Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 352   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate - news and photos III  (Read 1069957 times)
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Pitcairn Pitcairn

"The gauntlet is definitely thrown down. Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #3555 on: February 11, 2019, 04:40:35 PM »

What bugs me about this is project is the fact that Kate has never given me the impression she has any interest in the natural world other than perhaps getting out into it and shooting things on Boxing Day or growing the occasional veggie at Amner Hall.   Neither she nor her husband has ever been photographed exploring the beautiful gardens at Highgrove or supporting Charles' enthusiasm for the wildlife of the hedgerows, or for organic gardening.  William has had a lot to say about conserving things in other countries, particularly Africa, but not about conservation in his homeland.  I think it is a great thing for people to appreciate nature and spend time in the wild, but this has come out of nowhere as far as Kate is concerned, and I see here another example of do as I say not as I do.
I believe that they would consider their time at Highgrove and Amner as "private time" and don't feel the need to share it with the public. TBH a photocall like the ones that Charles and Diana shared showing the family enjoying HighGrove's gardens   to "show" that all was well in the late 1980's, wouldn't be a good idea. Personally I don't need to see the kids playing or the family hiking to "prove" that they love the outdoors.
Antevorta

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #3556 on: February 11, 2019, 05:01:16 PM »

What bugs me about this is project is the fact that Kate has never given me the impression she has any interest in the natural world other than perhaps getting out into it and shooting things on Boxing Day or growing the occasional veggie at Amner Hall.   Neither she nor her husband has ever been photographed exploring the beautiful gardens at Highgrove or supporting Charles' enthusiasm for the wildlife of the hedgerows, or for organic gardening.  William has had a lot to say about conserving things in other countries, particularly Africa, but not about conservation in his homeland.  I think it is a great thing for people to appreciate nature and spend time in the wild, but this has come out of nowhere as far as Kate is concerned, and I see here another example of do as I say not as I do.

I don't see how you're faulting Kate for not having photographic evidence of her interest in nature.  Is it because we live in a day and age where unless a photo of it exists, something can't be true?  We only see small amounts of time of all royal figures that have been carefully curated into an image that the BRF wishes to project.  There is more than enough time where Kate and William are living their lives privately and have interests that are not made known to the public. 

To even begin to imagine that we know all about Kate or William simply because they are public figures is ridiculous.  It's imperative to remember that what we know of them is only because they are choosing to let us know what we know.
Athena

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #3557 on: February 11, 2019, 07:57:58 PM »

I think her interest has always been there:

From an article

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-13212487

about the trees and flowers used to decorate Westminster Abbey for the wedding:

"The aim is the abbey looks unpretentious and simple and natural and that it reflects the fact that Catherine is a country girl at heart and that the couple are the best of British."

and the trees went on to be replanted at Prince Charles’s holiday home in Wales:

https://www.dailymail.co....harless-holiday-home.html

NAOTMAA

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3558 on: February 11, 2019, 08:13:15 PM »

I think in Margaret's defense in many ways we barely know anything about Kate despite her being Duchess for 8 years. True the press trickle some tidbits over the years but it's still spread out and so rare that it's easy to forget. Unless you look back at old articles and such nothing immediately pops in the head without thinking a bit. We get next to nothing out of Kate's own mouth and get nil from her patronages and visits (the mental health thing is a joke). All people really know is she likes kids and has(?) an interest in photography. That's why this nature thing seems almost out of nowhere. She still a blank slate mannequin that people barely know if you don't royal watch (and even for those who do it's hard).

I'm not saying we have to know everything about her, her life doesn't have to be an open book, but it would be nice to know some things about her beyond the generic faceless.
Lady G

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #3559 on: February 11, 2019, 09:30:22 PM »

I think in Margaret's defense in many ways we barely know anything about Kate despite her being Duchess for 8 years. True the press trickle some tidbits over the years but it's still spread out and so rare that it's easy to forget. Unless you look back at old articles and such nothing immediately pops in the head without thinking a bit. We get next to nothing out of Kate's own mouth and get nil from her patronages and visits (the mental health thing is a joke). All people really know is she likes kids and has(?) an interest in photography. That's why this nature thing seems almost out of nowhere. She still a blank slate mannequin that people barely know if you don't royal watch (and even for those who do it's hard).

I'm not saying we have to know everything about her, her life doesn't have to be an open book, but it would be nice to know some things about her beyond the generic faceless.

She may well spend the next fifty or sixty years of her life as public figure - we'll have plenty of time to find out about her! Or not as the case may be.

"Cowards falter, but danger is often overcome by those who nobly dare."
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #3560 on: February 11, 2019, 10:01:07 PM »

Thanks.  Yes, I wasn't intending to imply that we should see photos of Kate and William and the children enjoying their private family activities but I can see how it came across like that.  What I had in mind was the contrasting way Charles has let us know of his interest in nature all throughout his adult life.  I mentioned Highgrove because it is a place that has been the focus of Charles' interest in the natural world and his dedication to conservation of native species and traditional ways of life, and his enjoyment of gardening.  But William has allowed his - partly totally reasonable but also partly irrational and obsessive - hatred of the press and sharing personal information about himself and his family to prevent him from revealing anything about what he really thinks and enjoys and it's been the same with Kate.  We know she enjoys tennis and sailing and colouring in books and that she fancies herself as a photographer, but that's about it apart from obviously enjoying being a mother.  Other than that she's a blank slate with an exaggerated smile on her face and too much makeup.  We get the carefully crafted public image she (or, more likely, William) wants us to see. We know very little about her and what we do know does not suggest someone who loves nature, IMO.  This project comes out of the blue and just does not ring true to me.  They can tell us she's a country girl at heart till they're blue in the face, but I don't see a country girl when I look at Kate.
Paulina

Warned
Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #3561 on: February 11, 2019, 11:23:20 PM »

Probably because Kate really is a boring person and a serviceable future-consort-in-waiting at heart and that's why her passions don't really come across at all. She's not passionate. Though I think she likes kids and is very comfortable in her mom role.
myloveforroyals

Large Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #3562 on: February 12, 2019, 12:51:28 AM »

More info about the garden from the show's press conference today:

The RHS Back to Nature Garden, designed by The Duchess of Cambridge and award-winning landscape architects Andree Davies and Adam White of Davies White Landscape Architects, is based in a woodland setting as a space for families and communities to come together and connect with nature.
Key elements of the garden include a beautifully crafted hollow log for children to climb through, a den, waterfall, stream and tree house.

The tree house will form the centrepiece of the garden and will feature a swing seat hanging from the branches, creating a place for children and families to play together. The waterfall and stream will also encourage play – from floating Poohsticks and chasing them along the stream to making dams with stones and sand to attract more wildlife.

Wild trees and shrubs combined with a cool, calm colour palette of green and blue provide an instant ‘nature fix’ to relax and calm, while the playful and diverse planting includes edibles, plants for craft activities and forest scents, ranging from tiny wild strawberries to magnificent trees.

This space isn’t just for people either – the flowers, fruits and seeds provide food for wildlife and nectar for bees and butterflies, while the plants offer nesting sites and shelter for birds and other animals.

Sue Biggs, RHS Director General, said: “We couldn’t be happier with the wonderful design by The Duchess of Cambridge and Andree and Adam for our garden at Chelsea this year.

“The RHS’s Garden is a beautiful natural space for families to get together, play, dig, grow plants, connect with nature and spend time in the great outdoors – something core to us as a charity to promote, inspire and encourage people to do.

“There are many sensory elements to help children to learn. Active play in the fresh air is also important for a child’s development and getting back to nature has been shown to be good for developing creativity, increasing physical activity and reducing stress.”

The RHS Back to Nature Garden is part of the RHS’s partnership with NHS England, which promotes the physical and emotional wellbeing that access to green spaces and gardening provides. After Chelsea, some of the planting and landscaping will go to an NHS Mental Health Trust, as part of a national competition run by the RHS.

Continuing the collaboration and to engage even wider audiences, The Duchess of Cambridge and Davies White will be co-designing two further RHS Gardens, maintaining many of elements from the Garden at Chelsea, at RHS Hampton Court Palace Garden Festival (2-7 July 2019) and RHS Garden Wisley in Surrey, which will open in the autumn later this year. 
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #3563 on: February 13, 2019, 01:34:21 PM »

Kate at the mental health conference today

Diogenes
Board Helper
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #3564 on: February 13, 2019, 02:04:18 PM »

Ummm ... whose mental health?
lothwen

Warned
Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #3565 on: February 13, 2019, 02:19:44 PM »

It’s a conference put on by The Royal Foundation

https://www.royalfoundati...h-in-education-conference

leatherface

Huge Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #3566 on: February 13, 2019, 02:22:44 PM »

Hers most likely as she looks positively deranged.
Princess MS

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #3567 on: February 13, 2019, 02:25:49 PM »

Kate at the mental health conference today

Noooo - looks like a lollipop cheer leader on a 20 year reunion ..... can't imagine anyone going there ... except for California girls.. or one of them
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #3568 on: February 13, 2019, 02:29:45 PM »

I would love to see her chop a few inches off her hair and have it straight. Just for a change.
Athena

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #3569 on: February 13, 2019, 02:32:24 PM »

A curious collection of still photos - the expressions must be very fleeting, for on video the Duchess simply looks pleased to be there:

https://www.belfasttelegr...-conference-37812466.html
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 352   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: