Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 464 465 [466] 467 468 ... 496   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate - news and photos III  (Read 1663295 times)
LarLa

Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #6975 on: March 16, 2021, 01:54:48 AM »

I don't believe Kate had any official royal security until they were engaged. At least none that has been admitted to although there were calls for her to have some because of the paparazzi outside her flat.

https://www.express.co.uk...royal-family-security-spt

Has anyone else seen the video of Kate walking home after and a journalist comes right up to her asking for a comment. She was visibly startled and kept walking. I thought no woman should not be acousted like that.
Antevorta

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #6976 on: March 16, 2021, 02:18:42 AM »

IIRC, William asked Charles for Catherine to have an RPO and Charles told him it wasnít possible since she was just a girlfriend.

Charlesís line of thinking at that time was, it would be looked down upon to have a girlfriend, not a fiancťe, have taxpayer security and if William wanted her to have an RPO, he needed to ask her a specific question.

Chandrasekhi

Gigantic Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

The Memorial Wall along the Southbank in London

Ignore
« Reply #6977 on: March 16, 2021, 02:19:13 AM »

An excerpt from a  2007  article on the hounding of Kate:
https://www.theguardian.c...andpublishing.themonarchy
Paparazzi and the would-be princess: lawyers cry foul after week of chases
∑ Middleton's solicitors threaten official complaint
∑ Vans and motorbikes used in echoes of Diana crash

Two women, a split second, and an iconic image that may one day be used to portray the moment a future princess collided with the paparazzi.

This week's picture of Prince William's girlfriend, Kate Middleton, shielding her face from a camera lens thrust inches away from her cheek appeared to say more about an incorrigible band of celebrity photographers than it did about their victim.

By last night seven publications had promised a moratorium on paparazzi images of Ms Middleton, amid a growing sense of unease that the pursuit of the prince's girlfriend echoes the hounding of his mother, Princess Diana.

Sources close to Ms Middleton have told the Guardian that she is regularly pursued by a cabal of photographers while driving - a scenario hauntingly similar to the night the Princess of Wales was killed in a car crash in Paris.
"She gets a blacked-out van behind her, loaded with two or three people, plus two or three outriders on motorbikes. They're hemming her in at traffic lights, overtaking her and taking pictures through the window," a source said, adding that on January 3 and 4 this month, paparazzi "went completely nuts". "They were taking pictures whilst the vehicle was moving at speed."

The Book Fairies are joining judges and contributors to the #HoldStill2020 project to mark the release of the beautiful book! We are leaving copies at places that gave us hope during lockdowns. #HSBookFairies #ibelieveinbookfairies
Aubiette

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #6978 on: March 16, 2021, 02:36:36 AM »

I think sometimes we forget that Royals are human too. This story has touched people all over the world so I donít see any reason that it couldnít touch Kate. She slipped in (and almost slipped out but for one reporter there) against Police requests, Covid guidelines, whatever, to lay some flowers. A statement was released after the cat was out of the bag.
 I also do not think that Kate would use this persons murder for Ďprí. Sheís not evil.
tsarinya

Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #6979 on: March 16, 2021, 02:40:10 AM »

Two women, a split second, and an iconic image that may one day be used to portray the moment a future princess collided with the paparazzi.

This week's picture of Prince William's girlfriend, Kate Middleton, shielding her face from a camera lens thrust inches away from her cheek appeared to say more about an incorrigible band of celebrity photographers than it did about their victim.

By last night seven publications had promised a moratorium on paparazzi images of Ms Middleton, amid a growing sense of unease that the pursuit of the prince's girlfriend echoes the hounding of his mother, Princess Diana.

Sources close to Ms Middleton have told the Guardian that she is regularly pursued by a cabal of photographers while driving - a scenario hauntingly similar to the night the Princess of Wales was killed in a car crash in Paris.
"She gets a blacked-out van behind her, loaded with two or three people, plus two or three outriders on motorbikes. They're hemming her in at traffic lights, overtaking her and taking pictures through the window," a source said, adding that on January 3 and 4 this month, paparazzi "went completely nuts". "They were taking pictures whilst the vehicle was moving at speed."

That era (2004-2009ish) of paparazziís was so intense looking back. Not only for Kate Middleton but other female celebrities too. I remember that Sienna Miller have an interview where she said that no young woman should be chased down the street in the middle of the night by a bunch of men with cameras. Remember Perez Hilton? He used to always post images and took particular delight in getting the most unflattering one or the one where the women were wearing no underwear.
I believe itís changed (at least in the U.K.?)I havenít seen that intensity from the paparazzi in ages.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #6980 on: March 16, 2021, 08:41:23 AM »

That era (2004-2009ish) of paparazziís was so intense looking back. Not only for Kate Middleton but other female celebrities too. I remember that Sienna Miller have an interview where she said that no young woman should be chased down the street in the middle of the night by a bunch of men with cameras. Remember Perez Hilton? He used to always post images and took particular delight in getting the most unflattering one or the one where the women were wearing no underwear.
I believe itís changed (at least in the U.K.?)I havenít seen that intensity from the paparazzi in ages.

There is probably one lady who would say they are still intense. A.o. suggesting how she was harrassed during her 1st pregnancy, and her sister in law not. While most people seem to forget that Kate had her very large portion of harrassing paparazzi, more then the woman in particular endured.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #6981 on: March 16, 2021, 08:53:53 AM »

I have never been chased down by men with cameras and I have always taken intense care not to walk a street at night alone. I drum that into my daughters heads like the evening prayer.
But I am a woman, and I have found myself in situations in which I was suddenly afraid and uncomfortable. And I would bet the farm, that Kate has too. It is IMo completely irrelevant that she has (or might have have had) protection for the last 15 years. She has once been a anonymous young woman on a uni-campus, going to clubs, she has a sister and girlfriends who have done the very same. You do not need to have escaped the ripper once to feel compassion with Sarah.
This fear of men is ingrained in us, nursed to us by equally frightened mothers and validated every day by what is happening around us. And is incredibly unfair.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Chandrasekhi

Gigantic Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #6982 on: March 16, 2021, 10:53:06 AM »

There is a clip floating around the internet of paps hounding Kate and Pippa trying to protect her. I will post it if I can find it again. Imagine that: two lone women fending off a group of men intent on getting the close-up they wanted of Kate while reed thin Pippa tries to fend them off.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 10:59:03 AM by Chandrasekhi » Logged

The Book Fairies are joining judges and contributors to the #HoldStill2020 project to mark the release of the beautiful book! We are leaving copies at places that gave us hope during lockdowns. #HSBookFairies #ibelieveinbookfairies
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #6983 on: March 16, 2021, 02:13:41 PM »

Kate being higly praised in this article, regarding her harassement by the press https://www.nzherald.co.n...6FVXLL4M5ZXGGDU4QOFGP6EU/

Gemsheal

Medium Member

United States United States

Classic stink eye

Ignore
« Reply #6984 on: March 16, 2021, 02:48:28 PM »

Kate being higly praised in this article, regarding her harassement by the press https://www.nzherald.co.n...6FVXLL4M5ZXGGDU4QOFGP6EU/

I think the turning point came when she gave birth to George.  There were still a few blips on the radar, but having the children really changed her press coverage. 

"... luscious woodbine,
With sweet musk roses and with eglantine:
There sleeps Titania sometime of the night,
Lull'd in these flowers with dances and delight."

Shakespeare - A Midsummer Night's Dream
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #6985 on: March 16, 2021, 03:44:40 PM »

I think the turning point came when she gave birth to George.  There were still a few blips on the radar, but having the children really changed her press coverage. 
Maybe... I wasn't on royal fora back then and I don't have any other picture than the one from the greek gossip magazines and sites.
It makes sense being George's birth the turning point, it goes with patriarchy and the whole role of giving a heir to the thrown.

whiplashhx

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #6986 on: March 16, 2021, 04:14:11 PM »

There is a clip floating around the internet of paps hounding Kate and Pippa trying to protect her. I will post it if I can find it again. Imagine that: two lone women fending off a group of men intent on getting the close-up they wanted of Kate while reed thin Pippa tries to fend them off.

This?

https://the-mountbatten-w...nces-were-inconsequential
anneboleyn

Warned
Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #6987 on: March 16, 2021, 06:24:58 PM »

Thank you so much to everyone for sharing. I wasn't on RD back in the "Waity-Katie" days so I missed a lot of this information!
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #6988 on: March 16, 2021, 09:32:31 PM »

Maybe... I wasn't on royal fora back then and I don't have any other picture than the one from the greek gossip magazines and sites.
It makes sense being George's birth the turning point, it goes with patriarchy and the whole role of giving a heir to the thrown.
Apologies if my post didn't make sense, I meant to write throne, not thrown.
I don't know what was going on in my mind when I wrote this!

Chandrasekhi

Gigantic Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #6989 on: March 17, 2021, 07:11:35 AM »

This?

https://the-mountbatten-w...nces-were-inconsequential

That's the one. There must be loads more.

Pages: 1 ... 464 465 [466] 467 468 ... 496   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: