Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 420   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate - news and photos III  (Read 1302086 times)
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

BelgianRF fan account

Ignore
« Reply #5250 on: September 21, 2019, 08:51:46 PM »

The Duchess of Cambridge, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, this morning received Mr Jason Knauf (Chief Executive).

The Duchess of Cambridge, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, afterwards held an Early Years Meeting.

- COURT CIRCULAR || 20 SEPTEMBER 2019

Oi, KP twitter, put a single posed meeting photo on your social media for stuff like this, yeah?
Thumb up Yes I don't know why the BRF doesn't do this on  a regular basis. The Spanish royals seem to photograph every meeting they hold, but with the BRF it's unusual to see any photos from meetings.

The Swedish royal family does that too - one picture is worth a thousand words, so they say.

And the Belgians do it, too

Future Crayon says de-escalate
ralf103

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #5251 on: September 21, 2019, 09:05:27 PM »

I think unless they are going to be like Princess Anne and be out and about most of the time they should help themselves out  and have pics of everything they do.
NAOTMAA

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #5252 on: September 21, 2019, 11:49:24 PM »

I think unless they are going to be like Princess Anne and be out and about most of the time they should help themselves out  and have pics of everything they do.

They probably consider that an invasion of their privacy  Tongue

The BRF is always a few years behind the mainland royals when it comes to the modern stuff but they usually get there at some point. Just look at how long it took them to get their social media account done competently
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #5253 on: September 22, 2019, 02:30:04 AM »

While I agree, I don't see that happening during QEII's reign. Perhaps they will with Charles' or William's.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

in search of ethical emerald tiaras

Ignore
« Reply #5254 on: September 22, 2019, 02:44:12 AM »

Privacy and my cynical self says these meetings don't happen as often as the CC says they do - or if so it's a mere five minutes at best.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
NAOTMAA

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #5255 on: September 22, 2019, 04:19:32 AM »

Privacy and my cynical self says these meetings don't happen as often as the CC says they do - or if so it's a mere five minutes at best.

If they do all the behind the scenes work and meetings the CC says they do it surely doesn't show when they have leave their home and visit the common folk their suppose to help. Their visits are always so shallow and lacking in substance that its impossible to believe. All Kate does is take photos with little kids and you don't need to attend meetings to do that. Her speeches, written by someone else, that she just delivers them in a "meh" way, don't require meetings either. William is pretty much no different.

The probably got a representative of their team attending the substance part of the meeting and ready to give them the quick summary and "cliff notes" they need to look semi-competent when they go out. Chances are the "mere five minutes" they show themselves, as you suggest, is a quick "hello and thank you for coming" that the people of the charity can brag about to friends later and nothing else.
Kitty

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #5256 on: September 22, 2019, 06:05:28 PM »

If they do all the behind the scenes work and meetings the CC says they do it surely doesn't show when they have leave their home and visit the common folk their suppose to help. Their visits are always so shallow and lacking in substance that its impossible to believe. All Kate does is take photos with little kids and you don't need to attend meetings to do that. Her speeches, written by someone else, that she just delivers them in a "meh" way, don't require meetings either. William is pretty much no different.

The probably got a representative of their team attending the substance part of the meeting and ready to give them the quick summary and "cliff notes" they need to look semi-competent when they go out. Chances are the "mere five minutes" they show themselves, as you suggest, is a quick "hello and thank you for coming" that the people of the charity can brag about to friends later and nothing else.
I wish they would visit the common folk and help. They are the ones who would support them in years to come anyways.
Konradin

Small Member

Argentina Argentina

“Après moi le déluge”

Ignore
« Reply #5257 on: September 23, 2019, 01:33:55 PM »

Ha! I bet Kate does appreciate that - they look perfect despite nothing changing over the years compared to the alternative.
It's sad actually, a lot of people, myself included, had to get to the point of having someone else to compare her with, to finally being able to appreciate her. What I used to find a bore, now I come to realize is an asset. Change, for change itself, especially when it's words only, does not appeal to me. Good work, that I do love.  Smiley
LarLa

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #5258 on: September 23, 2019, 06:49:46 PM »

I've said before that I'd like to see a public schedule that includes how long they spend at different engagements/meetings. Not just that it happened. It would give a much better indication and comparison point of royal work loads and schedules. Someone spending 4 hours at one engagement should get equal accounting as someone who did 4 one hour engagements as they are working for the same amount of time.

I would like to Kate work more as would most of us. I do see a change in both her and her husband this past year in terms of focus. But they need more transparency and accountability across the board.
Celia

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #5259 on: September 23, 2019, 11:20:39 PM »

I haven't read the Court Circular is a long time (paywall), but I remember clearly reading about Princess Anne:  she'd have a bunch of engagements in a single day (four? five?), and the CC listed the arrival times for each one.  It was interesting reading, because it showed what a well-oiled machine the Firm really is.
Kitty

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #5260 on: September 23, 2019, 11:42:48 PM »

I haven't read the Court Circular is a long time (paywall), but I remember clearly reading about Princess Anne:  she'd have a bunch of engagements in a single day (four? five?), and the CC listed the arrival times for each one.  It was interesting reading, because it showed what a well-oiled machine the Firm really is.
Anne is truly amazing!
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #5261 on: September 24, 2019, 12:16:40 AM »

Check out Gerts Royals as that is often updated with the daily/weekly CC. Smiley
Konradin

Small Member

Argentina Argentina

“Après moi le déluge”

Ignore
« Reply #5262 on: September 24, 2019, 03:21:00 PM »

Anne is truly amazing!
Anne works a lot, she is always there, willing and trying very hard to see what she can do to help. Whenever she gets herlsef into a cause, she does it 100%. There is something else, she likes no fuzz whatsoever, she is a very private person.
Kitty

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #5263 on: September 24, 2019, 06:35:36 PM »

Anne is truly amazing!
Anne works a lot, she is always there, willing and trying very hard to see what she can do to help. Whenever she gets herlsef into a cause, she does it 100%. There is something else, she likes no fuzz whatsoever, she is a very private person.
It’s why I don’t think Charles will cut her off when he’s King. He needs her.
CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #5264 on: September 26, 2019, 04:22:33 PM »

I'm not so sure. Chuck banned his siblings from the balcony and seems to seriously dislike all of them.
Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 420   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: