Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 465 466 [467] 468 469 ... 496   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate - news and photos III  (Read 1663272 times)
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #6990 on: March 17, 2021, 09:16:59 AM »

An excerpt from a  2007  article on the hounding of Kate:
https://www.theguardian.c...andpublishing.themonarchy
Paparazzi and the would-be princess: lawyers cry foul after week of chases
∑ Middleton's solicitors threaten official complaint
∑ Vans and motorbikes used in echoes of Diana crash

Two women, a split second, and an iconic image that may one day be used to portray the moment a future princess collided with the paparazzi.

This week's picture of Prince William's girlfriend, Kate Middleton, shielding her face from a camera lens thrust inches away from her cheek appeared to say more about an incorrigible band of celebrity photographers than it did about their victim.

By last night seven publications had promised a moratorium on paparazzi images of Ms Middleton, amid a growing sense of unease that the pursuit of the prince's girlfriend echoes the hounding of his mother, Princess Diana.

Sources close to Ms Middleton have told the Guardian that she is regularly pursued by a cabal of photographers while driving - a scenario hauntingly similar to the night the Princess of Wales was killed in a car crash in Paris.
"She gets a blacked-out van behind her, loaded with two or three people, plus two or three outriders on motorbikes. They're hemming her in at traffic lights, overtaking her and taking pictures through the window," a source said, adding that on January 3 and 4 this month, paparazzi "went completely nuts". "They were taking pictures whilst the vehicle was moving at speed."

That era (2004-2009ish) of paparazziís was so intense looking back. Not only for Kate Middleton but other female celebrities too. I remember that Sienna Miller have an interview where she said that no young woman should be chased down the street in the middle of the night by a bunch of men with cameras. Remember Perez Hilton? He used to always post images and took particular delight in getting the most unflattering one or the one where the women were wearing no underwear.
I believe itís changed (at least in the U.K.?)I havenít seen that intensity from the paparazzi in ages.
There is a clip floating around the internet of paps hounding Kate and Pippa trying to protect her. I will post it if I can find it again. Imagine that: two lone women fending off a group of men intent on getting the close-up they wanted of Kate while reed thin Pippa tries to fend them off.

This?

https://the-mountbatten-w...nces-were-inconsequential

That's the one. There must be loads more.
That's cruel, purely cruel.
I was in my teens back then, I remember randomly watching such clips in the greek media, short clips from the paps outside her home and I was thinking that she practically couldn't move, she coud not walk two steps away from her doorstep because of the paps. How did she manage to come out af all of this - only she knows.

Astrid

Mini Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #6991 on: March 17, 2021, 10:35:30 AM »

Thank you all for this enlighting posts and information!
Chandrasekhi

Gigantic Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

The Memorial Wall along the Southbank in London

Ignore
« Reply #6992 on: March 17, 2021, 01:40:13 PM »

This has been mentioned on RD a while back, Astrid:  Kate's phone was hacked 155 times. She was a private citizen when this happened. The upside of this (amazingly, there is one  Crazy ): is that it became evident that Kate was not quite the settled for, waiting in the wings "Waity Katie" (as we were recently crassly reminded).
https://www.dailymail.co....tons-phone-155-times.html
Disgraced former royal reporter Clive Goodman hacked Kate Middletonís phones 155 times in eight months, he admitted for the first time yesterday.

The former News of the World royal editor hacked Miss Middleton Ė now the Duchess of Cambridge Ė on an almost daily basis, including on Christmas Day.

He also frequently intercepted the voicemails of Princes William and Harry.

Goodman, who was jailed for hacking mobiles belonging to royal aides in 2007, said he had not previously told police or prosecutors about the true extent of his hacking because he was never asked about it.
He hacked Prince William 35 times and Prince Harry nine times and also targeted royal aides, including the Duchess of Yorkís press aide Kate Waddington and Prince Charlesís former valet Michael Fawcett.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 02:45:44 PM by Chandrasekhi » Logged

The Book Fairies are joining judges and contributors to the #HoldStill2020 project to mark the release of the beautiful book! We are leaving copies at places that gave us hope during lockdowns. #HSBookFairies #ibelieveinbookfairies
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #6993 on: March 17, 2021, 02:52:40 PM »

Chelsyís phone was also hacked. Not to go O/T but I think the press was much more intrusive back then. They still write the same kind of stories but at least there seems to be less paparazzi and less hacking.

I think as royal watchers these last couple of years have been interesting. On RD we have been hard on Kate (and William). Perhaps also because we have put more weight on photos catching only seconds and stories in the tabloids. We have royals like Mary and Sofia who benefit in general from this because of specific conditions in their country. We have royals that absolutely donít like Letizia and certainly also Kate for a time. However itís someone like Stepanie and the LRF who has been excellent proof we sometimes donít really have a clue whatís going on.
I hope this makes for better dishing in the future.
anneboleyn

Warned
Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #6994 on: March 17, 2021, 03:30:16 PM »

is that it became evident that Kate was not quite the settled for, waiting in the wings "Waity Katie" (as we were recently crassly reminded)

I don't think referring to her old, world renowed nickname is crass. I put it in quotations, because I personally never thought it was a fair nickname. It was obvious with all the press coverage and tabloids that she would never be able to hold a regular job, it would have been far too disruptive. I don't appreciate you insinuating that I was crass by mentioning the nickname.

Chelsyís phone was also hacked. Not to go O/T but I think the press was much more intrusive back then. They still write the same kind of stories but at least there seems to be less paparazzi and less hacking.

I think as royal watchers these last couple of years have been interesting. On RD we have been hard on Kate (and William). Perhaps also because we have put more weight on photos catching only seconds and stories in the tabloids. We have royals like Mary and Sofia who benefit in general from this because of specific conditions in their country. We have royals that absolutely donít like Letizia and certainly also Kate for a time. However itís someone like Stepanie and the LRF who has been excellent proof we sometimes donít really have a clue whatís going on.

I fully agree with this. The press has always been intense, but I truly believe that around 2006-2010 it was out of control for celebrities and public figures everywhere. So many things were spread about people from one picture that only caught a split second of the story. It's easy to make assumptions from tabloid pictures and stories but it doesn't always make for accurate ones.
thecrownjewelthief

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #6995 on: March 17, 2021, 04:00:31 PM »

is that it became evident that Kate was not quite the settled for, waiting in the wings "Waity Katie" (as we were recently crassly reminded)

I don't think referring to her old, world renowed nickname is crass. I put it in quotations, because I personally never thought it was a fair nickname. It was obvious with all the press coverage and tabloids that she would never be able to hold a regular job, it would have been far too disruptive. I don't appreciate you insinuating that I was crass by mentioning the nickname.

I believe this was referring to a particular recent interviewee that shall remain unnamed, not at anyone here.
Chandrasekhi

Gigantic Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #6996 on: March 17, 2021, 04:49:51 PM »

I fully agree with this. The press has always been intense, but I truly believe that around 2006-2010 it was out of control for celebrities and public figures everywhere. So many things were spread about people from one picture that only caught a split second of the story. It's easy to make assumptions from tabloid pictures and stories but it doesn't always make for accurate ones.

Anneboleyne, that comment was not directed at anything you had written. I had not even read your post but was responding to Astrid.  It would definitely have helped had I qualified the statement with "... on international television". Peace!  St. Patricks Day
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 04:58:52 PM by Chandrasekhi » Logged

The Book Fairies are joining judges and contributors to the #HoldStill2020 project to mark the release of the beautiful book! We are leaving copies at places that gave us hope during lockdowns. #HSBookFairies #ibelieveinbookfairies
anneboleyn

Warned
Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #6997 on: March 17, 2021, 05:07:03 PM »

I'm sorry! I jumped the gun and shouldn't have assumed. <3
Chandrasekhi

Gigantic Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #6998 on: March 17, 2021, 05:08:05 PM »

I'm sorry! I jumped the gun and shouldn't have assumed. <3
Hug Hug Hug  Star

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #6999 on: March 17, 2021, 05:12:17 PM »

But while all of this was cetainly "rude", it apparently was less dramatic, since it wasn't "racist". Wonder what a certain person who died in a car crash caused by chasing paparazzi had to say to this...
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 05:33:55 PM by fairy » Logged

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Chandrasekhi

Gigantic Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #7000 on: March 17, 2021, 05:13:48 PM »

But while all of this was cetainly rude, it apparently was less dramatic, ...... car crash caused by chasing paparazzi had to say to this...

Genius, fairy! Star  As stated upthread,  Kate was harassed while driving and  hemmed in by paps. I guess that does not matter.  Bravo for lady drivers the world over! Champagne

Listening to whiplashx' clip on Kate harrased by paps: I was astounded by how polite she was, given the provocation. Princess school must have paid off ..Oh wait! She was a private citizen: no princess classes.  Lolipop   Just inherent Grace under Pressure.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 05:57:14 PM by Chandrasekhi » Logged

TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #7001 on: March 19, 2021, 12:29:22 AM »

Cc Wednesday:

The Duchess of Cambridge, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, this afternoon held an Early Years Meeting.
Aubiette

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #7002 on: March 28, 2021, 01:05:18 AM »

New pic of Kate. She wrote a forward for the Hold Still book project. https://www.instagram.com...hi0/?igshid=1u28wrv0wxf0w

https://twitter.com/royan.../1375962265778851841?s=21

https://twitter.com/isagu.../1375962849185574913?s=21
Proceeds will be split between the charity Mind and the National Portrait Gallery. I’m so glad they decided to this.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 01:14:05 AM by Aubiette » Logged
Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #7003 on: March 28, 2021, 03:35:30 AM »

I love how their causes are consistent, big, and taking years to get traction and support. They are in it for the long haul and it shows. I also think they have helped remove stigma around mental health over the years. I think there is some documented evidence. They have chosen some unsexy and not typically royal causes and it's great.

Ellie

Warned
Ginormous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #7004 on: March 28, 2021, 04:02:49 AM »

I'm glad the proceeds benefit good charities. Museums got hit so badly and many will not return, and Mind is always a good charity to support.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Pages: 1 ... 465 466 [467] 468 469 ... 496   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: