Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 380   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate - news and photos III  (Read 1163997 times)
Kitty

Warned
Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #5400 on: December 06, 2019, 07:36:28 AM »

Three visits in 23 years is not a huge number of visits. How about a visit every so many months?

Given the number of charities the royals support - around 4000 in total a visit ever few months would mean 4 a year and that would mean 16,000 visits along with all the other duties.

It isn't feasible at all.

The Queen hardly ever visited any of her charities and that applies to all of them.

Camilla has 90 charities but she doesn't visit all of them every year. Charles has around 400 charities and again they don't get a visit every year. Edward has around 200 but the vast majority of his engagements are to do with only one - Duke of Edinburgh's Awards.

Wonderful summary.

Personally I take issue with the younger generations claim that they'd have only a handful of charities so they could be "more involved"...whatever that means.  I don't really feel like they're any more involved than the royals that have boat loads of charities...or at least involved on a level that provides solid justification.

If we're honest with ourselves there's almost zero need for 4,000 some odd charities to have a royal patron.  Sticking with a more modest amount (say under 50 plus military stuff) for the average royal would work...visiting once to twice a year or as needed by the charity in question.  Of course for the monarch there's another set of charities that have had the monarch as patron for several monarchs in a row...or the Queen whether regent or consort...that's slightly different.

As royals either retire, die, or are fired it's a good time to evaluate the need and effectiveness of having a royal patron for each affected charity...and which working royal would be a good fit.  It's my opinion that as the BRF reduces it's official working members we will see a dramatic change to the number of patronages...but hopefully with the "more involved" to back up the change.  Non working royals, just like nobles or celebs, are welcome to support however many charities they want with their own time.
I hope it won't be an excuse to not work more.
LarLa

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #5401 on: December 06, 2019, 12:57:07 PM »

I read somewhere from someone in the charity sector that a visit from a royal takes a lot of resources away from the day to day business. Most like to use the royal patrons name mostly for fundraising.
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #5402 on: December 06, 2019, 01:02:33 PM »

I wonder what the effectiveness of a “name only” royal patron is vs no royal patron. 

It’s a very good point that at the end of the day the level of involvement is up to the charity....but I still get stuck on the “fewer to be more involved” thing.  Perhaps it was just youthful ignorance.
Duchess of Verona

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #5403 on: December 06, 2019, 02:31:20 PM »

Charities do not have to have a royal patron. If they have one, even one who doesn't visit, they must feel that it is worthwhile to have the royal's name connected to their charity. If the charity isn't seeing any benefit they wouldn't keep the royal or ask for a replacement when one dies.

Sometimes they may simply put their name to a fundraising event e.g. write a letter in support. That doesn't get into the CC as an engagement though.

I do think that in 20 years time the working royals will be doing only around 1000 engagements in total per year rather than the nearly 3500+ they do now.
There will be no option if Charles gets that 'slimmed down monarchy' he's been pushing for. Frankly, It's going to take more than one person to pick up the Princess Royal's duties. She's a workhorse.
Aubiette

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #5404 on: December 12, 2019, 01:16:49 AM »

CC Kate held a Early Years meeting today.
thecrownjewelthief

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #5405 on: December 12, 2019, 04:10:33 PM »

DM has one of their "body language experts" analyzing Kate's appearance last night vs. the first state banquet she attended in 2015 (https://www.dailymail.co....escued-Queen-Waiting.html). Obviously they pull these types of articles out a lot, but I did think it was interesting to look at the two different sets of photos and see that she really does appear more relaxed and confident than she did then. She's never going to be a Leti or Max in the confidence and charisma categories, but as we've all said recently, it's good that she's finally finding her footing. I'd also love to see her in the Lotus tiara again too now that she's doing better tiara hair!
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #5406 on: December 13, 2019, 09:07:13 PM »

DM has one of their "body language experts" analyzing Kate's appearance last night vs. the first state banquet she attended in 2015 (https://www.dailymail.co....escued-Queen-Waiting.html). Obviously they pull these types of articles out a lot, but I did think it was interesting to look at the two different sets of photos and see that she really does appear more relaxed and confident than she did then. She's never going to be a Leti or Max in the confidence and charisma categories, but as we've all said recently, it's good that she's finally finding her footing. I'd also love to see her in the Lotus tiara again too now that she's doing better tiara hair!
Intersting inded
But imo its very normal ,i mean when you are a new to a job that is highly demanding (media/public  field) especially be DIL of someone charismatic and worldly famous and liked like Diana and add to that that the dynamic of the BRF is not that easy or soft....with all that it's normal to be nervous and stressed at start i even can see Max or Leti stressed in those circonstances...but Katie managed well,i never thought i may said that but she is in the right way
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 09:13:36 PM by Rita » Logged

jolene

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #5407 on: December 14, 2019, 07:09:36 AM »

Keep in mind that photos are a second in time. Someone can take photos of me at an event and one moment I'm smiling and laughing and then I happen to look down at something. Suddenly, I'm miserable and downtrodden.
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #5408 on: December 14, 2019, 12:48:36 PM »

Very good point.  I think they might be comparing a photo of her standing for an anthem to a photo of her talking to a guest...two totally different things that call for completely different body language.  And of course her jewelry and orders are more up to the Queen than up to her.  Also the “pretty princess” gown is actually better suited to her body type as it helps to balance her wide shoulders and narrow hips. 

All that being said...of course someone would be nervous at their first state event. 

One of my complaints is that because she (and William) was so coddled it’s taken far longer for her to get comfortable.  Nine years and she’s only attended 4 of the 14 state visits and 6 of the 10 diplomatic receptions since her engagement.  The BRF need to understand that there’s a difference between throwing someone into the deep end unsupported, coddling fully grown adults, and offering proper support to accomplish age and position appropriate goals.  Had they done so then perhaps Kate would have shaken the nerves by 5 years rather than by 9.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 01:22:59 PM by Oh_Caroline » Logged
emtishell

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #5409 on: December 14, 2019, 01:13:02 PM »

Intersting inded
But imo its very normal ,i mean when you are a new to a job that is highly demanding (media/public  field) especially be DIL of someone charismatic and worldly famous and liked like Diana and add to that that the dynamic of the BRF is not that easy or soft....with all that it's normal to be nervous and stressed at start i even can see Max or Leti stressed in those circonstances...but Katie managed well,i never thought i may said that but she is in the right way

Diana didn’t cme into the RF so charismatic etc..... her first few formal events she also looked stressed, nervous and out of place! She grew into it, just as Kate has.
Kitty

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #5410 on: December 14, 2019, 01:17:56 PM »

Intersting inded

Diana didn’t cme into the RF so charismatic etc..... her first few formal events she also looked stressed, nervous and out of place! She grew into it, just as Kate has.
She was always charismatic but just shy. Charisma only few have.
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #5411 on: December 14, 2019, 04:14:35 PM »

Intersting inded

And its exactly my point about been nervous and stressed at first days of joining a firm lik the BRF..not easy at the start not even for charismatic personnality like Diana because she was very charismatic even if in the beguining she was also shy and nervous.

Lady Liebe

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #5412 on: December 14, 2019, 05:32:25 PM »

Very good point.  I think they might be comparing a photo of her standing for an anthem to a photo of her talking to a guest...two totally different things that call for completely different body language.  And of course her jewelry and orders are more up to the Queen than up to her.  Also the “pretty princess” gown is actually better suited to her body type as it helps to balance her wide shoulders and narrow hips. 

All that being said...of course someone would be nervous at their first state event. 

One of my complaints is that because she (and William) was so coddled it’s taken far longer for her to get comfortable.  Nine years and she’s only attended 4 of the 14 state visits and 6 of the 10 diplomatic receptions since her engagement.  The BRF need to understand that there’s a difference between throwing someone into the deep end unsupported, coddling fully grown adults, and offering proper support to accomplish age and position appropriate goals.  Had they done so then perhaps Kate would have shaken the nerves by 5 years rather than by 9.

While I agree in theory, I can see why, at least in part, The BRF handled Will and Kate like they did. As you said, Will was coddled, and I will add spoilt, most of his life. He would have been so even if certain events in his life had not transpired. That led in a large part to William being let have his own way in how much he and by extension Kate, would work. Treated him with kid gloves and walked on eggshells around him, they did. Second, there were complications, large and small with three previous married ins, not counting Tim Lawrence or Autumn Kelly. I think they very much wanted no problems whatsoever with W&K, and so let them make their own schedule.

If Will had been of a different temperament, less spoilt and less stubborn, we'd have seen Will working more before and after marriage, and Kate be eased in on a faster timetable.
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #5413 on: December 14, 2019, 05:47:14 PM »

While I agree in theory, I can see why, at least in part, The BRF handled Will and Kate like they did. As you said, Will was coddled, and I will add spoilt, most of his life. He would have been so even if certain events in his life had not transpired. That led in a large part to William being let have his own way in how much he and by extension Kate, would work. Treated him with kid gloves and walked on eggshells around him, they did. Second, there were complications, large and small with three previous married ins, not counting Tim Lawrence or Autumn Kelly. I think they very much wanted no problems whatsoever with W&K, and so let them make their own schedule.

If Will had been of a different temperament, less spoilt and less stubborn, we'd have seen Will working more before and after marriage, and Kate be eased in on a faster timetable.

Oh yeah, I can totally see how and why they let it happen.  The thing that they’ve completely confused coddled/spoiled with well supported and eased in.  There’s no good reason why William couldn’t have been a working royal from his mid-20s and Kate from her engagement/marriage...but I can still follow the train of thought with why they weren’t.

Thanks goodness they’ve finally found their footing and are eased into their reality.  It just a pity that it took so long because that would have spared them so much grief in the mid-2010s. 
Lady Liebe

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #5414 on: December 14, 2019, 05:55:00 PM »

Oh yeah, I can totally see how and why they let it happen.  The thing that they’ve completely confused coddled/spoiled with well supported and eased in.  There’s no good reason why William couldn’t have been a working royal from his mid-20s and Kate from her engagement/marriage...but I can still follow the train of thought with why they weren’t.

Thanks goodness they’ve finally found their footing and are eased into their reality.  It just a pity that it took so long because that would have spared them so much grief in the mid-2010s. 

What I'm hoping for is that W&K will recognise their own shortcomings, so the next generation will be much better prepared and ready to take on full time duties no later than age 25.
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 380   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: