Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate - news and photos III  (Read 1066388 times)
Carreen

Micro Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #5235 on: September 20, 2019, 08:56:23 AM »

I'm really glad to see the recent development in both Cambridges. Kate is finding her role and I think she will be a good Princess of Wales in her own way. She seems to connect better, her smile is more relaxed, and if she needed time to carve out her niche, okay, that's behind us. I think the media can stop now their comparisons with her late MIL, I can't imagine how frustrating they must be. William radiates more warmth, Kate more self confidence, well done. And let's not forget their work as parents. It can't be easy to raise happy kids in a goldfish bowl where the huge privilege comes at a high price.

Early childhood education, nature education, gardens and outdoors, mental health, youth in distress - it seems that Kate has found the topics that interest her, and they're all connected with her role as mother. Which is traditional but why not? If you ask me, the world needs more maternal authority and input, not less. Maybe Hilary Mantel might re-consider her verdict now about the shallowness of the role designed for Kate? The older she gets, the less interest her looks and locks will get, and the focus will shift to her work.

I'm an optimist at heart and I like what I see lately.
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #5236 on: September 20, 2019, 09:20:52 AM »

Didn't KP take the better social media employees with them in the split? They can probably afford to pay more too.

Damnit, Kate, she really is starting to come into her own and her and Will look like they are working as a team rather than Will and Kate along somewhere else. If she is doing private events like this as a way to get her out (maybe she is still shy about the crowds), I don't care as long as she keeps doing them. Diana was Diana, they tried to turn Kate into the Glamor Princess on the Red Carpet and then the Caring Princess and thats just not her. Perhaps now she is finally finding out what IS her for the first time in her life and these events are reflecting that.

I think you make a good point. I'm not judging her life choices but at the point of marrying into the royal family, she didn't have the sort of life experiences that work, etc, would have given her. She's now had a few years of being a wife and mother and seems more confident, and comfortable in her self. I think she has good advisors around her and is doing a stand up job of raising George, Charlotte and Louis.

And before this sugar load pushes me into a diabetic coma, when did Kate become one of those royals who is super cute with children?

Currently visualizing my highest self
Konradin

Mini Member

Argentina Argentina

“Après moi le déluge”

Ignore
« Reply #5237 on: September 20, 2019, 02:05:02 PM »

Didn't KP take the better social media employees with them in the split? They can probably afford to pay more too.

Damnit, Kate, she really is starting to come into her own and her and Will look like they are working as a team rather than Will and Kate along somewhere else. If she is doing private events like this as a way to get her out (maybe she is still shy about the crowds), I don't care as long as she keeps doing them. Diana was Diana, they tried to turn Kate into the Glamor Princess on the Red Carpet and then the Caring Princess and thats just not her. Perhaps now she is finally finding out what IS her for the first time in her life and these events are reflecting that.
I was afraid she would remain shy, and work mostly as William's crutch, thankfully, we can now say she is starting to develop her own public persona. As long as it works for her, it will work for the public. It has to be, otherwise it is just an act, and we have a lot of that already from other members of that family.  Secret

Plus, we expect them to be reliable, and she is proven to us already she can be. Good for her this is finally happening.  Thumb up
Vava

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #5238 on: September 20, 2019, 04:54:09 PM »

I still think Kate is lazy.

I mostly follow her to look at her outfits and lately those have been complete failures.  That floral dress she wore the other day was one of her worst, and girlfriend desperately needs help when wearing cropped pants from Zara.
Kitty

Warned
Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #5239 on: September 20, 2019, 05:23:05 PM »

How is she not a caring princess?
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Pitcairn Pitcairn

"The gauntlet is definitely thrown down. Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #5240 on: September 20, 2019, 05:52:30 PM »

And before this sugar load pushes me into a diabetic coma, when did Kate become one of those royals who is super cute with children?

1. She became more comfortable with kids once she had her own and as they grew out of the infant stage she realized how fun and engaging they can be.
2. She became more comfortable with doing these engagements with cameras around.
SvenskaSarah

Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #5241 on: September 20, 2019, 06:49:44 PM »

I really hope that in time it's Kate who continues Charles' work with nature and the environment, and hopefully that passion can be handed down to one of her kids. Since Louis' birth she has started to come into her own, which is great to see. I think after having children and not being the only young 'married-in', she's relaxed a lot more and gained some sort of focus and perspective into her role and public persona. I hope this continues, and her work rate increases. I understand her wanting to be at home more while Louis is still very young, but once he begins school, I wouldn't be too surprised if her and Wills' work rate increases significantly (I certainly hope this!). Though by that time their position could have changed or altered slightly; the Queen will be 96 ish when Louis starts school, and I can envisage her sticking to engagements largely in London or close to Balmoral, while Charles, Camilla, William and Kate undertake more 'bread and butter' type engagements in and around the UK, as well as more abroad trips.
ralf103

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #5242 on: September 20, 2019, 08:54:14 PM »

There has undeniably been a huge turn around in the Cambridges work. Yes there is still a long way to go and they still do relatively little but at least they are more likely to be seen doing something with real people rather than a glitzy film premiere. 
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Pitcairn Pitcairn

Ignore
« Reply #5243 on: September 21, 2019, 08:15:47 AM »

The Duchess of Cambridge, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, this morning received Mr Jason Knauf (Chief Executive).

The Duchess of Cambridge, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, afterwards held an Early Years Meeting.

- COURT CIRCULAR || 20 SEPTEMBER 2019
Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #5244 on: September 21, 2019, 09:23:37 AM »

You'd almost think the Duchess of Sussex was hired as a temporary casual to come in and make the Duchess of Cambridge look good! (Which she does).
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

wannabe Lesbaru driver

Ignore
« Reply #5245 on: September 21, 2019, 09:38:16 AM »

Ha! I bet Kate does appreciate that - they look perfect despite nothing changing over the years compared to the alternative.

I wish we learned more about this Early Years initiative. What is it about? What does it entail? Who are they engaging as the experts? What is the entire point and purpose?

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #5246 on: September 21, 2019, 12:21:54 PM »

Meghan is O/T.
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #5247 on: September 21, 2019, 12:38:56 PM »

The Duchess of Cambridge, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, this morning received Mr Jason Knauf (Chief Executive).

The Duchess of Cambridge, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, afterwards held an Early Years Meeting.

Oi, KP twitter, put a single posed meeting photo on your social media for stuff like this, yeah?

Currently visualizing my highest self
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Pitcairn Pitcairn

Ignore
« Reply #5248 on: September 21, 2019, 03:46:57 PM »

Oi, KP twitter, put a single posed meeting photo on your social media for stuff like this, yeah?
Thumb up Yes I don't know why the BRF doesn't do this on  a regular basis. The Spanish royals seem to photograph every meeting they hold, but with the BRF it's unusual to see any photos from meetings.
Lady Liebe

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #5249 on: September 21, 2019, 08:22:36 PM »

Thumb up Yes I don't know why the BRF doesn't do this on  a regular basis. The Spanish royals seem to photograph every meeting they hold, but with the BRF it's unusual to see any photos from meetings.

The Swedish royal family does that too - one picture is worth a thousand words, so they say.
Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: