Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 537 538 [539] 540 541 ... 569   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate - news and photos III  (Read 2128167 times)
Lady Liebe

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #8070 on: January 09, 2022, 10:43:19 PM »

Perhaps we will get a formal portrait of her and Will when he turns 40 in June. With uniform, orders and tiara. Would be nice Champagne

I like the way you think!!   Star

That would be very appropriate for his stature, since he is the heir and not Kate.

I think of those gorgeous portraits of Phillip and Mathilde, or Victoria and Dan...would love to see that here!  And, I hope it would be more traditional and Kate and Will would actually look like themselves, even at first glance!

Beat me to CF!  Smiley

It is of course fitting for the more formal portraits to be released for William's birthday. Here's hoping for a lovely family shot too.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Winston Churchill
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #8071 on: January 09, 2022, 11:29:06 PM »

I am not expecting a 'formal' portrait for William's 40th.

Charles' 70th was the ones of the family in the garden at CH and one in Air Force uniform with both his sons also in Air Force uniforms.

His 60th had him in army uniform but no Camilla.

The British don't seem to do the official portraits with bling at all.

I expect maybe a family photo for William's 40th and one with him alone.

William and Catherine, of course, aren't the 'heir couple' and the 'heir couple' didn't have formal blinged up images for either of their 70th birthdays so I don't see the 2nd in line couple having that.

Of course William's 40th birthday will be close to the Jubilee so it is possible that they will simply issue a couple of unseen images from that celebration anyway.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 12:39:31 AM by luvcharles » Logged
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Humongous Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #8072 on: January 09, 2022, 11:39:44 PM »

She really is naturally pretty without that half-ton of liner and mascara.

I didn't like the red dress portrait initially, but as the day progresses, it's grown on me.

The red dress one really would be my favorite, but there is something wonky about her jaw that I know isn’t normally how her face looks so it’s quite distracting to me. The “Winterhalter” is the one that came out best IMO. I can appreciate the art of it and if I were to have a portrait displayed of myself in a museum it’s definitely much better than that odd, slightly sinister, super dark oil painting that was done of her yearsss ago. I don’t know if we all remember the one I am talking about?

Official portraiture hasn’t been the kindest to Kate in the past 10 years. I look forward to seeing Kate in something more traditional in the future with gown, tiara, orders (she has the family order now) That would be nice for Williams 40th. Sort of a visual easing of our minds eye into what they will both become between 40 and age 50.

getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #8073 on: January 09, 2022, 11:40:27 PM »

I absolutely adore all three portraits. Of course, I didn’t even recognize her when I first saw the photos, which is a compliment to the photographer, he chose to show a different side of her. She has this kind of features, I didn’t recognize her in her first portrait (National Gallery) either, at the time.
I found the parallel with the Cecil B portraits to be excellent for the idea of continuity of a line of perfect consorts.
The red dress one is very-very on point, the hand in the pocket, the edgy dress, the red lipstick (Kate!!!), the motion, the smile, everything just perfect.
The third one is the most similar to the Demarchelier Diana ones. No wonder William (and children) chose it. Very soft and essential.
The fact that they’ve been edited is another plus in my books, these are portraits to stand the time, not identity photos for the passport.
All in all, I am bewitched by them. And by the intimacy they exude, anyone who looks at them can feel like they are one of her friends.

Well said.   Star

those eye-brows...they get me everytime...I just can't go past them  Secret

they just look so incongrous on her face Crazy

G

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Gemsheal

Big Member

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #8074 on: January 09, 2022, 11:53:10 PM »

I think the best and most stunning and iconic picture of the "future Queen Catherine" was the snap taken in the car at (I believe? Thinking) Prince Philipp's funeral: the one in which she wore the mask and her eyes were simply gorgeous.

Agree, Fairy.

I loved that shot & Chris Jackson always captures the most iconic photos of Kate. He put together a slideshow of his work of her the past 10 years and several were far better than this birthday shoot.

I came "on board" to see what everyone thought about the new photos.  I'm definitely in camp "too much coverage" of the 40th and I can't really admire these photos.  They are too artsy-fairytale for my taste and I don't think the clothing or the styling is too flattering either.  Although, they are not bad photos in the sense that the sitter looks pretty.  My preference for Catherine is dressed in strong colors and less windblown hair.

I also don't care for the photographer's bragging 😒

“The spirit of the artist doesn't belong to one person or another.  It belongs to all of us.  Don't keep its playfulness and generosity buried." 
Gloria Vanderbilt - Woman to Woman
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #8075 on: January 10, 2022, 12:12:26 AM »

Perhaps we will get a formal portrait of her and Will when he turns 40 in June. With uniform, orders and tiara. Would be nice Champagne

I like the way you think!!   Star

That would be very appropriate for his stature, since he is the heir and not Kate.

I think of those gorgeous portraits of Phillip and Mathilde, or Victoria and Dan...would love to see that here!  And, I hope it would be more traditional and Kate and Will would actually look like themselves, even at first glance!

Beat me to CF!  Smiley

It is of course fitting for the more formal portraits to be released for William's birthday. Here's hoping for a lovely family shot too.

I think, even if it's never been done by the BRF before, that this type of portrait would be a wise PR move, and much more tolerable than the dozens of puff pieces we're seeing for Kate's birthday.  Less is more, and if you go with less, make it have some real weight and impact.
Athena

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #8076 on: January 10, 2022, 12:29:46 AM »

I'm glad for these special portraits recording Catherine as Duchess, now, 2022.

Her situation will be very different in ten years' time.
Aubiette

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #8077 on: January 10, 2022, 12:49:13 AM »

For fun. 

edit by: @ the_royalfamilies on IG)

anneboleyn

Warned
Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #8078 on: January 10, 2022, 01:21:56 AM »

Oh it looks so much better with the tiara!

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
emtishell

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #8079 on: January 10, 2022, 01:43:18 AM »

That was my first impression when I saw the photos, that there was something painted about the portraits.

Same. The first one I saw (on Instagram) was the Beaton-esque one, and I honestly thought it was a painted portrait, and was surprised to discover it was a photograph!
emtishell

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #8080 on: January 10, 2022, 01:47:10 AM »

For fun. 

edit by: @ the_royalfamilies on IG)

Amazing!!
Aubiette

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #8081 on: January 10, 2022, 02:17:45 AM »

Mila wishing Kate a happy birthday. She just got home from the hospital…again. She has Covid now on top of everything else. She is beyond adorable. God bless her.

https://twitter.com/Snedd.../1480328506278125572?s=20
anneboleyn

Warned
Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #8082 on: January 10, 2022, 03:05:28 AM »

Mila wishing Kate a happy birthday. She just got home from the hospital…again. She has Covid now on top of everything else. She is beyond adorable. God bless her.

Absolutely adorable!

I love how she just calls her Catherine!

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
Athena

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #8083 on: January 10, 2022, 05:23:52 AM »

Aww! Bless her! 
Isabel

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #8084 on: January 10, 2022, 06:29:29 AM »

I don't like the photos, I prefer Kate when she is natural and these set seem artificial and copying an old royal glamour style.  First I thought her profile picture reminded me of one of Sissi's old photographs until twitter gave me the answer

https://twitter.com/Royal...%2Fpost395394.htmlp395394

Kate is a beautiful woman but the BRF is trying the PR too hard.  
Pages: 1 ... 537 538 [539] 540 541 ... 569   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: