Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate - news and photos III  (Read 635063 times)
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #3120 on: October 11, 2018, 02:25:37 AM »

I like this outfit I dare say it is my favourite she gas worn. It is unique
jolene

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3121 on: October 11, 2018, 02:43:11 AM »

I like this look. Different and interesting for her.
Diamond Lil

Gigantic Member

New Zealand New Zealand

Ignore
« Reply #3122 on: October 11, 2018, 02:54:48 AM »

I really like the dress, but there's just a little too much going on with the buttons and those earrings.  Love the colour of the belt, too.

Princess MS

Warned
Medium Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #3123 on: October 11, 2018, 06:01:12 AM »

Apparently, Kate is wearing the runway version (which look more like her dress than the commercial version) slightly altered to remove the cutout. Carey Mulligan has worn the same dress with the same alteration and I can see why Kate decided to wear a belt because it looks really poorly done on Carey's dress.

I like the shape of the dress - but not the fabric, or belt. The check material does not work well - the pattern joins at the seams are off (yes I did sewing and design classes at school and we would have been docked marks for that). The buttons are interesting and would be better on a less busy fabric. The belt is a big "no" - too thick and awkward positioning - she seems to like too high belts for some reason - as for the earrings - just too much with all the rest going on and I would not have paid $1220 for them (source - What Kate Wore) - hopefully they are on loan to her as I can't see them being worn again. At least it is not a floral prairie style Erdem.
Paulina

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #3124 on: October 11, 2018, 06:48:34 AM »

I like the dress and shoes. Itís busy but works. An interesting line and cut and texture. She nailed. It.

Her hair, though. She doesnít just have gorgeous hair. She has gorgeous tresses.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #3125 on: October 11, 2018, 08:50:52 AM »

I think she looks very well done. The dress is lovely, the accessories match, all is both event and season appropriate - so all is a good choice.
That IMO the belt achieves the opposite of her goal (which was to emphasize her new extreme slimness - this shape in two years will get the rumors about baby4 in a frenzy!!)  or that the belt and the frayed edges of the dress in front clash with the very eye-catching buttons (which also did not quite match the buttons-as-brooch or the earrings) is perhaps neglectable as the appearance she made was very nice indeed.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Eliza B

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #3126 on: October 11, 2018, 01:34:21 PM »

Mmm I'm on fence.  Nice to see something different, but its not really that different her Preen dress had a similar neckline and the midi is very common.  It's just the jewels instead of buttons that's "risky" but they get lost against the fabric. The belt,  it's obviously to hide that fabric issue but only creates a new issue.

As for hair,  if she's going to leave down for night (which I do 99% of time so can't fault her) it has to be more polished than day hair.
lisadug

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #3127 on: October 11, 2018, 04:41:53 PM »

I like the dress, not enough for that kind of money personally, but itís a change for Kate and I thought she looked nice, loved the colour of her accessories, beautiful.  I thought her hair was messy, it looks to me like sheís added more in again and there was no finesse to it, make up is just the usual Kate, one step,away from a clown, someone needs to take that blusher away from her.

Iím wondering whether her recent repeats were down to knowing people might balk at the cost of this outfit.

One last thing though, her posture, itís getting worse and worse, Iím wondering whether she has some issue with her spine, sheís so hunched over it looks painful.  For someone who supposedly does yoga she doesnít carry herself well at all and Iím sad sheís gone so thin, she looked so healthy and fresh at the polo when she was a good 10 - 14 pounds heavier, but she still seems happy in herself and thatís good to see.
ortensia

Warned
Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #3128 on: October 11, 2018, 04:52:21 PM »

Erdem....don't get me started....
This frock looks like a knockoff  of Chanel (the jewelles/pearls buttons) mixed with Dior (the houndsthooth/pied de poule pattern) ....and the result is a Frankenstein of a dress.  
Kate , stop with the stilettos, you are already very tall and you don't need to tower over other people!
It's not sexy at all!!!
Now I really hope she gets back to her latest sartorial tributes to the Queen Mom.
Vava

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #3129 on: October 11, 2018, 05:07:10 PM »

I love the neckline/sleeve design on this dress.  The length with the frayed edge is great and I like the fabric, too.  Lined in a burgundy satin - nice!!  I tend to agree with the other posters that the buttons down the front detract from the overall beauty of the dress.  But Erdem tends to overthink things, I think.  Anyway, for an Erdem, this is pretty cool.

Shoes are fab.  (Heels would be too high for me to walk in, but obviously she has no trouble with them.  Makes me wonder if the heel height contributes to her poor posture....).  The Jimmy Choo clutch is cool, and I like the burgundy ribbon belt, too.

Her hair looks amazing.  Too much blush, but that I guess is Kate's style that won't be changed anytime soon. 
Overall I'd say this is one of her more interesting sartorial statements.

The woman in the satin suit!  Yikes!
Kaiserin

Huge Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #3130 on: October 11, 2018, 05:22:39 PM »

Shoes are fab.  (Heels would be too high for me to walk in, but obviously she has no trouble with them.  Makes me wonder if the heel height contributes to her poor posture....).  ...

Usually, heels that high have the opposite effect. High heels usually force you to keep yourself very upright, for the balance. When you do a quasi "dance" on your foot balls, you'd automatically straighten your torso & take your shoulders back (the classic "belly in, breast out" your granny kept telling you).
Which is why I personally LOVE high heels.

So I do always wonder how she manages to wear these 3 - 4 inch heels and keep herself as slump & hunched as if she would wear sneakers ...
Lady Alice

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #3131 on: October 11, 2018, 05:37:11 PM »

So I do always wonder how she manages to wear these 3 - 4 inch heels and keep herself as slump & hunched as if she would wear sneakers ...

It won't matter in about twenty years when she'll be hobbling. The effect of these shoes on the joints is awful.

NAOTMAA

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #3132 on: October 11, 2018, 06:32:59 PM »

I like the design and shape of the dress but I don't like the fabric or pattern. Its like Scarlett O'Hara's curtian dress except with an old couch or recycled throw blanket instead.
leatherface

Big Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #3133 on: October 11, 2018, 06:54:52 PM »

I like the design and shape of the dress but I don't like the fabric or pattern. Its like Scarlett O'Hara's curtian dress except with an old couch or recycled throw blanket instead.

Scarlett O'Hara will cut you for that comment. You know her curtain dress was better tailored and styled.
Eliza B

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #3134 on: October 11, 2018, 07:35:12 PM »

I was kind of hoping Kate would repeat her Chanel coat tomorrow but that probably wont happen as two tweedy looks in a row...

... now I'm thinking that Catherine Walker with the ivy heart
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: