Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate - news and photos III  (Read 1387271 times)
LarLa

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #6555 on: September 13, 2020, 02:37:30 PM »

Im so interested in this exhibit. I expect it to emotional for a lot of ppl.
periwinkle

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #6556 on: September 13, 2020, 04:39:56 PM »

This is a very powerful and touching initiative. I'm very proud of Kate and how she is maturing and growing and finding her place and her power. I can't wait for the exhibit.
Aubiette

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #6557 on: September 13, 2020, 04:56:36 PM »

https://twitter.com/kensi.../1305023729710358529?s=21

Tomorrow, on Monday 14th September, the final 100 portraits from Hold Still will be unveiled. #HoldStill2020
Aubiette

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #6558 on: September 14, 2020, 02:14:20 AM »

Link in this tweet to view the pictures.

https://twitter.com/hrhdu.../1305281380327317505?s=21

I must say that it was very touching and a few made me tear up.

A letter from the Queen in this tweet.

https://twitter.com/chris.../1305282921146863617?s=21
Aubiette

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #6559 on: September 14, 2020, 02:49:58 PM »

Introducing, the final 100 portraits.

The images present a unique record of our shared and individual experiences during this extraordinary period of history, conveying humour and grief, creativity and kindness, tragedy and hope.  

Read the stories: npg.org.uk/holdstill

https://twitter.com/kensi.../1305476819580334080?s=21
LarLa

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #6560 on: September 14, 2020, 02:57:50 PM »

I just looked through all the photos and read the stories. I'm bawling. There were a couple that really stood out to me in terms of emotional response (the couple holding hands in the hospital did me in). I thought it was an excellent exhibit. I'm Canadian and so many of the photos captured experiences that transcend national boundaries. Kate and the team did an excellent job creating an exhibit that captures a moment in history. Many other museums (including my provincial museum) are working on similar projects.

Bawling.
Ghost

Small Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #6561 on: September 14, 2020, 02:59:26 PM »

I just looked through all the photos and read the stories. I'm bawling. There were a couple that really stood out to me in terms of emotional response (the couple holding hands in the hospital did me in). I thought it was an excellent exhibit. I'm Canadian and so many of the photos captured experiences that transcend national boundaries.

Bawling.

And the guy who was watching the funeral on his laptop all dressed up, black tie included.

leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #6562 on: September 14, 2020, 03:33:05 PM »

I just looked through all the photos and read the stories. I'm bawling. There were a couple that really stood out to me in terms of emotional response (the couple holding hands in the hospital did me in). I thought it was an excellent exhibit. I'm Canadian and so many of the photos captured experiences that transcend national boundaries.

Bawling.

And the guy who was watching the funeral on his laptop all dressed up, black tie included.

The elderly couple, married for 71 years, who were holding hands in hospital after being admitted for Covid and then passed away 5 days apart  as well as the new mother who gave birth and kissed her newborn through PPE Cry
LarLa

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #6563 on: September 14, 2020, 03:35:29 PM »

Bawling.

The elderly couple, married for 71 years, who were holding hands in hospital after being admitted for Covid and then passed away 5 days apart  as well as the new mother who gave birth and kissed her newborn through PPE Cry

The girl with a cut out representing her grandmother who she missed terribly. And the little boy with the artificial legs who was inspired by Capt Tom Moore to do his own walk to raise money. And Capt Tom Moore always.
Carreen

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #6564 on: September 14, 2020, 05:58:22 PM »

I'm sitting here and crying crying crying. so much talent, so much emotion. My hat is off to Catherine and her team. She is using her position to do something truly good. When people will remember this difficult time later, they will remember that the RF was there with them, that they listened and watched and gave them a voice and a place to tell their stories.

I remember now Kate's Holocaust photographs that impressed me. I have totally under-estimated this woman in the beginning and I'm glad to admit it. She's doing things her way.

Thank you for bringing this project to my attention, I wouldn't have seen it otherwise.

Oh dear and my mascara is running over my chin....
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #6565 on: September 14, 2020, 06:09:49 PM »

Like the garden project, this seems to show Kate working with a skilled and knowledgeable team of partners to deliver a well-conceived idea from start to end. This is Kate (and of course KP) at her (their) best.

Some projects (early years, hopefully only delayed by COVID and not forgotten, textiles (textiles!!)) haven't reached their potential, but this has.

Sipping Nescafe from a stained mug in the kitchen every morning became a ritual. Then they took turns making breakfast from Pop Tarts purchased from the all night garage, or nibbled on left over pizza from the Dominos trattoria.
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #6566 on: September 14, 2020, 06:32:07 PM »

Like the garden project, this seems to show Kate working with a skilled and knowledgeable team of partners to deliver a well-conceived idea from start to end. This is Kate (and of course KP) at her (their) best.

Some projects (early years, hopefully only delayed by COVID and not forgotten, textiles (textiles!!)) haven't reached their potential, but this has.

Good things happen when you listen to people who know more than you.  Shocking!
Lady Liebe

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #6567 on: September 14, 2020, 06:53:32 PM »

I don't think the early years project has been forgotten, just put on the back burner because it will be better implemented once things settle down.

Please remind me about the textiles project, I seem to have forgotten it - being a weaver textiles are my thing! 

Compassion without truth isn't love, it's flattery. Love not only weeps, it also speaks.   Reagan Rose
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #6568 on: September 14, 2020, 06:55:19 PM »

I don't think the early years project has been forgotten, just put on the back burner because it will be better implemented once things settle down.

Please remind me about the textiles project, I seem to have forgotten it - being a weaver textiles are my thing! 

https://royalcentral.co.u...-in-coming-months-118590/

Sipping Nescafe from a stained mug in the kitchen every morning became a ritual. Then they took turns making breakfast from Pop Tarts purchased from the all night garage, or nibbled on left over pizza from the Dominos trattoria.
Ghost

Small Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #6569 on: September 14, 2020, 06:57:32 PM »

Oh, my, there’s now the story of Mila and a short clip of her boasting that “the Queen knows everything about my picture”.
It’s the picture of the little girl watching her dad through the window, she has a nasal tube. She’s receiving chemo.
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: