Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 107   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate - news and photos III  (Read 277999 times)
onar

Medium Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #510 on: April 21, 2017, 04:05:15 AM »

Oh Kate! Did she say all these things? Whatever she did, all the preparation/reading/training, anything, it worked. Let's hope this will continue.
Maybe she has really interesting things to say but doesn't have the ability/talent of public speaking? I don't know and I can't say but this time, she did very nicely.

debbydeb

Gigantic Member

Indonesia Indonesia

Ignore
« Reply #511 on: April 21, 2017, 04:26:01 AM »

Oh Kate! Did she say all these things? Whatever she did, all the preparation/reading/training, anything, it worked. Let's hope this will continue.
Maybe she has really interesting things to say but doesn't have the ability/talent of public speaking? I don't know and I can't say but this time, she did very nicely.

I think she should take heart in today's outing and see the virtue of getting professional coaching and reading up/swotting up on what she's supposed to be talking about.
Even a small effort does wonders on someone who has been under such a low bar for so long.
Positive reinforcement.... positive reinforcement....
onar

Medium Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #512 on: April 21, 2017, 05:26:55 AM »

I think she should take heart in today's outing and see the virtue of getting professional coaching and reading up/swotting up on what she's supposed to be talking about.
Even a small effort does wonders on someone who has been under such a low bar for so long.
Positive reinforcement.... positive reinforcement....
Absolutely, debbydeb! Thumb up

wisdomheaven

Gigantic Member

#SRFSugar

Ignore
« Reply #513 on: April 21, 2017, 07:13:27 AM »

Interesting dynamics in this video [it is the video that the gifs i posted are derived from].

Harry and Kate working well together and vibing off each other...William not so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo2WMwnSyvo
MidnightDiamond

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #514 on: April 21, 2017, 07:49:50 AM »

They need to set Harry free, I mean seriously William and Kate are the couple.
Georgie

Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #515 on: April 21, 2017, 11:27:28 AM »

imo what she says sounds really scripted, considering her bland/silly answers she's said in the past, I think this is just something she's memorised...

Also, I find it hard to believe the whole 'it is lonely and you can feel isolated' that she says idk.. jmo

'It is lonely at times and you do feel quite isolated' - the Duchess of Cambridge on being a mother

https://twitter.com/5_New...status/855047587015077888 (with subtitles)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 11:35:24 AM by Georgie » Logged
debbydeb

Gigantic Member

Indonesia Indonesia

Ignore
« Reply #516 on: April 21, 2017, 11:40:16 AM »

imo what she says sounds really scripted, considering her bland/silly answers she's said in the past, I think this is just something she's memorised...

Also, I find it hard to believe the whole 'it is lonely and you can feel isolated' that she says idk.. jmo

'It is lonely at times and you do feel quite isolated' - the Duchess of Cambridge on being a mother

I can actually believe that Kate does feel a bit lonely and isolated.
Rumors about her posting anonymously on new mommies message boards notwithstanding,
I think her companionship is limited to her demanding mother (I feel like Carole also has some FIXED ideas on how to raise a future king that might not be in line with what Kate thinks is best for her own son; and I can see Kate losing the argument even before voicing it), nowadays-busy-with-her-own-stuff sister, and the nanny. I feel like even the Help has more socializing time and socializing circle than she does.

She is seen shopping alone (not even an indication of a friend tagging a few feet away), going on errands alone, so I do believe that she has limited circle of who she can interact with regarding mommyhood. 
(I really don't believe she has someone (a mom-friend or a group of mom-friends) she skypes or calls in the evenings to gossip or haver with).
--> if you don't count the RPOs, that is.
And even with the RPOs and the nanny I don't feel the sort of camaraderie that pushes against the boundary of employer/employee.

In addition to a domineering Mom Carole, I think even William screens who she invites home or hangs out with.
We can't have privacy-intruding "friends" barge in to wreck havoc in William's sanctuary.

And this is not even accounting to the number of female-friend bridges she might've managed to burn all by herself in her youth days of William-chasing.

Reflecting upon this, I do feel like Kate does feel alone sometimes.
Suzerain

Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Princess Gollumina wants her precioussss

Ignore
« Reply #517 on: April 21, 2017, 12:25:30 PM »

'It is lonely at times and you do feel quite isolated' - the Duchess of Cambridge on being a mother Prince William's wife

There, I fixed it for you.

The Rally Prince driving (yes, it's really him)...
Georgie

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #518 on: April 21, 2017, 01:11:38 PM »

I can actually believe that Kate does feel a bit lonely and isolated.
Rumors about her posting anonymously on new mommies message boards notwithstanding,
I think her companionship is limited to her demanding mother (I feel like Carole also has some FIXED ideas on how to raise a future king that might not be in line with what Kate thinks is best for her own son; and I can see Kate losing the argument even before voicing it), nowadays-busy-with-her-own-stuff sister, and the nanny. I feel like even the Help has more socializing time and socializing circle than she does.

She is seen shopping alone (not even an indication of a friend tagging a few feet away), going on errands alone, so I do believe that she has limited circle of who she can interact with regarding mommyhood. 
(I really don't believe she has someone (a mom-friend or a group of mom-friends) she skypes or calls in the evenings to gossip or haver with).
--> if you don't count the RPOs, that is.
And even with the RPOs and the nanny I don't feel the sort of camaraderie that pushes against the boundary of employer/employee.

In addition to a domineering Mom Carole, I think even William screens who she invites home or hangs out with.
We can't have privacy-intruding "friends" barge in to wreck havoc in William's sanctuary.

And this is not even accounting to the number of female-friend bridges she might've managed to burn all by herself in her youth days of William-chasing.

Reflecting upon this, I do feel like Kate does feel alone sometimes.

True - fair enough. I didn't think of those points you mentioned actually so I see what you mean  Thumb up  Thinking

'It is lonely at times and you do feel quite isolated' - the Duchess of Cambridge on being a mother Prince William's wife

There, I fixed it for you.

Laugh bounce
Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #519 on: April 21, 2017, 01:33:43 PM »

I agree. It sounded very much scripted. In the gif her endless use of "sort of" is missing and it makes her sound much better than she actually did.  She mumbled a lot and stumbled over words. It was not easy to understand her and it sounded a lot like a very rehearsed speech she had to get out no matter the actual topic of the discussion. It was her part of the show but all three did repeat their usual catchphrases.  Snore

Re feeling lonely and isolated: This was quite clever. She actually never said that she did feel that way. She was generally speaking but with no hint of that she did as well. IMO she just repeated what she heard from the other woman opposite of her. The cut in the beginning of that scene is rather suspicious.

Witchell: Clearly a greater share of royal burden will fall on you and as that happens you will grasp it willingly?
Will: Absolutely willingly. And as that time comes I'll be the first person to put my hand up and take it on. But [] my grandfather is so active [] and unwilling to slow down.
gudgeon

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #520 on: April 21, 2017, 03:55:14 PM »

Eek, her face is SOOOO puffy. What's going on there? Fillers gone wrong? Pregnancy? Her eyes look like two tiny raisins. She just looks bizarre...

My adventures in baking: http://bakedtoorder.blogspot.com/ 
anastasia

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #521 on: April 21, 2017, 06:18:45 PM »

It's interesting to observe the conversation around the "picnic table" that Kate's accent sounds so much more "posh" and garbled than the two princes! She definitely seems more animated in that conversation, less zoned out than usual, so that's nice to see. However, the comment about "yeah, we'll come, too" because William was returning to Wales was odd. I mean, wouldn't she and the baby naturally go with him? What, she would stay behind with baby, her mummy and the nanny while William lived separately? And while I understand there are enormous pressures and emotional rollercoasters when you have a new baby, she always seems to talk about "new motherhood" as more than just stressful but as a kind of natural starting point for mental illness. Again, we're not talking normal mood swings, sleeplessness or post-partum depression. It's almost like she will be talking to someone who has dealt with emotional illness and she'll come back with: Oh yes, I remember the stress when I became a new mother.  I just think it's an odd juxtaposition, and she keeps returning to that line of thinking. Huh?
Georgie

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #522 on: April 21, 2017, 07:28:07 PM »

Kate looking happy as usual  Whistle

Kate & William's surprise visit to @BBCR1 today on behalf of @heads_together http://

William and Catherine share their memories of Radio 1's #BigWeekend in Bangor

Did they really go to this?

https://twitter.com/BBCR1...status/855434746989486080
Ellie

Warned
Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #523 on: April 21, 2017, 07:34:48 PM »

She looks like a 12 year old in that blouse.
KimmySue

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #524 on: April 21, 2017, 09:34:38 PM »

I agree. It sounded very much scripted. In the gif her endless use of "sort of" is missing and it makes her sound much better than she actually did.  She mumbled a lot and stumbled over words. It was not easy to understand her and it sounded a lot like a very rehearsed speech she had to get out no matter the actual topic of the discussion. It was her part of the show but all three did repeat their usual catchphrases.  Snore

Re feeling lonely and isolated: This was quite clever. She actually never said that she did feel that way. She was generally speaking but with no hint of that she did as well. IMO she just repeated what she heard from the other woman opposite of her. The cut in the beginning of that scene is rather suspicious.

This. I had a little trouble understanding some of what she said, but it did sound like she was referring to something the woman had said earlier, before the video started.

Also, she isolated herself. She wanted William and was willing to drop everything and everyone in order to get him.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 107   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: