the video she says she wasn’t planning on speaking so I guess she wanted to make one and they cleared time for her)
Video: https://twitter.com/kensi.../1095717932448075777?s=21

It’s really so exciting to hear everyone here speaking with your wealth of experience about the importance of mental health and particularly the emotional development of our children and teachers.

What we have all been discussing here today really brings to light the vital role teachers are playing in supporting our youngest children’s mental health.

Thank you all for your dedication to this important cause, whether you work in schools, universities, charities or elsewhere.

Over the last eight years working with charities I’ve met some of our leading experts in mental health, addiction, family breakdown, homelessness and education.

They have taught me over and over again that the root cause of so many of today’s social problems can be traced right back to the very earliest years of a person’s life and often over generations.

The scientific and other evidence is clear the first few years of a child’s life are more pivotal for development and for future health and happiness than any other single moment in our life time.

It is also clear that the positive development of our children is directly linked to those who care for them, teachers, carers and parents.

And as we have heard today, it is therefore vital that we support teachers with their own wellbeing so that they can find the best level of care for all children, in their schools and communities in which they work.

No one of us however can make a difference alone.

I feel so passionately about working together and being here today has affirmed to me just how much already is being done, so thank you to all of you who are prioritising the importance of mental health and the importance of childhood development as a whole. I look forward to hearing how your discussions will lead to proactive steps and to an ever more resounding commitment to mentally healthy schools, teachers and children.

Thank you.

ETA: From a People article : Moments before she was due to leave, Princess Kate told her staff she had prepared an “impromptu speech” to give the gathered delegates. Kate had been taking notes throughout the discussions and roundtable discussions and told them, “I wasn’t planning on making a speech, but I wanted to say a few words on reflection.”

Uhmmmm ... if that wasn't planned, why did she have those notes ... 5 pages in a huge font size! Each sentence fully written down!... with her?

I mean, nice that she spoke, but when you pretend that sth is a spontaneous act driven by what you "have heard during the day",
which brought you to "say some words",
then these words should come spontaneously right out of your mouth, without sticking to notes.

She should just speak more often, this would help her to gain confidence, and to look at the audience more often instead of reading from the notes and looking up only when she arrives at the end of a sentence (could fully imagine that the notes even say "[look up now]" here ...).

Her accent, though ... well, I just don't hear British English often enough, an when I hear it, it's people from Edinbourgh or Manchester (and they told me that no comparison to Londoners is allowed here ...), but to my German ears used to American English or English spoken by world-wide customers who don't call it their first language, they way she pronounces some words is just strange. Is it "normal" to say the word "care" like she does?
Athena

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #3595 on: February 13, 2019, 08:40:49 PM »

I suspect the accent is  a manifestation of the speech of a section of society - whether a town, university or other subculture I don't know, but I have heard it very occasionally from others recently.

Her accent has sounded odd to me in the past - whether I've become used to it, or it has evolved a little in recent years I'm not sure, but it sounds more reasonable to me lately.

My respect to her for persevering with public speaking when it clearly has not been easy for her.
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #3596 on: February 13, 2019, 08:41:31 PM »

Kate in a new long swishy pink dress tonight

myloveforroyals

Large Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #3597 on: February 13, 2019, 08:43:51 PM »

New Gucci gown, repeated shoes and clutch

Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #3598 on: February 13, 2019, 08:46:05 PM »

*reaches through screen to adjust that belt*

LarLa

Mini Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #3599 on: February 13, 2019, 08:48:12 PM »

Not a fan of the pink dress. I did like the suit from today but a slimmer skirt would have been more to my taste.

Busy day for her today - would be good to see that become a trend.
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 352   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: