Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 339   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate - news and photos III  (Read 1013288 times)
Oh_Caroline

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #4455 on: May 14, 2019, 04:11:12 PM »

Oh dear.  The drop waist is a no.  As is the skirt length...and to think we once wished for longer skirts.
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #4456 on: May 14, 2019, 04:16:44 PM »

Oh dear.  The drop waist is a no.  As is the skirt length...and to think we once wished for longer skirts.

It manages to be both frumpy and reevalling, which is quite an achievement

Take your pedopologies elsewhere
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #4457 on: May 14, 2019, 04:37:08 PM »

It manages to be both frumpy and reevalling, which is quite an achievement

Laugh bounce  Yep.  High neck, long sleeves, hem down near her ankles, yet seemingly no lining or slip and open up the front to the top of her thighs.  I wonder at the workings of her brain.  And why on earth would a woman with a long waist anyway, who seems to want to disguise that fact by so often wearing clothing which has little design tricks like peplums and a waistline well above her natural waist, decide to wear a dress with a drop waist?   Crazy   
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #4458 on: May 14, 2019, 04:44:25 PM »

From the waist up she looks great:

The pearl earrings are cute, she's got the Bletchley brooch on, her hair is a good length. But from the waist down, the dress is not nice.

Lady Liebe

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4459 on: May 14, 2019, 04:47:11 PM »

Now we wish for a few more buttons and a slip . . .
Tatini

Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #4460 on: May 14, 2019, 04:48:56 PM »

I have always loved this dress, so much so that I bought the Zara replica, which is a lot better; it is not silk, I admit it, but the lower part, a classic mid-length skirt, looks like a million dollars!
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #4461 on: May 14, 2019, 04:58:51 PM »

Doing some STEM codebreaking thing with visiting school children.

And it's an unflattering and expensive dress, but she is wearing it for a second time rather than buying an equally expensive but ever so slightly different polka dot dress for the event

lothwen

Warned
Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #4462 on: May 14, 2019, 05:48:09 PM »

I donít like how high the slit is, but I think she looks incredibly long and tall in this dress.
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #4463 on: May 14, 2019, 06:44:05 PM »

Cute close up pics (you can't see the drop waist). She should lend her hair colourist to Leti

And to bang on about KP's social media game again? it's definitely getting better. It tells a story, uses good photos and always provides links to the cause. Like...

The Duchess of Cambridge with @BletchleyPark Veterans Elizabeth Diacon, Georgina Rose, Audrey Mather and Rena Stewart ó who all worked to feed crucial information to Allied forces in the critical months, weeks and days leading up to D-Day during #WW2.

Like, it names the people she's meeting and links it to D-Day and bigs up their achievement. There's even a hashtag!

Lady Willoughby

Warned
Huge Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #4464 on: May 14, 2019, 07:13:25 PM »

Cute close up pics (you can't see the drop waist). She should lend her hair colourist to Leti

And to bang on about KP's social media game again? it's definitely getting better. It tells a story, uses good photos and always provides links to the cause. Like...

The Duchess of Cambridge with @BletchleyPark Veterans Elizabeth Diacon, Georgina Rose, Audrey Mather and Rena Stewart ó who all worked to feed crucial information to Allied forces in the critical months, weeks and days leading up to D-Day during #WW2.

Like, it names the people she's meeting and links it to D-Day and bigs up their achievement. There's even a hashtag!

Thatís a great photo at the bottom with the 4 women.

kpzra

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #4465 on: May 14, 2019, 07:19:40 PM »

My first thought was this is a great sitting dress (if that makes sense).
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Aka TrollSpoon.

Ignore
« Reply #4466 on: May 14, 2019, 07:24:38 PM »

For those curious, there is a great mini-series about Bletchley Park called The Bletchley Circle.  Beautifully shot and acted miniseries about the amazing work women did during World War II, particularly with regards to intelligence gathering and analysis.

Waity should be thrilled to be amongst such esteemed women.

You can call me TrollSpoon.
perdie

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #4467 on: May 14, 2019, 07:28:35 PM »

Thatís a great photo at the bottom with the 4 women.

It really is - well framed, I like that it's not one of everyone smiling for the camera but talking, and the dress photographs better sitting down - and by utter co-incidence, the colour matches everyone and tones with the info boards on the walls.

I'd like more visits to events and places without a personal interest, but I won't quibble with this one - women have been too often written out of the roles they played during war and this is a good reminder.
Ktc

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #4468 on: May 14, 2019, 07:39:44 PM »

I canít think of any instance where a drop waist looked great....on anyone. That being said, it works better on a tall and lean frame.
But I agree that her hair color is wonderful on her.
Lady G

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #4469 on: May 14, 2019, 08:12:37 PM »

It's a no from me today - far too revealing, too sheer, too low a waist. She looks soooooo thin it's frightening. And she looks knackered. But yay for a recycle and yay for keeping up the connection with Bletchley.

"Cowards falter, but danger is often overcome by those who nobly dare."
Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 339   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: