Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 399 400 [401] 402 403 ... 414   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate - news and photos III  (Read 1256705 times)
dwi

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #6000 on: February 18, 2020, 07:44:15 PM »

I liked Kate's comments on the podcast. Even though she has help, at the end of the day, she is the mother of her kids and she has pressures that come with her gilded cage that none of us will ever know how stressful that may be. She chose the life, but I continue to think she chose William more than the "life" of a royal. She doesn't seem like she was ever in it for the fame. The fame came with the job. William got lucky getting a girl from a stable and loving family. I suspect he knows it, too.

She and William are making a tremendous effort for their kids despite their gilded, privileged life. They are lucky to have the Middletons as a model. Diana tried in her own way, and Charles had absolutely no idea, and why would he?

I love Kate's initiative and the long-range and long term study it will be. I hope they get some good statisticians  on board. That kind of evaluation can take years to crunch and analyze. This is an actually useful thing and I'm glad she's doing it.

By the way, I live in a pretty middle class area and there are LOTS of families with full time help, nannies, cooks, gardeners. And STILL some moms are stressed with kids. Most who have that kind of help work full time with jobs that have a lot of responsibility.  Kate's may look more glamorous (it is) but there is plenty of challenges to go around.

It will be interesting when the kids start to individuate. I'm knee deep in teens and am alternately pleased or happy and horrified throughout the day by the things they say, do, act, and act toward me. I look at old pictures and wonder where the 80% of the time sweetness went. People say I have another ten years to go before they become routinely nice people again.

i don't know about that considering it seems like she was chasing him and wanting to be royal/queen.  i think she had already committed to a univ. and once finding out where william was going, then she changed to going to the univ. he'd be attending.  she had her eye on him...
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #6001 on: February 18, 2020, 10:42:30 PM »

Rumours at the time was that she was going to Edinburgh, where Pippa later studied. But after the announcement of William going to St. Andrews, she changed her choice. I read several times that Carole pushed for the change, as she did for her to take him back after their short breakup during Uni days.

I believe Royalty was Carole's endgame, not Kate's. And I truly believe she felt in love with William in the process.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 11:05:39 PM by Thistle » Logged

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

in search of ethical emerald tiaras

Ignore
« Reply #6002 on: February 18, 2020, 10:47:58 PM »

Yes, she was to go to Edinburgh. She also followed him once it was made known what he would be doing in the gap year process. I believe they met before university at one of "Club H"'s parties Emilia d'Erlanger brought her to. She only got his attention in the dress and he bought her as a 'slave'. He was dating someone else at the time. I also think she was besotted by William though I never had much of a feeling that he cared about her one way or the other, though lately it seems like he's been less awful to her and everyone else - the way he would mock her, laugh at her, and say rude things about her in public and play it off as funny always set my teeth on edge, Kate deserved better.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Michelle0187

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #6003 on: February 19, 2020, 07:12:44 AM »

I thought it was too late for her to transfer to a college by the time it was announced which college he was going to.

Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #6004 on: February 19, 2020, 10:38:30 AM »

The official announcement was done when it was too late yes, but she was already moving in the royal circles together with Emilia, attending parties where he was - they were introduced before St. Andrews. Emilia was at the time a good frind of his. She could have known before the public did.

Michelle0187

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #6005 on: February 19, 2020, 03:21:30 PM »

Has anyone mentioned Kate digging for details about which university heíd attend through his friends? It is a possibility but we donít know for sure. I donít think sheís any different from any student looking to go there because of him. Based on the transcript of their hacked voicemail messages, he comes across as the one who wanted her than the other way around.
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #6006 on: February 19, 2020, 03:33:33 PM »

Rumours about her changing her Uni application at the last minute because he was attending St. Andrews have been around since at least 2003. It has been mentioned in so many articles and in a couple of books. Could be just rumours indeed but it could also be true.

I vaguely remember that back in 2005/2006, someone did a timeline. Rumours that William favoured a Scottish Uni were around in this last couple of years at Eton. Some people mentioned that Carole commented on their congregation that she expected that Kate would go to Scotland. She committed to Edinbourgh (which was rumoured to be Wills choice) but then Kate changed her uni application after a Club H party that she supposely attended with Emilia. She was committed with Edinbourgh and suddenly after a party hosted at Highgrove she changed to St. Andrews. The announcement that William would go to St. Andrew came a couple of weeks after.

The timing is suspicious. I do think she was pushed to go there by her mother, but she really loves the guy.

LarLa

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #6007 on: February 19, 2020, 04:02:26 PM »

At this point does it really matter if Kate changed her University choice to St. Andrews? They've been married 9 years and together (with some on and off) for 17 years. Even if Carole pushed Kate to go to St. Andrews to be in his vicinity that didn't mean they would end up together for that long. How many mothers did the exact same thing - lots I would imagine.

If you look into a lot of relationships sometimes they have rather sketchy beginnings. A friend's brother was seeing 2 women at the same time and got one pregnant. He married her and they've been married now for almost 15 years.
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #6008 on: February 19, 2020, 04:06:43 PM »

Carole did what many also did. The difference is that she succeeded, good for her Wink

And I could not care less. We are just dishing. It is school break righ now, so slow news week 

Eliza B

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #6009 on: February 19, 2020, 04:06:47 PM »

Rumours about her changing her Uni application at the last minute because he was attending St. Andrews have been around since at least 2003. It has been mentioned in so many articles and in a couple of books. Could be just rumours indeed but it could also be true.

I vaguely remember that back in 2005/2006, someone did a timeline. Rumours that William favoured a Scottish Uni were around in this last couple of years at Eton. Some people mentioned that Carole commented on their congregation that she expected that Kate would go to Scotland. She committed to Edinbourgh (which was rumoured to be Wills choice) but then Kate changed her uni application after a Club H party that she supposely attended with Emilia. She was committed with Edinbourgh and suddenly after a party hosted at Highgrove she changed to St. Andrews. The announcement that William would go to St. Andrew came a couple of weeks after.

The timing is suspicious. I do think she was pushed to go there by her mother, but she really loves the guy.

I think alot of mothers or grandmothers pushed their girls that way. If they couldn't get the prize, at least they'd have opportunity to have that group of aristos for contacts in life. My friends grandma made her do a debutant ball because "what if she meets a prince?" She still has yet to meet a titled prince, but has a nice prince of her own that's better than the Windsor lot.
LarLa

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #6010 on: February 19, 2020, 04:29:40 PM »

Carole did what many also did. The difference is that she succeeded, good for her Wink

And I could not care less. We are just dishing. It is school break righ now, so slow news week 

Such a slow news week royal wise lol

What I wouldn't give for some Cambridge skiing photos haha. Or something.
Antevorta

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #6011 on: February 19, 2020, 04:35:46 PM »

Applications and requests for information on UK schools skyrocketed once William was headed to uni. Numerous girls all over the world wanted to attend the same school as William. *I* (but I will also deny, deny, deny if asked outside this board) may have even requested information on a particular uni that was never going to happen because the idea of a sparkly tiara was overwhelming.

Even if Kate did seek him out, she certainly won, didn't she? IMO, at the end of the day, what does it matter?! Itís 2020 and William and Kate have been William and Kate for over ten years. Kate certainly didnít force William into marriage and it takes two to create their three children.

I for one, am impressed with Kateís skills, if she did seek him out. She went up against ALL the girls and landed him, dated him, secured him, married him, had his children and now sheís the future f*cking Queen of England.

Thatís some serious f*cking game right there.
GoodGollyMissMolly

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #6012 on: February 19, 2020, 04:58:56 PM »

Seriously. Kate needs to write a book for all us women out here still looking. She hit the jackpot.
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #6013 on: February 19, 2020, 05:27:21 PM »

Seriously. Kate needs to write a book for all us women out here still looking. She hit the jackpot.

On how to trap an over privileged arsehole man-child?
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #6014 on: February 19, 2020, 05:31:01 PM »

Her book should be titled "How to wait and succeed" Clown

Pages: 1 ... 399 400 [401] 402 403 ... 414   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: