Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 374   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate - news and photos III  (Read 1158523 times)
jolene

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #5265 on: September 26, 2019, 04:54:16 PM »

I'm not so sure. Chuck banned his siblings from the balcony and seems to seriously dislike all of them.
What a jerk. I can understand not liking Andy, but Anne and Edward? They come across as perfectly nice people.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

in search of ethical emerald tiaras

Ignore
« Reply #5266 on: September 26, 2019, 04:56:40 PM »

They've been on the balcony excepting for the Jubilee stuff?

I don't see Charles booting Anne, and Edward and Sophie will become Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh so I cannot see them being removed from the roster so to speak. He can't afford that because the younger lot refuse to work.

For this engagement: Kate's a big girl who presses buttons now, instead of deferring to William. Manic faces and hair everywhere. Recycled coat dress. Same old same old.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Kitty

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #5267 on: September 26, 2019, 06:20:53 PM »

They've been on the balcony excepting for the Jubilee stuff?

I don't see Charles booting Anne, and Edward and Sophie will become Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh so I cannot see them being removed from the roster so to speak. He can't afford that because the younger lot refuse to work.

For this engagement: Kate's a big girl who presses buttons now, instead of deferring to William. Manic faces and hair everywhere. Recycled coat dress. Same old same old.
Lol haha. Yeah it would be dumb for Charles get rid of Anne, Edward and Sophie. How kids and their wives donít put in much work anyways.
LarLa

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #5268 on: September 26, 2019, 06:44:41 PM »

During a Charles reign I see the Kent's and Gloucester's having their balcony days come to an end. I think the siblings will stay for at least the early days to help with a sense of continuity.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 07:23:23 PM by LarLa, Reason: grammer » Logged
Lady Liebe

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #5269 on: September 26, 2019, 06:59:09 PM »

During a Charles reign a see the Kent's and Gloucester's having their balcony days come to an end. I think the siblings will stay for at least the early days to help with a sense of continuity.

Quite likely. It's very crowded as it is now. I'd like to see Lady Sarah Chatto and the Earl of Snowden's families still included though.

While it's not a public occasion, I hope he keeps the Christmas lunch for the extended family.
Bunnyette

Micro Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #5270 on: September 26, 2019, 11:11:53 PM »

I haven't read the Court Circular is a long time (paywall), but I remember clearly reading about Princess Anne:  she'd have a bunch of engagements in a single day (four? five?), and the CC listed the arrival times for each one.  It was interesting reading, because it showed what a well-oiled machine the Firm really is.
Anne is truly amazing!
Anne works a lot, she is always there, willing and trying very hard to see what she can do to help. Whenever she gets herlsef into a cause, she does it 100%. There is something else, she likes no fuzz whatsoever, she is a very private person.
Itís why I donít think Charles will cut her off when heís King. He needs her.

He dare not...his siblings still do a lot.  However, while the Cambridgeís have been not seen as much, Iíve noticed Kate and even Wills seem much more engaged lately.
perdie

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #5271 on: September 26, 2019, 11:40:23 PM »

I saw Kate on the news today.  I tend to read not watch my news, so I think this is one of the first times I've heard her speak!  She has a lovely voice, though it's possible to detect a forced accent change in the slight strangulation of some vowels.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

in search of ethical emerald tiaras

Ignore
« Reply #5272 on: September 26, 2019, 11:44:08 PM »

Her accent isn't as bad as it has been in the past where she could barely say George or other words without it being so strangled and mumbled, you had no clue what she was saying. Maybe she's more comfortable with herself and hasn't felt the need to force a posher-than-the-Queen accent these days.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
QueenE

Mini Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #5273 on: October 03, 2019, 06:37:50 PM »

From Twitter: "The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron of the Natural History Museum, will visit the Angela Marmont Centre for UK Biodiversity to hear how it is championing and helping to protect UK wildlife - 9th October."

https://twitter.com/thero.../1179792725685747715?s=20
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #5274 on: October 03, 2019, 08:12:55 PM »

The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron of the Natural History Museum, will visit the Angela Marmont Centre for UK Biodiversity to hear how it is championing and helping to protect UK wildlife - 9th October.

faulty DNA
Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #5275 on: October 03, 2019, 08:22:50 PM »

From Twitter: "The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron of the Natural History Museum, will visit the Angela Marmont Centre for UK Biodiversity to hear how it is championing and helping to protect UK wildlife - 9th October."

https://twitter.com/thero.../1179792725685747715?s=20

How cool, really looking forward to it.
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #5276 on: October 28, 2019, 03:37:44 AM »

ITV
25 October 2019 at 6:04pm

Brand new children's hospice opened after six years fundraising

A state-of-the-art children's hospice has been officially opened in South Norfolk, following a £10m fundraising campaign.
For six years East Anglian Children's Hospices have been fundraising to replace their old facility at Quidenham.
'The Nook' has now been opened in Framingham Earl, featuring seven bedrooms and three family rooms for children with serious and terminal illnesses.

Source: www.itv.com/news/anglia/2019-10-25/brand-new-children-s-hospice-opened-after-six-years-fundraising/

Will there be an 'official' opening ceremony and reception? Will the EACH patron, Duchess of Cambridge, be there to celebrate the new hospice opening?
 Thinking

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
Spacetime tells matter how to move; matter tells spacetime how to curve. ~JWheeler
luvcharles

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #5277 on: October 28, 2019, 03:46:00 AM »

I'm not so sure. Chuck banned his siblings from the balcony and seems to seriously dislike all of them.

Charles wanted to recreate the balcony that Queen Victoria had in 1897 - i.e. the monarch and the heir apparent and his family only. It wasn't so much against his siblings be recreating the only other Diamond Jubilee event.
luvcharles

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #5278 on: October 28, 2019, 03:48:42 AM »

I haven't read the Court Circular is a long time (paywall), but I remember clearly reading about Princess Anne:  she'd have a bunch of engagements in a single day (four? five?), and the CC listed the arrival times for each one.  It was interesting reading, because it showed what a well-oiled machine the Firm really is.

I have been reading the CC since the mid-90s and have never seen times listed. It must be a much older CC.

You can find the CC not behind a pay wall here - https://theroyalrecord.wordpress.com/ and here https://www.royal.uk/court-circular

The first one is posted by someone who has access to The Times and puts it up most days. Sometimes it is a day or so behind but that is because it is a labour of love and not a paid job.

The second is from the British Monarch website and sometimes it can be quite slow in going up.
luvcharles

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #5279 on: October 28, 2019, 03:50:46 AM »

Check out Gerts Royals as that is often updated with the daily/weekly CC. Smiley

The problem I find with Gerts Royals is that it is selective about which royals are put up - not every royal is included every day. Often the Gloucesters and Kents are ignored. I prefer The Royal Record as it is the full CC every day.
Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 374   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: