Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 106   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate - news and photos III  (Read 274965 times)
Georgie

Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: March 20, 2017, 10:37:13 PM »

Kate's right arm without the hand... looks a bit odd  Yikes

valentine14

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: March 22, 2017, 12:24:08 PM »

BURN article from the Times today:

Right. Yah. So we?ve educated darling Saskia at Wycombe Abbey, she read something pointless at a former poly, and now she?s 26, largely unemployable and possessed of her mother?s robust sense of entitlement.
And you are telling me this why, exactly?

Because the time has come to find her a rich husband who can ensure she does nothing for the rest of her life. I?m thinking the new Duke of Westminster.
Ah.

What do you mean, ?ah?? He?s 26, boyishly handsome, poised in grief, impeccably well mannered and loaded. He needs an heir. Saskia needs a husband. Perfect.
I?m afraid he already has a girlfriend.

What? Who? One of those other girls from a posh school with unbearably pushy mothers who spend their every waking hour scheming for their little darlings to marry an aristocrat?
No. She?s called Harriet Tomlinson, her parents sound entirely normal and the couple met when they were both pupils at Ellesmere College.

Where? Never heard of it.
It?s in Shropshire.

Where? Actually, look, it doesn?t matter where it is. Who is she? Who are her parents? Where do they live?
Nowhere you?ve heard of. She studied teaching at the University of Wales and now works in recruitment.

[sound of spluttering] Wales? Recruitment? Whoever heard of such a thing. She can?t possibly have Saskia?s accomplishments.
She does indeed sound not at all like a gold-digging nightmare with a pushy mother.

Does she know how to deal with servants?
You didn?t actually just say that out loud did you?

And flower arranging. I bet she has no view at all on what makes a suitable centrepiece for a gracious entrance hall.
Possibly not. What century are you living in?

Saskia?s been robbed. There are so few positions around these days for pointless wives. Prince William is taken, Harry?s with an American and, besides, aristocrats are a better bet. The royals have to pretend to work for a living.
Imagine."

Tinika

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: March 22, 2017, 03:03:52 PM »

I don't understand her choices of shoes and bag with this outfit. I don't see any burgundy in her coat. So why burgundy accessories? I like them, they just don't match.

Personally I doubt she even chose any of it.  I think she's probably told what to wear and then just puts it on like a good little Stepford Wife.
Olya

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: March 22, 2017, 07:00:46 PM »

BURN article from the Times today:

Right. Yah. So we?ve educated darling Saskia at Wycombe Abbey, she read something pointless at a former poly, and now she?s 26, largely unemployable and possessed of her mother?s robust sense of entitlement.
And you are telling me this why, exactly?

Because the time has come to find her a rich husband who can ensure she does nothing for the rest of her life. I?m thinking the new Duke of Westminster.
Ah.

What do you mean, ?ah?? He?s 26, boyishly handsome, poised in grief, impeccably well mannered and loaded. He needs an heir. Saskia needs a husband. Perfect.
I?m afraid he already has a girlfriend.

What? Who? One of those other girls from a posh school with unbearably pushy mothers who spend their every waking hour scheming for their little darlings to marry an aristocrat?
No. She?s called Harriet Tomlinson, her parents sound entirely normal and the couple met when they were both pupils at Ellesmere College.

Where? Never heard of it.
It?s in Shropshire.

Where? Actually, look, it doesn?t matter where it is. Who is she? Who are her parents? Where do they live?
Nowhere you?ve heard of. She studied teaching at the University of Wales and now works in recruitment.

[sound of spluttering] Wales? Recruitment? Whoever heard of such a thing. She can?t possibly have Saskia?s accomplishments.
She does indeed sound not at all like a gold-digging nightmare with a pushy mother.

Does she know how to deal with servants?
You didn?t actually just say that out loud did you?

And flower arranging. I bet she has no view at all on what makes a suitable centrepiece for a gracious entrance hall.
Possibly not. What century are you living in?

Saskia?s been robbed. There are so few positions around these days for pointless wives. Prince William is taken, Harry?s with an American and, besides, aristocrats are a better bet. The royals have to pretend to work for a living.
Imagine."

Quite a good one!
CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: March 22, 2017, 07:50:05 PM »

I don't understand her choices of shoes and bag with this outfit. I don't see any burgundy in her coat. So why burgundy accessories? I like them, they just don't match.

Personally I doubt she even chose any of it.  I think she's probably told what to wear and then just puts it on like a good little Stepford Wife.

I think she picks out everything she wears, she's just fashion stupid. 
Georgie

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: March 23, 2017, 12:53:46 PM »

The Duchess of Cambridge's @bestbeginnings engagement is definitely going ahead today

https://twitter.com/RE_Da...status/844847041687633920

Duchess of Cambridge engagement  to raise awareness on maternal mental health is continuing as planned today despite London terror attacks

https://twitter.com/Carol...status/844819725003636736
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 12:59:08 PM by Georgie » Logged
MidnightDiamond

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: March 23, 2017, 12:58:45 PM »

I think she picks out everything she wears, she's just fashion stupid. 

I think her mom picks it out, they dress very similar.
gudgeon

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: March 23, 2017, 01:43:15 PM »

The Duchess of Cambridge's @bestbeginnings engagement is definitely going ahead today

https://twitter.com/RE_Da...status/844847041687633920

Duchess of Cambridge engagement  to raise awareness on maternal mental health is continuing as planned today despite London terror attacks

https://twitter.com/Carol...status/844819725003636736

I guess they have a vacation planned after this that they don't want to postpone...  Secret  She worked too darned hard in Paris - visiting museums and having tea - to postpone her hard earned vacation!!

My adventures in baking: http://bakedtoorder.blogspot.com/ 
LauraMarie

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: March 23, 2017, 01:58:46 PM »

First images of Kate (in repeat Eponine London) today.  Richard Palmer said she's due to give a speech soon.

LauraMarie

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: March 23, 2017, 02:33:53 PM »

Her speech today...

Before I begin, I know you would all want to join me in sending our thoughts and prayers to all those sadly affected by yesterday?s terrible attack in Westminster.  We will be thinking of all the families, as we discuss the important issues we're here to talk about.

I would like to thank Best Beginnings for inviting me here to introduce the 'Out of The Blue' series.  This collection of films highlights how vital it is to be open about our mental health especially in the early years of parenthood.

Personally, becoming a mother has been such a rewarding and wonderful experience.  However, at times it has also been a huge challenge- even for me who has support at home that most mothers do not.

Nothing can really prepare you for you the sheer overwhelming experience of what it means to become a mother.  It is full of complex emotions of joy, exhaustion, love, and worry, all mixed together.  Your fundamental identity changes overnight.  You go from thinking of yourself as primarily an individual, to suddenly being a mother, first and foremost.

And yet there is no rule book, no right or wrong - you just have to make it up and do the very best you can to care for your family.  For many mothers, myself included, this can, at times lead to lack of confidence and feelings of ignorance.

Sadly, for some mothers, this experience can be made so much harder due to challenges with their own mental health.  Two in ten women will suffer mental health issues that can occur during pregnancy and in the year after birth, often clouding their moments of joy with a real sense of darkness and isolation.  Many of these women also suffer in silence, overwhelmed by negative feelings, but also afraid to admit to the struggles they are facing due to the fear or shame of what others might think if they ?aren?t coping?.

Some of this fear is about the pressure to be a perfect parent; pretending we're all coping perfectly and loving every minute of it.  It's right to talk about motherhood as a wonderful thing, but we also need to talk about its stresses and strains.  It?s ok not to find it easy.  Asking for help should not be seen as a sign of weakness.

If any of us caught a fever during pregnancy, we would seek advice and support from a doctor.  Getting help with our mental health is no different ? our children need us to look after ourselves and get the support we need.

Conversations are crucial for mental wellbeing and they should be part of everyday family life.  Talking about a problem with a friend or another trusted person can be the beginning of getting better.

This week, as we look forward to Mother?s Day, I would love to see everyone celebrate and value the fundamental importance that mothers play in family life.

Mothers take on an overwhelming responsibility of caring for their families.  Their role is vital in providing unconditional love, care, and support at home, particularly in the early years of a child?s development. We therefore should do everything we can to support and value their hard work.

The work of Best Beginnings is vital.  By providing tools and resources to help parents establish their own confidence and their own self-awareness, Best Beginnings enables mothers and fathers to do the best they can for their families.

The Out of the Blue films you are about to see are also an amazing example to all parents, that starting conversations and asking for support is a real source of strength.  They have been created with real parents, talking honestly and openly about their own experiences of parenthood.

I am now delighted to introduce two brave parents who have contributed to the films, Jessica and John Warne.

Thank you. 
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: March 23, 2017, 02:50:33 PM »

So many words for Waity! I'm afraid to see the video Clown

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
LauraMarie

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: March 23, 2017, 02:53:28 PM »

So many words for Waity! I'm afraid to see the video Clown

Two videos:

https://twitter.com/RE_Da...status/844906810037407744
https://twitter.com/RE_Da...status/844904465064964096
Eliza B

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: March 23, 2017, 03:07:24 PM »

She obviously stole the numbers from a document with multiple comparisons,  because 2 in 10 would never be used unless they're comparing multiple things to 10. Otherwise it's known as 1 in 5.
Math nerd.

The added on beginning, is such a jumble to me. Wordy where simplicity is called for: "know...would...want"
"we discuss [what] we're here to [discuss]"
I wish she put more thought into it.

But I'm surprised in general that her speech was that long and had actual stats in it.
MidnightDiamond

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: March 23, 2017, 03:12:37 PM »

i'm surprised she is still on mental health. Random question: how come we get less photos on their engagements, I know other royals don't get a lot of press but we get great photos of them with people. With William & Kate we get photos of them with a couple of people?
Celia

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: March 23, 2017, 03:41:11 PM »

She didn't "lose" her identity when she became a mother, but when she became a wife.  Still sounds really dull.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 106   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: