Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate - news and photos III  (Read 1008516 times)
Dresstoimpress

Mini Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #5055 on: July 13, 2019, 09:20:05 PM »

Pippa definately had the most appropriate and nicest dress. She definately stole someone's thunder Whistle.
whiplashhx

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #5056 on: July 13, 2019, 09:21:34 PM »

Bit of an odd question but say Kate and Meghan went to Wimbledon and a foreign born Princess was also in attendance (example being Princess Stephanie of Monaco or Princess Madeline of Sweden) would Kate and Meghan have to curtsey to them as they are not blood Royals and she is and would (using the example) Princess Stephanie/Madeline get priority seating if she’s of higher standing?
It was a random question my mum asked after watching Wimbledon the other day when Prince Albert was attending and I couldn’t work out the right answer and now it’s bugging me aha!

The DOK did away with curtsying unless the POW or Queen are in attendance
Oh_Caroline

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #5057 on: July 13, 2019, 09:29:54 PM »

Bit of an odd question but say Kate and Meghan went to Wimbledon and a foreign born Princess was also in attendance (example being Princess Stephanie of Monaco or Princess Madeline of Sweden) would Kate and Meghan have to curtsey to them as they are not blood Royals and she is and would (using the example) Princess Stephanie/Madeline get priority seating if she’s of higher standing?
It was a random question my mum asked after watching Wimbledon the other day when Prince Albert was attending and I couldn’t work out the right answer and now it’s bugging me aha!

IIRK generally HRH’s don’t curtesy to one another unless one is a HOS/Consort.  Seating would AFAIK be down to the folks at Wimbledon and I imagine that they give priority to HOS, heirs, patron/president, etc.  

They’d still get front row seats and of course Kate would be pretty high priority as patron.  The Wimbledon folks are top notch so they’d make sure no feathers were ruffled.  

Meghan only comes for Serena so I doubt she’s a big concern and most foreign royals only come when people from their country are playing.  

As above the Duke of Kent did away with the players curtesy to the royal box except when HM or Charles is in attendance but I’m not sure how that effects standard royal etiquette.
tsarinya

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #5058 on: July 13, 2019, 09:35:07 PM »

Thank you for the replies! I’ll pass it on to my mum Smiley
Lord G¡n

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #5059 on: July 13, 2019, 10:23:50 PM »

I think princesses only curtsey to kings and queens. The BRF have their own  curtsey protocol and order of precedence (blood/non blood)
Lady Liebe

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #5060 on: July 13, 2019, 11:20:46 PM »

Bruhaha, with Kate as the Patron dragging her along they make sure it's not a "private" visit.

Let's hope Serena cuts it short like 6:0 / 6:0 - otherwise they'll get frozen mouths corners. Nobody can smile for over an hour to pretend it's all good ...

I'd hope that Kate will hand over the trophy here. Kr would that still be done by Duke of Kent?

It will be the DoK. He’s still the President of the All England Club. Kate is patron.

Did the Duchess of Kent used to be the on who handed out the ladies trophies in the past? I remember when Jana Novotna cried on her shoulder after a heartbreaking loss to Steffi Graff in the early 90s, but the Duke seems to have taken over the last decade or so. Does anyone know why the Duchess stopped?

I think it would be nice to have Kate handing out the ladies trophy eventually.

Pippa's dress is Crap Not a fan. Meghan and Kate both look good.

Yes, the Duchess of Kent used to present the ladies trophies. IIRC there was a story of her (DoK) being ill and Martina Navartirola riding a bike to the hospital to bring her flowers. 
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Huge Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #5061 on: July 13, 2019, 11:27:47 PM »

Bruhaha, with Kate as the Patron dragging her along they make sure it's not a "private" visit.

Let's hope Serena cuts it short like 6:0 / 6:0 - otherwise they'll get frozen mouths corners. Nobody can smile for over an hour to pretend it's all good ...

I'd hope that Kate will hand over the trophy here. Kr would that still be done by Duke of Kent?

It will be the DoK. He’s still the President of the All England Club. Kate is patron.

Did the Duchess of Kent used to be the on who handed out the ladies trophies in the past? I remember when Jana Novotna cried on her shoulder after a heartbreaking loss to Steffi Graff in the early 90s, but the Duke seems to have taken over the last decade or so. Does anyone know why the Duchess stopped?

Yes, the Duchess of Kent used to present the ladies trophies. IIRC there was a story of her (DoK) being ill and Martina Navartirola riding a bike to the hospital to bring her flowers. 

That’s so sweet!

emtishell

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #5062 on: July 14, 2019, 04:09:41 AM »

In 2002 she stopped using the HRH title, and reduced her royal duties.... mainly due to health issues (chronic fatigue).
Carreen

Micro Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #5063 on: July 14, 2019, 05:26:54 AM »

Kate looks really great and seems to enjoy the day. I don't particularly like some of the details on her dress (too many fussy details) but the line is beautiful and the colour is simply wow for her. She looks very comfortable in her skin although she still does this weird clapping thing but she's visibly growing into her role as alpha lady. She's playing her cards very well with return outfits that look fresh&frugal at the same time. Well, royal frugal ;-)

Pippa's dress is beautiful but I wonder about her style. The dress says dainty (porcelain colours, soft layers), her face and body say athletic and strong. Imo she looks stunning in simpler lines. But I always like to see how the two sisters get along. They both look very very well. It can't be easy to sit in the middle for anyone...

I'm looking forward to the men's finals today. I didn't watch all the matches but the ones I saw were great. (My siblings and I will present our mother, an ardent tennis fan and player, with tickets for Wimbledon next year. Wimbledon is the Holy Grail for her. And the royal box adds to the fun of people watching. I have my Anglophile genes from her).
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #5064 on: July 14, 2019, 11:19:35 AM »

OMG. A pleated skirt adds 5 kgs even if you are an ironing board.
For her, at her current figure, it's an odd choice. Especially because the black waistband even highlights the no waist/absolutely short torso thing.
And it drives me crazy that the white of the skirt is eggshell, while the shirt is real white.
Wouldn't be surprised to learn that the skirt is 1200 USD, the blouse 200, a new handbag 1500 and she also wears new blue suede heels at 600.

From the three, I would wear what Pipster chose. That's a nice summery dress.

That's what I wrote yesterday just minutes after she took her seat.
Later, I was rather positively surprised that the skirt was BOSS and "only" 440 USD.
Today I have learned that the "crisp white shirt" is Givenchy and allegedly costs 870 USD ...
That's 1310 USD for both, pretty close to my guesstimate of 1400.

A. Simple. White. Shirt.  Swoon  Swoon  Swoon

https://www.dailymail.co....ate-writes-LIZ-JONES.html
tsarinya

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #5065 on: July 14, 2019, 12:01:39 PM »

Will Kate watch the men’s final or does she only watch the women’s?
KeepingUpApp...

Baby Member

Slovenia Slovenia

Ignore
« Reply #5066 on: July 14, 2019, 12:25:37 PM »

Will Kate watch the men’s final or does she only watch the women’s?

She will be at the men's final today with William.

Vava

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #5067 on: July 15, 2019, 12:48:36 AM »

The green dress is now ill fitting and too tight.  Time to retire it.  The blue Wickstead is a nice color, interesting design but the fabric is too heavy and doesn’t drape well.

Her shoes are boring as usual.
Vava

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #5068 on: August 09, 2019, 04:31:32 PM »

Kate's peplum striped sweater and navy pants with sneakers............that sweater doesn't work for her and should be given to someone with a shorter waist/torso.  The pants, I'm not fond of the white buttons, but with a different top and different shoes they could work.

Her shorts she wore for the sailing are ill-fitting.  I don't mind the length or the color, but they are frumpy in the tailoring department.

Her big wide open mouth expressions - yikes.
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: