Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 538 539 [540] 541 542 ... 565   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate - news and photos III  (Read 2095293 times)
Isabel

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #8085 on: January 10, 2022, 06:34:05 AM »

I think the best and most stunning and iconic picture of the "future Queen Catherine" was the snap taken in the car at (I believe? Thinking) Prince Philipp's funeral: the one in which she wore the mask and her eyes were simply gorgeous.

Star I think it's by far her best picture IMO.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #8086 on: January 10, 2022, 11:39:10 AM »

Looking at the Winterhalter again, I don't like it. I think her features in it are very harsh, she has rather thin lips, but they look very narrowed. For such a "dreamy setting" she looks far to focused and severe.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #8087 on: January 10, 2022, 03:09:24 PM »

Looking at the Winterhalter again, I don't like it. I think her features in it are very harsh, she has rather thin lips, but they look very narrowed. For such a "dreamy setting" she looks far to focused and severe.

Yes, and her posture seems tense rather than regal.
genegal43

Gigantic Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #8088 on: January 10, 2022, 04:22:27 PM »

For fun. 

edit by: @ the_royalfamilies on IG)

Amazing!!

Improves the photo 100%

Need a documentary for the classroom?  Hit me up here: https://historydoctube.weebly.com/
Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Lady Liebe

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #8089 on: January 10, 2022, 04:59:22 PM »

For fun. 

Amazing!!

Improves the photo 100%

Especially because it's one of my favorite tiaras -the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Winston Churchill
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #8090 on: January 10, 2022, 06:14:59 PM »

While I understand and agree with wanting to see Catherine wear less foofy dresses and not have these pictures be so romantic it hit me when I read that William and the kids liked certain pics that this is precisely how she wants to be seen right now. She is their soft spot and that is the role she most loves and is good at and I write that knowing that such a role seems subordinate to many women. Catherine is good at this and wants to be seen publicly not as her own woman which she is but as the adjunct to other royal roles. She is not housewife just slaving away to make her husband and kids the stars she puts in the work too. But she really is telling us that she will never trample William or Charles or George in her role. She will give us formal bling portraits when she is the heir's wife and Princess of Wales well fingers crossed for that title.
Lady Liebe

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #8091 on: January 10, 2022, 06:54:43 PM »

While I understand and agree with wanting to see Catherine wear less foofy dresses and not have these pictures be so romantic it hit me when I read that William and the kids liked certain pics that this is precisely how she wants to be seen right now. She is their soft spot and that is the role she most loves and is good at and I write that knowing that such a role seems subordinate to many women. Catherine is good at this and wants to be seen publicly not as her own woman which she is but as the adjunct to other royal roles. She is not housewife just slaving away to make her husband and kids the stars she puts in the work too. But she really is telling us that she will never trample William or Charles or George in her role. She will give us formal bling portraits when she is the heir's wife and Princess of Wales well fingers crossed for that title.

This!  Star

That has been my assessment of Kate from the get go. Kate sees her role as supporting, and I would add HM into the mix too. Kate is a very good team member and team player. It's not that she doesn't shine in her own right, her creation of and ongoing work with the Early Years Centre, her photography and other endeavors are very much to her credit. But she's also reflecting that light back onto the BRF.

I never would have expected to say this ten years ago, but she has a whole lot of the same attributes as QETQM.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Winston Churchill
Gemsheal

Large Member

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #8092 on: January 10, 2022, 10:02:56 PM »

For fun. 

Amazing!!

Improves the photo 100%

Especially because it's one of my favorite tiaras -the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland.

Oh wow.   I rather like that photo now, with the addition of that tiara!   Woo hoo! Champagne   

“The spirit of the artist doesn't belong to one person or another.  It belongs to all of us.  Don't keep its playfulness and generosity buried." 
Gloria Vanderbilt - Woman to Woman
Lady Excelsie

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #8093 on: January 10, 2022, 10:21:00 PM »

For fun. 

This photo with the tiara simply looks ethereal. Kate seems to know her position and her role in the royal family. She learned early on to know exactly what's expected and what it means to be a team player with the Firm.
Amazing!!

Improves the photo 100%

Oh wow.   I rather like that photo now, with the addition of that tiara!   Woo hoo! Champagne   

karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #8094 on: January 10, 2022, 10:49:02 PM »

I don't like the photos, I prefer Kate when she is natural and these set seem artificial and copying an old royal glamour style.  First I thought her profile picture reminded me of one of Sissi's old photographs until twitter gave me the answer

https://twitter.com/Royal...%2Fpost395394.htmlp395394

Kate is a beautiful woman but the BRF is trying the PR too hard.  

I don't like them, either, for the same reason. They are too posed and not natural looking. The first time I saw the one in the red dress I didn't know who it was. Too much editing after the fact as well.

Their PR is also too much and actually has been ramping up for a while now. I understand they are being promoted for their soon-to-be roles but I don't think being artificial like this is a good way to do it.
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #8095 on: January 11, 2022, 12:01:48 AM »

She will give us formal bling portraits when she is the heir's wife and Princess of Wales well fingers crossed for that title.

I am not sure that we will. The BRF seems to be moving away from the 'bling portraits'. Camilla, the current heir's wife hasn't had a 'bling portrait' and even the current heir didn't do a formal portrait for his latest 'o' birthday.

The BRF simply aren't wearing the 'bling' anymore so why expect them to have their portraits taken in the bling when they don't wear it other than three or four times a year. Catherine wears less jewellery than either The Queen or Camilla and I don't see her wearing more in the years ahead. She has set her tone - understated.
Emac0914

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #8096 on: January 11, 2022, 12:06:05 AM »

I don't like the photos, I prefer Kate when she is natural and these set seem artificial and copying an old royal glamour style.  First I thought her profile picture reminded me of one of Sissi's old photographs until twitter gave me the answer

https://twitter.com/Royal...%2Fpost395394.htmlp395394

Kate is a beautiful woman but the BRF is trying the PR too hard.  

I don't like them, either, for the same reason. They are too posed and not natural looking. The first time I saw the one in the red dress I didn't know who it was. Too much editing after the fact as well.

Their PR is also too much and actually has been ramping up for a while now. I understand they are being promoted for their soon-to-be roles but I don't think being artificial like this is a good way to do it.

I agree with you both.  I do like that she chose the outfits and how the photo shoot ran.  Also like that they aren’t the updo-tiara-gobs of big jewelry typical to show how “regal” she can be.  They do feel like a bit of fresh air compare to normal but don’t like the filtering and photoshopping done.  There’s looking young and carefree, then there’s overboard.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #8097 on: January 11, 2022, 12:40:05 AM »

I love the photos as they depict the 3 versions of 1 Kate if that makes sense.

An official/traditional one, according to BRF history (side view as homage on the royal leading women who came before her), a modern one/future of the BRF (red dress), and a personal/soft one (close up). In the art of photography, they make perfect sense. And since it's Kate, I would have not expected her to reinvent the wheel like so many others, modernize the monarchy they married into.

Best example

The photos are modern, minimalistic, with a historic twist.

thecrownjewelthief

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #8098 on: January 11, 2022, 01:22:02 AM »

I like that they did something different for these photos. I don't know that I love them, but it's cool to not just be the standard family photos or something you'd see in a magazine. He truly did portraits. The more natural hair is beautiful and it's just a different side of her than we normally see. The soft filter feels very romantic and light. The more I look at them, the more I like them.
perdie

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #8099 on: January 11, 2022, 02:28:26 AM »

The photos are a little meh for me too.  Some airbrushing is inevitable, but the one in the red dress in particular takes a second look to recognise her - that's not good.  I get that they don't want to overstate their role, but truthfully she's going to be Princess of Wales in the coming years.  One tiara photo would have fitted with tradition and been a nod to the future.  The PR has been pushing them due to this and to help push aside problematic spares so it would have hammered away at that.  Her hair is uncharacteristically frazzled.  I get frazzled at her neck positioning in the Winterhalter style photo but then again I always hate her posture.  However, there's a hint of clenched teeth in it and I find it tense.
Pages: 1 ... 538 539 [540] 541 542 ... 565   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: