Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 356 357 [358] 359 360 ... 403   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate - news and photos III  (Read 1211470 times)
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #5355 on: December 03, 2019, 08:54:07 PM »

To me she looks really nervous. I think she knows what's expected of her. Also in terms of other family members.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

#TeamTessy

Ignore
« Reply #5356 on: December 03, 2019, 09:00:17 PM »

To me she looks really nervous. I think she knows what's expected of her. Also in terms of other family members.

She looked more confident once inside, and I'm glad she went despite Bill being away

When the wind of change blows, some people build walls and some people make yak wool ponchos
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #5357 on: December 03, 2019, 09:01:52 PM »

Oh, are there pictures of them inside?

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

#TeamTessy

Ignore
« Reply #5358 on: December 03, 2019, 09:05:22 PM »

Oh, are there pictures of them inside?

Here's one!

When the wind of change blows, some people build walls and some people make yak wool ponchos
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #5359 on: December 03, 2019, 09:12:50 PM »

She looked more confident once inside, and I'm glad she went despite Bill being away

Yes, I'm too. Kate has totally changed for the better.
Duchess of Suffolk

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #5360 on: December 03, 2019, 09:48:57 PM »

Oh, I wish this was a tiara event  Sad

Lady Liebe

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #5361 on: December 03, 2019, 10:02:32 PM »

Hear hear! The BRF is sadly lacking in tiara events, especially since we don't get pictures - except those snapped as they arrive by car - at the Diplomatic Reception.

I cherish a hope that since Cams can carry off all those Greville diamonds we might get some more tiara events once Charles takes over.

If bread and circuses involve tiaras and other really serious jewels I'm all for it . . . . 

« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 10:07:34 PM by Lady Liebe » Logged

Do what you can, where you are, with what youíve got.   Teddy Roosevelt
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

in search of ethical emerald tiaras

Ignore
« Reply #5362 on: December 03, 2019, 10:14:59 PM »

I don't see much of a difference in her. The spaniel hair she's hiding behind, the gurning - the usual Kate. At least she's being required to attend events like this when she should have done so years ago, I think it would have been easier on her had they actually expected something of her rather than let her continue on as Waity-with-the-ring-and-still-won't-work.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Aubiette

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #5363 on: December 03, 2019, 10:15:30 PM »

I wish it was a tiara event too! The pics Iíve seen inside, she looks beautiful and is chatting with Trudeau, etc. I too think it would be nerve wracking. At the end of the day she was just a regular person but this is her future so getting on with it and making small talk with world leaders is part of it. Doing it without William ups the ante too.
I do hate that shade of green but she seems to love it.
Antevorta

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #5364 on: December 03, 2019, 10:39:02 PM »

I wish it was a tiara event too! The pics Iíve seen inside, she looks beautiful and is chatting with Trudeau, etc. I too think it would be nerve wracking. At the end of the day she was just a regular person but this is her future so getting on with it and making small talk with world leaders is part of it. Doing it without William ups the ante too.

Star

I think sometimes people forget this bit of information about Kate.  Regardless of how you may feel about how she got where she is, she is still very much a normal girl thrust into large spectacles of situations that are increasingly difficult to prepare for.  I myself, have degrees in political science, government and history and I would be appallingly nervous and very stressed to be hobnobbing with prime ministers and presidents.  No amount of research and prep would prepare for you standing in front of the leaders of the world.

I think Kate has done wonderfully over the past year.  She has truly opened herself up, stepped up and begun to focus on her future and that of the Crown. It is of course, disappointing and unfortunate when people continue to harp on the past instead of looking at the current positive changes that have been made in her and in her approach to her position and job. 
Bunnyette

Micro Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #5365 on: December 04, 2019, 12:38:16 AM »

Star

I think sometimes people forget this bit of information about Kate.  Regardless of how you may feel about how she got where she is, she is still very much a normal girl thrust into large spectacles of situations that are increasingly difficult to prepare for.  I myself, have degrees in political science, government and history and I would be appallingly nervous and very stressed to be hobnobbing with prime ministers and presidents.  No amount of research and prep would prepare for you standing in front of the leaders of the world.

I think Kate has done wonderfully over the past year.  She has truly opened herself up, stepped up and begun to focus on her future and that of the Crown. It is of course, disappointing and unfortunate when people continue to harp on the past instead of looking at the current positive changes that have been made in her and in her approach to her position and job. 

I have to admit I was getting frustrated with Kateís seeming lack of interest in her role, not sure if it was Catherine Quinn, Higher expectations from Senior Royals or she is more confident but I am pleased to see her taking more interest these days.
thecrownjewelthief

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #5366 on: December 04, 2019, 02:42:59 AM »

Hear hear! The BRF is sadly lacking in tiara events, especially since we don't get pictures - except those snapped as they arrive by car - at the Diplomatic Reception.

I cherish a hope that since Cams can carry off all those Greville diamonds we might get some more tiara events once Charles takes over.

If bread and circuses involve tiaras and other really serious jewels I'm all for it . . . . 

Right?!? I think royal families are fairly useless but if youíre going to insist on keeping them around, letís at least see more tiaras! Especially with the BRF, there must be so many interesting pieces lurking in those vaults just itching to be seen.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

#TeamTessy

Ignore
« Reply #5367 on: December 04, 2019, 08:34:35 AM »

A couple more photos. She looked nice and I liked the diamond earrings. Even a year ago, I'm not sure she would have gone to such a senior event without Will, so I'm glad she did. Her expressions were off the chart, but she never once looked sulky or awkward when in the event

onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #5368 on: December 04, 2019, 10:58:39 AM »

Her hair is all over the place and her facial expressions are a bit exaggerated BUT there is clearly some improvement imo and I give her that she attended the event completely on her own, I mean she went there without William.
She's been married for more than 8 years, to me she's not a "normal girl" anymore. She has been in the royal circles for a long time and her training should have been more intense. Nevertheless, good for her and the future of monarchy she attended this kind of event. It seems she had a descent appearence and she did well. It was about time.

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #5369 on: December 04, 2019, 12:21:27 PM »

I wish it was a tiara event too! The pics I’ve seen inside, she looks beautiful and is chatting with Trudeau, etc. I too think it would be nerve wracking. At the end of the day she was just a regular person but this is her future so getting on with it and making small talk with world leaders is part of it. Doing it without William ups the ante too.

Star

(..)
Why on earth? Many of our "world leaders" have a poorer education, or are just sensationally dumb. On a summit on astrophysics (as an example) I would probably share your concern about being unable to contribute anything of more value than "Oh? ladies' is just around the corner to the left"..
But not only is this not a work meeting but a more formal representational event, and thus all Kate had to do was small talk, but also politics is something that educated (and esp. people in the royalty business) should follow and be informed about. Not sure if I was nervous, esp. considering Kate had met almost each and every one before on such state occassions/visits, and anyway with Kate it is highly likely they spoke about kids, the new it Christmas presents and making cookies...
As to tiara event, yes, sadly no, but apart from the royals and Melania (and why the heck her?) no other spouses and first partners were invited. So it wasn't quite the call for bling... 

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Pages: 1 ... 356 357 [358] 359 360 ... 403   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: