Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 405   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate - news and photos III  (Read 1216806 times)
lothwen

Warned
Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #5700 on: January 23, 2020, 07:34:33 PM »

I’m just happy I have a little cutie at home to satisfy my baby cravings .

I think maybe Kate is at the best place in her marriage and family life. I believe William got counseling, correct? Maybe that, plus having one last kid, plus maybe finding her “calling “ as a royal really helped.
Chandrasekhi

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #5701 on: January 24, 2020, 09:46:17 AM »

In
I'll chip in. Kate must have been blindsided by all the competition. All she's done is go about her business in her role. I do not think at any moment she herself was competitive. She never needed to be.

Thinking The existentialist threat posed by the exotic, invasive Burmese python to the indigenous wildlife in the Everglades as documented in the gripping feature by Brigit Katz  in the Smithsonian magazine, may hold  a salutary lesson for the BRF.

In the 1980s, Burmese pythons were released into the Florida wilderness by pet lovers who no longer wanted the exotic pets they imported. In their natural habitat, these predators would have been preyed upon by species higher-up in the food chain. The delicate  eco-systems in the Florida wilderness held no natural predators for the Burmese pythons. It proliferated  “eating its way through populations of birds and mammals, including some that are endangered” with one agency recording a “99 percent reduction of fur bearing animals” due to the ravenous Burmese pythons.”

Authorities and agencies have implemented measures to curb the explosive growth of the Burmese python. Is it too late?  

https://www.smithsonianma...ridas-wildlife-180970178/

interesting isn't it ?
Now we can go very psychological and wonder who in our story is the python and who the indigenous wildlife...

fairy, this analogy arose out of reflections on Paulina's profound post ( Star Paulina). After reading the papers this morning, I am  horrified to report that the very scenario is already playing itself out.  Blink   Crazy   Angry .

As much as we comment on fashion, there is a treasure trove of social commentary from erudite Dishers, on the board. In support of anything remotely decent/of substance/dutiful,  the BRF in the United Kingdom requires bolstering as a valuable constitutional entity (welfare scrounging aside).  

It is under attack and the battleground has become social media as the "influencers" take the field  and refuse to yield.

In the immortal strains of "American Pie"
" ...the jester sang for the king and queen
In a coat he borrowed from James Dean
And a voice that came from you and me

..and while the king was looking down
The jester stole his thorny crown
Now the halftime air was sweet perfume
While the sergeants played a marching tune
We all got up to dance
Oh, but we never got the chance

'Cause the players tried to take the field
The marching band refused to yield
Do you recall what was revealed
The day the music died?"
- Don Mclean
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 10:58:33 AM by Chandrasekhi » Logged
Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #5702 on: January 24, 2020, 11:46:58 AM »

I’m horrified at how thin she is. Just horrified. That is not natural or normal.

She's fine-boned and naturally skinny! Britain is one of the top three countries for obesity, so it's just that we're used to seeing fat people. She's perfectly healthy. Her face would be gaunt and her cheeks hollow if she was thinner than her body wants to be. 
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #5703 on: January 24, 2020, 01:31:40 PM »

I’m horrified at how thin she is. Just horrified. That is not natural or normal.

She's fine-boned and naturally skinny! Britain is one of the top three countries for obesity, so it's just that we're used to seeing fat people. She's perfectly healthy. Her face would be gaunt and her cheeks hollow if she was thinner than her body wants to be.  

In current days many people in the Western world are obese (or at least overweight), but I am also used to people who are skinny (both by nature and own doing).

When comparing to older pictures of Kate, so around her student time she looked (much) fuller. Including the face. I know this can and will change in the course of time. Personally when looking at her, I would prefer that older look and her weight around her pregnancies (her face among others was a bit fuller and a healthy glow).
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #5704 on: January 24, 2020, 02:23:57 PM »

Another event for Kate!!

@KensingtonRoyal

The Duchess of Cambridge will join a creative workshop run by the @NPGLondon ‘s Hospital Programe at @EvelinaLondon on Tuesday 28th January to see how the creative arts can support children’s health, wellbeing and happiness.

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
dwi

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #5705 on: January 24, 2020, 04:41:22 PM »

kate was never  'naturally skinny" until right before her wedding.  her body before that looked great, and she looked much better because that was her real weight.  she's too skinny.  sometimes it's painfully so depending on what outfit she's wearing.  there are times when her clothes just hang on her.  now whether her weight now is healthy for her i can't say.  i
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #5706 on: January 24, 2020, 07:46:22 PM »

I am risking a warning, but will do so anyway: Please let us refrain from discussing a woman's body.
Kate is thin, yes, but she seems to be able to keep up her schedule, she has had three healthy children in very few years and she does not lecture us on Nutrition, HealthCare or exercising.
Is she sending "wrong signals" to young women by trying to stay as thin as possible? Perhaps, but it is the media and the public that makes a huge fuss about the yummy mommy, and the fact that a new mother lost her baby weight 24 hours after delivery.
And for the oompthiest time: bones don't come in heavy or slight. Your skeleton does not really determine your weight...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Aubiette

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #5707 on: January 25, 2020, 01:49:10 AM »

According to the CC Kate attended a Early Years foundation meeting this morning.
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Pitcairn Pitcairn

Ignore
« Reply #5708 on: January 25, 2020, 02:46:33 AM »

And here is the entry for today. Smiley Aubiette.

The Duchess of Cambridge, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, this morning held an Early Years Meeting.

- Court Circular ll 24 January 2020

Aubiette

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #5709 on: January 26, 2020, 11:08:17 PM »

https://jewishnews.timeso...urvivors-for-jewish-news/

Kate has photographed two Holocaust survivors at KP to mark Holocaust Memorial Day. Steven Frank and Yvonne Bernstein.

The stories, amazing, sad. We are losing all of these survivors year by year. It is important to capture the images, the stories, to never forget.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 11:15:46 PM by Aubiette » Logged
periwinkle

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #5710 on: January 26, 2020, 11:15:31 PM »

What a nice initiative. We know Kate likes photography but this makes a hobby very relevant to the people. There are not many survivors anymore. I like that they are posing with their descendants the message is life and their legacy will go on.
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Gigantic Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #5711 on: January 27, 2020, 12:07:49 AM »

Kate has photographed two Holocaust survivors at KP to mark Holocaust Memorial Day. Steven Frank and Yvonne Bernstein.

The stories, amazing, sad. We are losing all of these survivors year by year. It is important to capture the images, the stories, to never forget.

These pictures are quite beautiful. I appreciated her words that went with them.

Lady Liebe

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #5712 on: January 27, 2020, 12:29:25 AM »

I cannot put into words how pleased I am that she is participating in this important project. It's vital that the stories of the survivors go on, passed down not just in their families, but to the world, so that the Holocaust is never forgotten.

I grew up in a neighborhood that was mainly RC or Jewish, after school the kids would go to Catechism class or Hebrew school, both which were mysteries to my little Protestant self. I remember Happy Haunakah decorations in homes, booths built to celebrate the Feast of the Tabernacles (Sukkot) and the fact that only a few of us were in school on Yom Kippur. The Israeli flags that were displayed on homes during the Seven Days War. We stopped for bagels on the way home from the community swimming pool. While it was not discussed, I sure some of my friends had relatives who had perished, and some who had survived the camps.  We moved away before I entered Junior High School, but years on I looked down as the seamstress pinned my wedding gown for alteration - there were numbers tattooed on her arm. I remember the shock, that here was a woman who had survived the Holocaust. It stays with you.

I will add the portraits themselves are very well done, composed and lit artfully. She's growing not only as a wife, mother and future PoW and Queen, but in this also. It's nice to see. Yeah, I know - I sound a total sugar don't I. . .

Do what you can, where you are, with what you’ve got.   Teddy Roosevelt
Paulina

Warned
Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #5713 on: January 27, 2020, 12:31:40 AM »

Atta girl! Good for/on Kate. Well done photographs. She has an eye.
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #5714 on: January 27, 2020, 12:57:27 AM »

These pictures are quite beautiful. I appreciated her words that went with them.

Totally agree!  What a lovely tribute to them. Well done!
Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 405   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: