Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 347   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate - news and photos III  (Read 1039646 times)
Oh_Caroline

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #5145 on: September 11, 2019, 12:46:31 AM »

With George and Charlotte in school 7 hours a day it’s really not too much to ask for a bit more work during term time.  And criticism might easy if during breaks William did more part time hours while Kate stayed home.  Right now their both part time during term time and nothing during breaks.  I’m not saying they need to go crazy but they can have a good balance while aiming a bit higher.

I understand prioritizing the children but sometimes it feels like they’ve taken it just a step far.  Kate should really talk to Sophie for advice on balancing... the Wessex kids are turning out well (except for the James never wearing a coat thing).
Kitty

Warned
Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #5146 on: September 11, 2019, 12:49:13 AM »

@Antevorta: I do see your point, but I disagree to a certain extent.
I do believe that the royals have far more say in what and what not they like to do. The schedule-making staff has their orders on how much a certain royal will want to work, or whether or not he/she is willing to travel, meet with these or those etc.
Kate's gardening projects IMO are a good example: she is interested, she is putting herself out there and she is willing to spend time with the events - as opposed to events which seem less to her liking, at which she spends the bare minimum of time. I believe she has let her staff know that she is only available for such appointments for 20-30 min at a time and this is communicated to the event planners.
While I believe that QEII still has a voice and most likely uses it to support her old-fashioned "we have Always done it this way" staff, I cannot doubt, that she would welcome a dutiful and engaged Cambridge-couple, that takes on projects, makes themselves dear to the people and in that way serves the Crown.
As to making the rest of the family looking bad in comparison, well they manage on their very own to look extremely bad compared to a sewer rat.
And while it is conceivable that were the roles of the Sucks and the Cambs reversed, the second (more suitable and liked couple) would be asked to tone down their bright lights, in this very case it is the first couple that looks rather promising to the future.

I never said they make the family look bad and would never say that because they don't make the family look bad.  William and Catherine are the plain, white wall with no decorations, in the dumpster fire that is this country's Royal Family. I was simply attempting to point out that while William and Catherine will one day be King and Queen, they are not set to become King and Queen in the near future.  As of now, HM still reigns and will continue if we are to believe at least into the next year.  While she does, he children remain as full time working royals.  Therefore, Charles, Anne, Edward and Andrew, (for whatever he has left) will continue with the brunt of the royal engagements as they are children of the sovereign.

Charles and Camilla are yet to have their reign.  Expecting William and Catherine to working at the pace of HM or Charles while they remain in effect, spares, is IMO nonsensical.  I fully expect that once Charles becomes King, there will be a full shuffle of work, allowing William and Catherine to become much more prominent as they will be the heir couple.  But for now, they work when they work and when they don't, they are with the children. I cannot fault them for prioritizing their children and providing a happy, healthy and stable home.  Especially when we can see from the past how William had the bare minimum of those and look how it's affected his life.
I agree that building a good foundation for their kids is important but the UK is in a unique time in history with Brexit. We do not even know if the monarchy will last long enough after The Queen. Will and Kate should start preparing and getting to work. Yes Charles will be the king but its Will and Kate who people see as the future.
Antevorta

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #5147 on: September 11, 2019, 01:39:03 AM »

@Antevorta: I do see your point, but I disagree to a certain extent.
I do believe that the royals have far more say in what and what not they like to do. The schedule-making staff has their orders on how much a certain royal will want to work, or whether or not he/she is willing to travel, meet with these or those etc.
Kate's gardening projects IMO are a good example: she is interested, she is putting herself out there and she is willing to spend time with the events - as opposed to events which seem less to her liking, at which she spends the bare minimum of time. I believe she has let her staff know that she is only available for such appointments for 20-30 min at a time and this is communicated to the event planners.
While I believe that QEII still has a voice and most likely uses it to support her old-fashioned "we have Always done it this way" staff, I cannot doubt, that she would welcome a dutiful and engaged Cambridge-couple, that takes on projects, makes themselves dear to the people and in that way serves the Crown.
As to making the rest of the family looking bad in comparison, well they manage on their very own to look extremely bad compared to a sewer rat.
And while it is conceivable that were the roles of the Sucks and the Cambs reversed, the second (more suitable and liked couple) would be asked to tone down their bright lights, in this very case it is the first couple that looks rather promising to the future.

I never said they make the family look bad and would never say that because they don't make the family look bad.  William and Catherine are the plain, white wall with no decorations, in the dumpster fire that is this country's Royal Family. I was simply attempting to point out that while William and Catherine will one day be King and Queen, they are not set to become King and Queen in the near future.  As of now, HM still reigns and will continue if we are to believe at least into the next year.  While she does, he children remain as full time working royals.  Therefore, Charles, Anne, Edward and Andrew, (for whatever he has left) will continue with the brunt of the royal engagements as they are children of the sovereign.

Charles and Camilla are yet to have their reign.  Expecting William and Catherine to working at the pace of HM or Charles while they remain in effect, spares, is IMO nonsensical.  I fully expect that once Charles becomes King, there will be a full shuffle of work, allowing William and Catherine to become much more prominent as they will be the heir couple.  But for now, they work when they work and when they don't, they are with the children. I cannot fault them for prioritizing their children and providing a happy, healthy and stable home.  Especially when we can see from the past how William had the bare minimum of those and look how it's affected his life.
I agree that building a good foundation for their kids is important but the UK is in a unique time in history with Brexit. We do not even know if the monarchy will last long enough after The Queen. Will and Kate should start preparing and getting to work. Yes Charles will be the king but its Will and Kate who people see as the future.

To be quite fair, outside of royal watchers and our fandom, no one in Britain sees William and Kate as anything except as those royals with the kids.  Brits don’t focus much on the Royal Family as a whole and random Joe/Jane from Hertfordshire probably couldn’t tell Charles from Edward or George from Louis.

I simply think it’s ridiculous the amount of hate, anger or even disappointment that is spewed towards the Cambridge’s based on their work level when they are not even the heir couple yet. Yes, I agree they could work more but I’m not going to get my knickers in a twist because they don’t. They aren’t HM’s children and she is the sovereign. There’s a hierarchy to the monarchy and right now William and Catherine aren’t on the same level. Once Charles is King and if these two are still sitting it out on the sidelines, I’ll join in on Cambridge disappointment train. Until then, I say the most important focus should be on their family and to commit strongly to the engagements they are doing. Which, they seem to be doing well.
Oh_Caroline

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #5148 on: September 11, 2019, 01:57:25 AM »

I feel ya Antevorta and totally respect what you're saying.  I have waves where I don't care and waves where I worry that being the heir couple won't change anything.  I'm just a big believer in "begin as you mean to go on"...and both couples have proven to be a disappointment with that (for vastly different reasons).  I will give props for how the kids are doing...happy and healthy kids can't be faked.  And it's nice that they can be counted on to be scandal free and boring.
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Pitcairn Pitcairn

"The gauntlet is definitely thrown down. Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #5149 on: September 11, 2019, 02:15:44 AM »

Text from Catherine's speech today.

https://www.royal.uk/spee...estival-rhs-wisley-garden
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

wannabe Lesbaru driver

Ignore
« Reply #5150 on: September 11, 2019, 02:25:06 AM »

I'm another one who thinks they should both work more. Kids are in school all day - people pay for their upkeep and their life and staff - they can do an engagement a day or even 3 a week and it'd be better than things are now. I don't ever expect their workload to increase or change, remember all the years of how keen they are to work and nothing changed. Nothing's changed - they just seem stable and decent compared to William's brother and sister in law. You can give your kiddos a solid foundation of life and love and work a few times a week. Most of us work full time and I'd never say we don't love our kids or provide for them and give them a secure upbringing.

In the beginning they said that Kate and William dictated their own schedules. If they don't want to work much they just won't. It's all on them. And neither has shown much of a work ethic in their life.

Doing events like this a few times a week, fluffy, sweet things where she can show up, give a little speech, promote being outdoors because that's so important  for kids, wouldn't be difficult. Events like this are great - and Kate is no longer terribly awkward and stiff as she used to be.
Kitty

Warned
Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #5151 on: September 11, 2019, 02:52:43 AM »

I'm another one who thinks they should both work more. Kids are in school all day - people pay for their upkeep and their life and staff - they can do an engagement a day or even 3 a week and it'd be better than things are now. I don't ever expect their workload to increase or change, remember all the years of how keen they are to work and nothing changed. Nothing's changed - they just seem stable and decent compared to William's brother and sister in law. You can give your kiddos a solid foundation of life and love and work a few times a week. Most of us work full time and I'd never say we don't love our kids or provide for them and give them a secure upbringing.

In the beginning they said that Kate and William dictated their own schedules. If they don't want to work much they just won't. It's all on them. And neither has shown much of a work ethic in their life.

Doing events like this a few times a week, fluffy, sweet things where she can show up, give a little speech, promote being outdoors because that's so important  for kids, wouldn't be difficult. Events like this are great - and Kate is no longer terribly awkward and stiff as she used to be.
Exactly. Everyday people balance workload and raising children so why is it such an excuse for Will and Kate?
What happened to Kate’s “Broken Britain” thing? Exactly Kate doesn’t seem awkward and stiff because she’s doing things she’s passionate about. If she does and works like 2-3 times a week that would be great!
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #5152 on: September 11, 2019, 08:50:33 AM »

Long term? Yes, dear God, I wish Kate worked more. But in terms of yesterday's visits? A good 'un. Very photogenic, fun, halfway decent speech and a nice culmination of her garden project, so kudos Kate and KP.

Kate kills trees, pass it on
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #5153 on: September 11, 2019, 09:43:09 AM »

Keep Harry and Meghan in their own section.
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #5154 on: September 11, 2019, 10:25:26 AM »

Not a bad speech. She'll never be a great public speaker (but then neither is QEII) but she is getting better

Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #5155 on: September 11, 2019, 10:40:35 AM »

Kate has all resources at her disposal she can work quite a bit more. I know she has a bit of a shy nature but so did her MIL. Kate only needs to look at her own upbringing to know you can work and raise children
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #5156 on: September 11, 2019, 01:43:11 PM »

Extra biscuits all round for the KP social media team for covering Kate's speech live on IG, having good photos and video, and doing a really nice IG story about the whole thing. Top work, guys.

Their team seem to be really good at creating a story about their engagements. Where they are, why they are there, who they are meeting, what the benefits are of the host organisation. Oh, and they tag all the right people and have professional quality photos and video.

For all the talk of other family 'brands', over the past few months a very careful and largely effective 'Brand Cambridge' has been created which means that although Will and Kate still aren't working as much as I'd like, the work they do is much more coherent, well communicated and engaging.

Lady Willoughby

Warned
Huge Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #5157 on: September 11, 2019, 02:26:58 PM »

Extra biscuits all round for the KP social media team for covering Kate's speech live on IG, having good photos and video, and doing a really nice IG story about the whole thing. Top work, guys.

Their team seem to be really good at creating a story about their engagements. Where they are, why they are there, who they are meeting, what the benefits are of the host organisation. Oh, and they tag all the right people and have professional quality photos and video.

For all the talk of other family 'brands', over the past few months a very careful and largely effective 'Brand Cambridge' has been created which means that although Will and Kate still aren't working as much as I'd like, the work they do is much more coherent, well communicated and engaging.

The social media team at KP has been impeccable since the split in households.

Konradin

Mini Member

Argentina Argentina

“Après moi le déluge”

Ignore
« Reply #5158 on: September 11, 2019, 02:46:10 PM »

I feel ya Antevorta and totally respect what you're saying.  I have waves where I don't care and waves where I worry that being the heir couple won't change anything.  I'm just a big believer in "begin as you mean to go on"...and both couples have proven to be a disappointment with that (for vastly different reasons).  I will give props for how the kids are doing...happy and healthy kids can't be faked.  And it's nice that they can be counted on to be scandal free and boring.
Catherine has been pictured as "dull" from the beginning, very high class British upper class predictable girl and yet, that has become an asset in these days. I come to relish how she would always be just that same old reliable Catherine, always there, well dressed, eager to please and do the job, it is not that she has a boring personality, perhaps, and it is a big if, it is what is needed, and what the job demands. Her true personality might be otherwise, but her duchess persona is just this, and hey, it is enough to get things done.
JaneAir

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #5159 on: September 11, 2019, 03:02:10 PM »

The social media team at KP has been impeccable since the split in households.

Agreed.  I hope everyone involved gets nice, fat bonuses at the end of the year.   Champagne
Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 347   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: