Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 540 541 [542] 543 544 ... 569   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate - news and photos III  (Read 2127835 times)
Lady Liebe

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #8115 on: January 26, 2022, 03:04:31 AM »

I’ve read this multiple places. Interesting. I had assumed it would be Anne or William. Would she have to dress up in uniform? I’ve never been a particular fan of ‘honorary’ military roles (the dress up and medals) but it’s not my business and I don’t know enough about it. It seems an odd choice to me but I guess we’ll see who they pick.

The Grenadier Guards want the Duchess of Cambridge to replace the Duke of York as their colonel.
Senior officials in the regiment have said they want Kate, 40, to be the second appointed female colonel in its 366-year history.
The Queen, 95, has taken the role again by default after she stripped Prince Andrew of all his military titles this month over allegations that he sexually assaulted Virginia Giuffre, which he denies.

https://archive.fo/69uje

If memory serves QEQM held dozens of honorary appointments but never wore a uniform so Kate could certainly take that approach. 

I believe the plan is for The Queen to hold all the positions the two dumpster fires “returned” and that only after her death will new appointments be made. 

I think the only time we saw HM in uniform was for the Trooping of the Color, but she gave that up eventually.

Sophie, who is the Royal Colonel of the Fifth Battalion (The Rifles) has worn fatigues when visiting them whilst on maneuvers. I could see Kate doing the same.

If the Grenadier Guards are serious, HM might make an exception and name Kate as Colonel in six months or so.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Winston Churchill
Aubiette

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #8116 on: January 26, 2022, 02:38:56 PM »

Kate visiting SHOUT today to mark one million conversations.

Mental health support and resources across the UK have made significant strides over the last decade.
@GiveUsAShout, through its 24/7 text messaging service, has been a huge contributor and consistent support for children, young people & adults during their most difficult times.

Since launch, Shout 85258 has taken 1 million (that’s 1,000,000) conversations with 386,000 people across the UK – with 4 in 10 texters seeking help for the first time.

Having met some of the incredible volunteers today to hear their stories and see how they facilitate conversations, it’s obvious how their empathetic approach helps people feel safe, calm and listened to.

Visit @GiveUsAShout to help them take their next 1 million conversations.

https://twitter.com/Kensi.../1486332029822279685?s=20

The #DuchessofCambridge  met clinical supervisors, volunteers & fundraisers to thank them for their invaluable efforts to ensure that mental health support is available across the UK at any time of day or night.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 02:49:05 PM by Aubiette » Logged
Aubiette

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #8117 on: January 26, 2022, 02:41:02 PM »

“How’s this for inspiring on a chilly day. Leo Street who just met the Duchess of Cambridge is 13 & slept in a hammock in his garden every night last year to raise money for @GiveUsAShout the mental health text line,he struggled himself when moving from primary to secondary school”.

Video
https://twitter.com/SkyRh.../1486311114371743749?s=20

« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 02:49:24 PM by Aubiette » Logged
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #8118 on: January 26, 2022, 06:44:08 PM »

Nice to see her out and about - I'm not sure the belt works with the dress, but I like the print and I like her earrings

Cool your jets, everyone
Lady Liebe

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #8119 on: January 26, 2022, 06:48:50 PM »

Nice to see her out and about - I'm not sure the belt works with the dress, but I like the print and I like her earrings

I like the belt with it, what I'm side eyeing is the ruffle on the bottom. Love the boots though.

Has she worn those earrings before? They look familiar.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Winston Churchill
Aubiette

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #8120 on: January 26, 2022, 06:53:00 PM »

Yes the earrings are a repeat.

Per Duchess Kate Blog
Kate accessorised with her Asos gold plated earrings. They are currently back in stock for £10.
thecrownjewelthief

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #8121 on: January 26, 2022, 07:37:41 PM »

“How’s this for inspiring on a chilly day. Leo Street who just met the Duchess of Cambridge is 13 & slept in a hammock in his garden every night last year to raise money for @GiveUsAShout the mental health text line,he struggled himself when moving from primary to secondary school”.

Video
https://twitter.com/SkyRh.../1486311114371743749?s=20

Awww, this is really sweet! Great work Leo!
Aubiette

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #8122 on: January 26, 2022, 07:52:49 PM »

Nice praise

anneboleyn

Warned
Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #8123 on: January 26, 2022, 08:04:37 PM »

I believe it. William has been a long champion of mental health, and Kate has dealt with it personally with her brother, who has been open about his struggles.

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #8124 on: January 26, 2022, 10:42:47 PM »

Her outfit and earrings are perfect for this. Low key, not attention seeking, but still classy and dressed for the occasion. I love how this couple sticks to their causes and are probably very, very knowledgeable by now.

The problem with incompetent, corrupt, fascist government is incompetence, corruption and fascism,  not government (Jerome à Paris - paraphrased)
PruNordstrom

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #8125 on: January 26, 2022, 11:23:08 PM »

Over time she has accepted help offered to her for these public causes so she was able to become more comfortable in that public role through the years. She learned as she went along, acquired and applied new skills, polishing them with continued public service. Wasn't like that when she first married. Also maintained close relationships with her family and that helps ground you when things go wrong and public criticism becomes too nasty. Support matters and she has it. There are brf members who see value in building that particular skillset and an honorable reputation; then there are who don't.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 11:28:54 PM by PruNordstrom » Logged

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
periwinkle

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #8126 on: January 26, 2022, 11:33:50 PM »

I believe these accounts of the seriousness of William and Kate's involvement with their charities. It's great to hear.
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #8127 on: January 27, 2022, 02:30:38 AM »

Over time she has accepted help offered to her for these public causes so she was able to become more comfortable in that public role through the years. She learned as she went along, acquired and applied new skills, polishing them with continued public service. Wasn't like that when she first married. Also maintained close relationships with her family and that helps ground you when things go wrong and public criticism becomes too nasty. Support matters and she has it. There are brf members who see value in building that particular skillset and an honorable reputation; then there are who don't.
   Star
Aubiette

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #8128 on: January 27, 2022, 11:51:25 PM »

The Duchess of Cambridge will become the first member of the Royal Family to take on one of Prince Harry’s patronages when she is announced as the new figurehead of English rugby.

Kate, 40, is due to be unveiled as the patron of the Rugby Football Union ‘imminently’, sources told the Daily Mail.

Her role sets her up in direct competition with William, who became patron of the Welsh Rugby Union in 2016. The move comes ahead of England’s Six Nations campaign, which begins next week.

https://www.dailymail.co....patron-English-rugby.html
Diogenes
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #8129 on: January 28, 2022, 12:34:17 AM »

The Duchess of Cambridge will become the first member of the Royal Family to take on one of Prince Harry’s patronages when she is announced as the new figurehead of English rugby.

Kate, 40, is due to be unveiled as the patron of the Rugby Football Union ‘imminently’, sources told the Daily Mail.

Her role sets her up in direct competition with William, who became patron of the Welsh Rugby Union in 2016. The move comes ahead of England’s Six Nations campaign, which begins next week.

https://www.dailymail.co....patron-English-rugby.html

Sweet!  Shade much? 
Pages: 1 ... 540 541 [542] 543 544 ... 569   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: